Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
*i.imgur.com/2HUSq7m.png
Credit: Fonearena

Indian launch is expected to be around November 1st Week (Around diwali)

- Personally, Disappointed with battery size which is said to last 10Hrs under normal use
- Siri Looks improved
- Cameras .. Thumbs up!
- 6S battery capacity reduced to 1715mAH.

As ars rightly pointed out...

About that 16GB model:

Ars Technica readers are generally pretty savvy, and most of you would never turn down extra storage for apps and movies that you've downloaded. But there's one thing that everyone uses their phone for, even if they spend little time on the App Store and stream absolutely everything—pictures. People take pictures. They take movies. They did it before smartphones existed, and now that smartphone cameras are actually pretty good they do it even more.

We've been complaining about the 16GB iPhone base model for a while now. iOS 9's space-saving features and lower pricing for cloud storage are Apple's official solutions to the problem, but the iPhone 6S-series cameras are going to make those entry-level phones feel more restrictive than they did before. You can't upgrade to 12MP photos (with extra frames for the Live Photos feature, no less, which by some accounts doubles the size of a standard picture) and 4K video without eating up more storage, but the iPhone 6S' local storage didn't grow to accommodate the new capabilities.

The only real justification for keeping the base iPhone at 16GB is financial. Bump it to 32GB, and you'll get fewer upgraders to the 64GB and 128GB tiers. As far as the company's bottom line is concerned, it makes sense for Apple to incentivize those upgrades. Using iCloud storage along with the iCloud Photo Library can alleviate this, since it stores the full-resolution photos in the cloud but can keep smaller, "good enough for your phone" versions locally. But from a user's perspective it's hard to see why Apple can't go from 16GB to 32GB at the same price—it managed to go from 32GB to 64GB and from 64GB to 128GB without raising prices.

The new Apple TV starts at 32GB. The iPad Pro starts at 32GB. It's time for the iPhone (and, for that matter, all the other iPads) follow suit.
Hands-on with the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, and why the 16GB model needs to die | Ars Technica

India Pricing:

*i.imgur.com/QjXiriF.png​

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Re: Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched; Why 16Gb model should die!

16 makes sense because "MARKETING". In the present scenario, they're directing the crowd to buy the 64 GB version. If they stopped the 16GB version and introduced a 32GB version, 80% of 64GB buyers will buy the 32GB version. Apple wants the buyers to buy the 64 GB version hence the 16 GB version. This is a nifty marketing strategy.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

16 makes sense because "MARKETING". In the present scenario, they're directing the crowd to buy the 64 GB version. If they stopped the 16GB version and introduced a 32GB version, 80% of 64GB buyers will buy the 32GB version. Apple wants the buyers to buy the 64 GB version hence the 16 GB version. This is a nifty marketing strategy.
Everything is a market strategy for them. Remember iphone 4s is still selling here.

tkin

Back to school!!

16GB will sell because people like to show off, at least in India. About 80% of the iphone users I had seen just like to show off their phones. They wouldn't care if its 16GB or 8GB. I saw a guy choosing iPhone 4s over LG G2.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

16GB will sell because people like to show off, at least in India. About 80% of the iphone users I had seen just like to show off their phones. They wouldn't care if its 16GB or 8GB. I saw a guy choosing iPhone 4s over LG G2.

Don't know man, I was very optimistic about OPO but I still prefer iPhone 4 over it since the touch is not of good quality & it's bulky, almost feels it will tear my formal trousers
And there are too many frequent updates available for apps like 15-20 in alternate days. As long as I am at my hometown is no issue since I have unlimited broadband but as soon as I get transferred, I'll rely on cellular data which will make it impossible to handle these updates.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Everything is a market strategy for them. Remember iphone 4s is still selling here.
nope

iPhone - Apple (IN)

only 6s, 6 and 5s, the same models sold in US.

Is there smartphone charity company who will give me free phone?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

nope

iPhone - Apple (IN)

Apple iPhone 4S Price in India - Buy Apple iPhone 4S Black 8 Online - Apple : Flipkart.com

Apple iPhone 4S (White, 8GB): Amazon.in: Electronics

iPhone 4S 8 GB White: Buy iPhone 4S 8 GB White Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal.com

iPhone 4S 8 GB Black: Buy iPhone 4S 8 GB Black Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal.com

Shouldn't apple call the stocks back? I mean if they can spend time and money on stupid patents and lawsuits, they should easily be able to call all of 4s, 5, 5c phones back.

Most people will buy them otherwise.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

nope

iPhone - Apple (IN)

ebay.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

:D actually amazon prices are pretty throwaway

Apple iPhone 4S Price in India - Buy Apple iPhone 4S Black 8 Online - Apple : Flipkart.com

Apple iPhone 4S (White, 8GB): Amazon.in: Electronics

iPhone 4S 8 GB White: Buy iPhone 4S 8 GB White Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal.com

iPhone 4S 8 GB Black: Buy iPhone 4S 8 GB Black Online at Low Price in India - Snapdeal.com

Shouldn't apple call the stocks back? I mean if they can spend time and money on stupid patents and lawsuits, they should easily be able to call all of 4s, 5, 5c phones back.

Most people will buy them otherwise.

well what can I say. Yindians. These are probably all overpriced scams. Just check the versions available on the official web site. How difficult is that.
These are the kind of sellers that give Apple a bad name, by going and begging them for unsold stock.

Imo iPhones are cheap. Spent 20k on a 3gs 5 years ago, haven't upgraded since, it's the only smartphone I've ever used and mostly happy with it, only want to upgrade for a better cam. From my perspective, I made a totally vfm choice instead of getting a desire or something back then. Ive seen my more budget conscious friends spend more than 50k on androids in 2 years and keep telling them it is a terrible mistake. Your specifications fixation is all wrong because the 600 Mhz Cortex A8 thrashed the 1GHz Scorpion in the long run because of ecosystem design. Apple's life cycle and production cycle are on a different scale than droids. No droid has rolled off factory floors for three straight years. Understand this.

ok. Nokia started it, Apple is playing just like everyone else. A patent troll does not produce any products. US patent office is to blame.

and these brilliant ideas need to be contributed to the 1000+ reasons not to buy Apple thread. Need some halp there.

tkin

Back to school!!

:D actually amazon prices are pretty throwaway

well what can I say. Yindians. These are probably all overpriced scams. Just check the versions available on the official web site. How difficult is that.
These are the kind of sellers that give Apple a bad name, by going and begging them for unsold stock.

Imo iPhones are cheap. Spent 20k on a 3gs 5 years ago, haven't upgraded since, it's the only smartphone I've ever used and mostly happy with it, only want to upgrade for a better cam. From my perspective, I made a totally vfm choice instead of getting a desire or something back then. Ive seen my more budget conscious friends spend more than 50k on androids in 2 years and keep telling them it is a terrible mistake. Your specifications fixation is all wrong because the 600 Mhz Cortex A8 thrashed the 1GHz Scorpion in the long run because of ecosystem design. Apple's life cycle and production cycle are on a different scale than droids. No droid has rolled off factory floors for three straight years. Understand this.

ok. Nokia started it, Apple is playing just like everyone else. A patent troll does not produce any products. US patent office is to blame.

and these brilliant ideas need to be contributed to the 1000+ reasons not to buy Apple thread. Need some halp there.

That's why budget conscious people should go for moto g3. For those who don't care about budget S6 Edge plus or Note5 blows the competition away in terms of VFM.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^what droid should I have got in 2010?

vanilla droids may be good, I don't know. Motorola is certainly legendary when it comes to phones, would go as far as to say even their feature phones have a class and pedigree better than Apple.
but I play Infinity Blade II, Asphalt 8 on my 3GS, a phone made in 2009. It just does it's job.

also, 32 GB is not a solution for the problem of photos and videos, will only delay the data build up. It is better to save photos in cloud for various reasons. This process is pretty solid, automatic and in the background in iOS.

tkin

Back to school!!

^what droid should I have got in 2010?

vanilla droids may be good, I don't know. Motorola is certainly legendary when it comes to phones, would go as far as to say even their feature phones have a class and pedigree better than Apple.
but I play Infinity Blade II, Asphalt 8 on my 3GS, a phone made in 2009. It just does it's job.

also, 32 GB is not a solution for the problem of photos and videos, will only delay the data build up. It is better to save photos in cloud for various reasons. This process is pretty solid, automatic and in the background in iOS.
1. Fully agreed, back the 2010 no droid came close to the iphone, same was till 2012-13. Then SD800 chipset came into play and the LG G2 was comparable to any iphone released that year.

2. Motorola never tried to give you a 'Flagship Killer.' The provide a phone that simply works. It has some nice features, no extra bloat, but a few very useful software. The price is good, not the best VFM, but the build quality and after sales support make up for it. All budget users should go for motorola now.

3. As for cloud, google drive is now integrated with android, also google games. Your game data will be saved in google games, most popular games support this, so that's tight cloud integration there. Then there are google photos for photo sync, drive for document sync, and other data like contacts etc will also be saved in cloud.

4. Do you think cloud is feasible in India? The data connection is bad, 3g is not present or in a very poor state outside of metros, data cost is extremely high. All round cloud only works if we get say 50GB of 3G under 1k, anything less makes little sense.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

I see no other solution, even an external data bank will only slow down the accumulation of data. It insures the data against loss or theft of the device, and gives a certain device independence to your data. Photos are one thing we actually need on our devices, for quick access to show or some apps that show what photos were taken one year ago...

Was talking to one engineer who works with laying the fibre optic cables in India. He told me that the various departments planning are so bad (cable layers and municipality) that the people laying the cables have to haphazardly cut and join many segments of the cable. He told me that from point to point, or a stretch there should be no more than 3-4 splicings, or places where the fibre optic cable has been cut and join again. Because of the haphazard working conditions, people do jugad, and there are many, many more of these splices than what the cables for designed for. Because of this, he says that the connection quality in India will always be bad, because the underlying infrastructure is horribly messed up.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

6S is cool, impressive features like 3D touch.

3D touch isnt actually 3D touch
its basically "touch hold down"

The actual 3D touch concept was made by Microsoft(Project Mclaren) and Huawei

you can add "3D touch" as apple defines it, to any rooted android with a gesture app in say Xposed

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know man, I was very optimistic about OPO but I still prefer iPhone 4 over it since the touch is not of good quality & it's bulky, almost feels it will tear my formal trousers

true I think anything above 4.5inches is too big
wish they made small screen flagships or mid rangers

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

3D touch isnt actually 3D touch
its basically "touch hold down"

The actual 3D touch concept was made by Microsoft(Project Mclaren) and Huawei

you can add "3D touch" as apple defines it, to any rooted android with a gesture app in say Xposed

- - - Updated - - -

true I think anything above 4.5inches is too big
wish they made small screen flagships or mid rangers
You can get Sony Xperia z5c or z3c

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

You can get Sony Xperia z5c or z3c

nah these "Compact" , "Mini" etc phones are often just sidee devices sadly and dont get proper support from devs and even OEMs later on
Im gonna wait for Moto X Play and Lumia 940

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

nah these "Compact" , "Mini" etc phones are often just sidee devices sadly and dont get proper support from devs and even OEMs later on
Im gonna wait for Moto X Play and Lumia 940
Not true
Z3c,Z1c both have same board as Z3/Z2 and Z1 respectively so if those two get a ROM even the compact ones will get it
As for OEM support, the Original Z series has just got the 5.1.1 update and those phones started with 4.1 so that is something

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

the 16 GB model is good for those who consume and delete content instead of hoarding, use services, stream stuff, and store everything in cloud. Important factor here is not much usage of HD space.
those who use their phones in this way, should have the option of not having to pay for unnecessary storage

$hadow

Geek in making

16gb is just a gimmick. It is more of a toy for the fans. Coz you can't do anything too much with it.

Top Bottom