[APP] MyTaxIndia - App to calculate tax

blessenm

Broken In
I just uploaded the new application I was working on yesterday to the android market.
The name of the app is MyTaxIndia. It was originally designed and developed for the iPhone and iPad. I ported it to the android platform. I tried my best to make it as uniform with the iPhone version.

My Tax India

Please download, rate and review it. Let me know what ur comments are.

Ive utilized a lot of the standard android animations. To get the best results you need a high density phone.
Well heres the market link. Do spread the word as every download could really help me.
*market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result

I hope you folks will love it.

YouTube - My Tax India, Android App

23 views and no replies. :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup, I just play NFS, Raging Thunderbird, use 3G that's all :D

Calling, SMS etc. daily need is served by Nokia 2730 :D

tkin

Back to school!!
Yup, I just play NFS, Raging Thunderbird, use 3G that's all :D

Calling, SMS etc. daily need is served by Nokia 2730 :D
That's why I want to buy the galaxy player from samsung, for texting and calling and rough use nothing beats 2k cheap phones.

tkin

Back to school!!
Someone find me this in India: Samsung Galaxy Player 5in Samsung YP-GB70 16GB | eBay

I'll call my friends who have android.

OP
B

blessenm

Broken In
Well forums was the only way I knew how to reach android users. Even I use a Nokia phone for my personal use. :). But im sure there could be some android users here. Thanks for the support and the replies.

Can I make a another post in the Mobile monsters section? Or will that be against the forum rules like double posting?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll just move this thread there.

Thread moved to Mobile Monsters with a re-direct link in Community Discussions.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
very nice app.easy to understand.although the sliders gave me jitters :( (maybe some issue with my phone)

OP
B

blessenm

Broken In
Thanks ico for moving the thread. Thanks gagan for ur feedback. We created a custom infinite slider. We struggled a bit to get our design to fit in the smaller devices. The full glory of our app could only be experienced in bigger phones. Well that was a lesson learned and will apply to our next project.

What is your device?

It would be great if you could give us a review on the android market and a rating as it would help our standing on the android market. Again thanks

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Yes I noticed that it is a custom slider (didn't know that it was an infinite one, as a programmer myself this is intriguing :) )

I used Samsung Galaxy SL GT i9003. I will surely give a review in Android market :)

OP
B

blessenm

Broken In
Thanks gagan for ur response. rhitwick hope u'll like it.

Just crossed 100 downloads. Next aim is the 500 mark. Long way to go but im optimistic.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tried your software today. 1.5 MB is more than avg. size for an app.

Good>
1>Animations: Help file launch and close to be specific.
2>Segmented display.
3>Sliders
4>Pretty much most of the aspects are considered in the app.
5>"Tax Split" feature. Great! I would simply use this only for this feature.

Suggestions>
1>facebook? Why would I post my tax details to facebook?
2>Sound...ummmmm not sure here.
3>Loading time.
4>Help files are not definitive. Eg. in HRA field its not told, if I'm supposed to enter monthly rent or yearly payable? U've given general description of the terms but not an example to show which kind of data the software expects. WORK HERE.
5>Income from other source is not included. Eg. income from shares. Diff. tax calculation for it. I guess its 15% flat on the profit...right?

Broken (at least did not work for me)>
1>For "total investments" section, if I enter values manually (from keyboard) and do not use sliders, the calculations do not work. They just get reset. Tried thrice.

In summary: Good software. Work on literature (help content) and check if the bug I told is really a bug.

System used: Samsung Galaxy S

OP
B

blessenm

Broken In
rhitwick. Thanks for ur valueable feedback.
The main reason for the size of the app is because we use a load of images to make the app look the way it it.
We have to put 3 sets of the same images so it looks good on all kinds of sizes of the phone.
We didn't want the app to look like a standard android app.

About your suggestions.
1. Facebook was just a way to promote our app. Not to post ur tax details. More like to share about the app u just used. That was the intention. These days Facebook is integrated into everything. Now Im feeling pretty stupid after you suggested it. Will think about it.

2. We got another comment on the sound. Is the song completely wrong or u just want the sound removed.

3. We are still trying to optimize the app.

4. In our next update we will look into expanding the help section as another intention of this app is to educate about the income tax.

5. This was our first release and we decided to stick with six kinds of investments.
But according to the response to the app we will be expanding the application. Research into it is already going on.

About the bug u faced. It a know issue.
We just fixed it and will be releasing another quick update next week.
The problem is we only have 2 phones HTC Desire HD and HTC Wildfire. There keyboards are different than the keyboards on the nexus and other brad of phones.
This was a issue that we struggled with as android does not have any standard they enforce so it makes things very difficult. Right now when you use the keyboard your changes are registered after u press the 'ENTER' button. Our fix will include support for the 'Done' button which are found on the Nexus phones.

rhitwick could you give my app a rating and a review on the android market? It would be really helpful for our visibility on the market.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Seems like a good applications. Anything which saves tax...!

Though could not try it out. But like the encouragement here...!

OP
B

blessenm

Broken In
Just update the app to version 1.1.
Some bug fixes that was reported and some other noted bugs have been fixed.

OP
B

blessenm

Broken In
Well we know some of you folks experienced problem while using the keyboard. We have made an attempt to fix these issues. If you are experiencing any more problems let me know. Your reviews and ratings are welcome.

PraKs

Youngling
Any plans for iOS App :) ?

Would be glad if you can also release Excel sheet which can do all the things ..

Top Bottom