Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched; Why 16Gb model should die!

16gb is just a gimmick. It is more of a toy for the fans. Coz you can't do anything too much with it.
You can show people that you have an iPhone. But if you're a media consumer like me you'll find anything under 64GB inadequate.

$hadow

Geek in making

You can show people that you have an iPhone. But if you're a media consumer like me you'll find anything under 64GB inadequate.

And that 64 GB is costly, there are no second thoughts on that.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Smartphones are useless in India.
what is one useful feature a smartphone does that a feature phone does not do.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Most of the flagships are now moving away from ext sd card
Its the opposite nowadays lol
Except Samsung ALL Android Flagships have microSD card support

OP
swatkats

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!

Who else is buying 11.5Gb phone at 62k?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

lol this GB thing has to go away some day
you cannot keep living in the past, we have to use paid apps, services, and cloud at some time, which is the whole point of the smartphone.
better to start sooner than later
no amount of GB is going to solve a problem where you need all your stuff to be on your device. maybe if you delete the songs, and the videos downloaded from youtube, you will have enough space for photos, I donno.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

you cannot keep living in the past, we have to use paid apps, services, and cloud at some time, which is the whole point of the smartphone.
no amount of GB is going to solve a problem where you need all your stuff to be on your device. maybe if you delete the songs, and the videos downloaded from youtube, you will have enough space for photos, I donno.

yeah right, like 4g is getting cheaper any sooner in the world and especially in India. nothing happening in next 5 years. GB stays.

amjath

Human Spambot

My previous phone with 16GB+32GB and current phone 64GB was enough for my needs. 64Gig is more than enough for any device.

BTW heard from my colleague, did ios9 reduced the OS size by removing unwanted api's? He said the api's will downloaded when you download an app. Is this true.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it, its App Thinning.
?App thinning? will be a major boon for 8GB and 16GB iPhones and iPads | Ars Technica

so its not 11gb for 16gb version

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

it is seriously much more expensive in the long run
cloud is cheaper.
a service to an music service may actually be cheaper than storing all your songs. How many songs can you afford to physically store really. Isn't it better to just delete all the mp3s?
there is no defragmentation, no maintenance, a much smaller investment in memory, and most importantly, cloud is one of the safest places to store your critical data. Photos especially, are safest in the cloud. All your other things are going to fail. It is known.

these things are officially available for incredibly cheap right now.

And yeah, how can you call the smartphone brand with 2-4% market share in India, as "Sheeple" ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Cloud isn't available at all times and connectivity is a big issue in India, no matter what your operator is.

If Apple wants to wank it as the best phone, they should start giving it worthy hardware upgrades instead of minor incremental ones like Samsung does with its over 9000 phones every year.

16 GB would've been enough in 2010 but not in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

it is seriously much more expensive in the long run
cloud is cheaper.
a service to an music service may actually be cheaper than storing all your songs. How many songs can you afford to physically store really. Isn't it better to just delete all the mp3s?
there is no defragmentation, no maintenance, a much smaller investment in memory, and most importantly, cloud is one of the safest places to store your critical data. Photos especially, are safest in the cloud.
All your other things are going to fail. It is known.

these things are officially available for incredibly cheap right now.

And yeah, how can you call the smartphone brand with 2-4% market share in India, as "Sheeple" ?

Tell that to the celebrities who wanted to sue google for iCloud leak :rofl:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

well, you are fixated on the hardware, fair enough
the ecosystem can make you overlook the specifics of the device, might seem like a new idea, I know.

also one thing I don't get, you buy a droid because it is a droid, you buy windows mobile because it is windows mobile, so what is the problem if you buy an iPhone because it is an iPhone.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

well, you are fixated on the hardware, fair enough
the ecosystem can make you overlook the specifics of the device, might seem like a new idea, I know.

I would've went for it if it
a. had drag and drop to and from PC without needing any extra software.
b. had a file manager.
c. didn't cost a kidney

Its easier for me to access my laptop's hdds using ES File explorer than syncing things over itunes.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

well, you can copy photos and videos from the device and put it in your computer right away in that manner.
what else do you need to get in or out?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

well, you can copy photos and videos from the device and put it in your computer right away in that manner.
what else do you need to get in or out?

PDFs (huge ones), Other documents, FLAC files, 10 bit 720p anime, CBR/CBZ files, compressed archives and folders.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

ok, another new idea, there is no real need for a file manager. This prevents you from wasting any time on file management.

well, you can download these things directly on the phone
documents are not a task to mail, plus there are apps for this that manage a lot of this copy/pasting things for you
there is kindle
there might be anime, manga services, ionno

at least try it?
there are some innovative ways iOS handles media.
For example, if you subscribe to a podcast, the latest episode gets downloaded automatically, as soon as you listen to it, it gets deleted. It is so much more simpler, you don't have to do any memory management at all.

ofc, you can still just play it off safari

also, internet and devices are not infallible anywhere. this is a usage and attitude based thing, we don't have good cheap local apps and services, because we don't consume good cheap local apps. There is absolutely no demand, and this is hurting our collective investments in smart phones of any platform. Flyte was one of the few services that delivered files in various formats at various bitrates. it was a cheap music service, made with design considerations for India in many ways, and we let it die.

Top Bottom