Apple magic mouse. Now, this is innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Lo and behold another overpriced 'good for nothing' accessory from the Cupertino based company.:cool:
I don't blindly sing the Apple tune, but "good for nothing" accessory is a bit too much. Do you have any claims to support that its good for nothing? $69 is not at all costly. The Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 is priced at $50, and thats the crappiest BT mouse! [*www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=099]. $69 for a multitouch mouse is surely not costly when compared to MS BT 5000 mouse.

I think this is evolution (certainly not a revolution! Multitouch technology was revolutionary). I don't know how useful it will be for multitouch touchpad laptop/Mac users, though.

I was going to buy Apple Mighty Mouse till I demoed it at an iStore. It sucked big time, and weighed what my whole keyboard currently does. Using it felt like moving a brick around.

Does the Apple Magic Mouse remove the weight cripple ?
Mighty Mouse is heavy? I can bet that you've never used the Mighty Mouse! ...thats for sure!

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Even the wireless one is not heavy. At least, from the dozen odd wireless-mice I've used, I've found it to be the lightest.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Do you have any claims to support that its good for nothing? $69 is not at all costly.

Oh Yes! I have a couple of points:

-Apple still uses a dated technology; while Logitech uses a technology called 'Darkfield' which makes the mice equally usable on transparent glass, marble tops and smooth wooden surfaces. This rodent will refuse to work on such surfaces.

-You cannot pair this mice on a Window PC. So if I understand it correctly; to use this new touchy-feely device you need to invest in a new Mac. This is so Apple.:x

-Whether you agree or not this device is indeed heavy for a mouse.

-The mouse is not customizable to individual finger swipes.

Krow

Crowman
Does look good, not sure how good it will be. Maybe I won't suck at FPS games if I use this mouse or at least that's what Apple will tell me. :lol:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Oh Yes! I have a couple of points:

-Apple still uses a dated technology; while Logitech uses a technology called 'Darkfield' which makes the mice equally usable on transparent glass, marble tops and smooth wooden surfaces. This rodent will refuse to work on such surfaces.

-You cannot pair this mice on a Window PC. So if I understand it correctly; to use this new touchy-feely device you need to invest in a new Mac. This is so Apple.:x

-Whether you agree or not this device is indeed heavy for a mouse.

-The mouse is not customizable to individual finger swipes.

1) No comments on this issue. I fully agree with you.

2) Nope, don't agree. Why would Apple build something which favors its competitors?? That would be foolish as far as business is concerned! Apple mice were never meant to be used with non-Macs. Why should it change with this device?

3) How can you say its "heavy" for a mouse without actually using it?

4) It recognizes 1, 2, 3 and 4 finger gestures. How can you say its not completely customizable without even seeing or using it? Also, there have always been third party apps for customization soon after such introductions.

While I'm not justifying any product blindly, my point here is that this is the first multitouch mouse. It will need some time to mature.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yup I used it. In the iStore near Forum Mall, Bangalore. (forgot area name).
Thats Koramangala, dude!

Any other bangalorean can confirm the weight after a visit to that place.
I am not asking for any confirmation, pal. I am attesting the fact that its not heavy! I use the mighty mouse (both wired and wireless) daily and a razer krait for gaming (which is supposed to be a very light mouse) and I can say for sure that the Apple mouse is not heavy at all.

I don't know why but I prefer light mice as opposed to the heavy ones which have "stability". I'm waiting to get my hands on this mouse... Not for daily use but definitely for once a while use.

ritesh.techie

Broken In
Apple Magic Mouse

Moved the post to this thread.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to “why you should buy Magic Mouse?”

1. Seamless Multi-Touch Surface:

Magic Mouse— is so sleek and considerably distinct, it delivers a whole brand-new experience to the way you get around on your Mac. You can’t help but wonder at its smooth, buttonless appearance. Then you touch it and instantly appreciate how good it feels in your hand. But it’s when you start using Magic Mouse that everything comes together.

2. Laser-Tracking Engine

You don’t need a Mouse Pad now! Magic Mouse tracks with precision on nearly every surface — whether it’s a table at your favorite cafe or the desk in your home office — without the need for a mousepad.

3. Wireless

The best feature I liked the most, other than being lucrative and responsive this is something I liked the most. Magic Mouse connects to your Mac via Bluetooth wireless technology, so there’s no wire or separate adapter to worry about.

Continue reading here

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom