Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched; Why 16Gb model should die!

How can you say "there is no real need for a file manager"? :facepalm:

BTW, why mail the documents and waste data instead of simply copying it over wifi?

As for anime streaming services, their quality is a joke while crunchyroll isn't available to India. Nothing beats 10 bit anime, unless its HEVC 10 bit anime. Offline is the way to watch it when we are forced to have 512 kbps internet.

Nobody wants to buy music/mp3s here. They'll just download it from some .pk site for 128 kbps bitrate :lol:

I don't know if iOS supports flac files without needing any other app or conversion. Any conversion would defeat FLAC's purpose.

And a question, why switch when my existing devices (one of them was launched in 2012) do all that without needing apple's logo?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

there is airdrop
if there was a consumption, Im sure there would be someone who comes forward to provide the service
.pk site messes tags, probably makes you waste some time on tagscanner, fudges making sense or extracting data from your listening habits (which is a serious consideration if you are using cloud services for music) (check out comments here www.songs.pk — Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at Last.fm :lol:). Flyte gave ogg/mp3 option among others in 64/128/320 bitrate options. Forget one of the few, think Flyte was the only one to do this.
2012 got nothing on 2009, my friend

apple has it's own format known as aac

the apple logo gets you exclusives, in all kinds media, not available anywhere else officially if you are willing to buy, and sometimes exclusively ahead of time when compared to other platforms.

OP
swatkats

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!

iOS vs Android . :lol:

Never ending debate even in the next decade.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

no this is apps, services, cloud usage on any platform
switch to this kind of usage on android, would be very happy, that would mean more goodies for iOS users as well
play store seems to be a little complacent, google seems happy enough with the rampant piracy, or at least does not have as much as content provider clout as Apple atm, would be really happy if there was some serious competition to iOS

The way I see it, Nintendo, Sony, Amazon are the real competition to Apple in the content space, waiting and waiting for Google to jump in to the fray.

Deadman

Journeyman

[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] won't live streaming consume more battery plus phone heating and those radiations.
Lets be practical a 64gb card is enough for a week of music even though you can carry an extra in your wallet.
People like things simple and old fashioned way. This live streaming and all will never work unless we get enormous battery life and data.

kisame

King of Heroes

^Add to that that mobile data is not cheap+shitty coverage in India, you will be forced to have your music offline with you and not on some server.
For these reasons, iPhone will remain behind Android in popularity.

Last edited:
OP
swatkats

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!

iPhones 6S battery life 'varies by up to two hours depending on chip supplier'

TSMC and Samsung make chips for iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, but power consumption varies markedly, according to user reports

iPhones 6S battery life 'varies by up to two hours depending on chip supplier' | Technology | The Guardian

*www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/3nn00t/live_test_results_iphone_6s_samsung_14nm_vs_tsmc/
Samsung chip consumes 20% more power.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

hmm ok
There were always mp3 players. What made the ipod such a revolution? It was iTunes, although it was on Moto Rokr first. Now why would this difference cause a paradigm shift?
without Internet, without cloud and without premium apps and services, I don't see how a smartphone is soo different from a feature phone with a touchscreen.
There used to be excellent devices for this kind of usage, at one time. Unfortunately, they stopped making those. :( If the original xperia, or the original omnia or the n series would have continued their progression, that would have been much better than these smart phone thingies. But that option is not there.
Cloud, services, easy access to basically all the content there is, these things were not available till recently, and now they are, legally, easily, and cheaply. At least a few of them are and more will be available if there is interest or demand.

If not, I can then understand a whole lot of things, there really is no difference between the 5k device and the 60k device, and all of them are for show-off.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

^Add to that that mobile data is not cheap+shitty coverage in India, you will be forced to have your music offline with you and not on some server.
For these reasons, iPhone will remain behind Android in popularity.
Yeah. I do like the idea of cloud storage but live streaming is something I'll not prefer over offline viewing

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I saw a guy using blackberry with the 8 version of os in the wild
rock on

there are few people who use only soundcloud or 8tracks or some streaming service, and dont have saved songs just for the reasons
how many can you save
listen to new things every day when it is available for free

I am very glad for these usage scenarios

Top Bottom