Apple fined $1,200,000 for misleading consumers in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Apple was fined €900,000 ($1.2million) for misleading consumers on product assistance, Italy's antitrust authority said Tuesday. Apple Sales International, Apple Italia Srl and Apple Retail Italia were fined after complaints from consumer groups about "unfair commercial practices." The US tech giant was found to have issued unclear advice on its paid extended warranty program, while at the same time failing to fully apply the standard European two-year legal vendor's free guarantee to consumers, the ANSA news agency said. The company received a €500,000 fine for not providing complete information about the AppleCare Protection Plan and a €400,000 fine for not giving customers adequate information about the length of product guarantees.

Source

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That's what Apple gets for being a "smart a$$".

@OP: I hope you will edit the post with correct format and fix hyperlink, after you realize it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really think this is a big issue. $1.2 million is nothing.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@OP: I hope you will edit the post with correct format and fix hyperlink, after you realize it.

I know that, but since I had posted it form mobile so I don't know why it got posted it in a wrong format. And since I didn't came online through laptop so didn't corrected. Done now.

doomgiver

Warframe
the point is, they were fooling customers.

i really hope that company just vanishes off the face of the earth. never liked them.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
*has a peek into a thread about Apple*
*sees irrational over the top abuse and lack of sense in few of the posts*
*moves out of the thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom