APC UPS problem!

Vishw

Journeyman
Hey Guys,

I have the BE650Y-IN model, using it for almost 20 months. It was working fine till yesterday night when I went to sleep [left the pc on downloading stuff].. but this morning when I checked, everything was off.. so I started the UPS & the LED started alternating amber and green giving out 2 short beeps every couple seconds. PC started fine & it seems to be working fine but the beeps are annoying. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Is the battery nearing end of life? Do I have to recharge it for a certain amount of time before using it again?

Thanks,
Vish.

Anybody????

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think it was not getting enough voltage, hence that noise and blinking light.

Plz let us know if this continues or re-occurs at specific times?

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Well, abt 10 min ago.. somehow that behavior stopped & it's green only now & seems to be working properly! Hope it continues that way! :)

Will let you know if it starts misbehaving again!

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Nothing.. its directly connected to wall outlet.

It worked flawlessly for 20 months.. this is the first time it's misbehaving..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
ok. Do one thing. Get a spike buster (don't buy, if possible borrow it from ur friend) and keep it with you.

(if the electricity is not off and)
The moment your UPS starts noise unplug it, put the spike buster in between plug and UPS. Such that now the power first comes to spike buster and UPS takes power from spike buster.

Try it and report.

(Why this weird solution: I kinda faced this similar situation, resolved it this way. Need to if you have the same issue or ur battery is dead)

Sarath

iDota
Even i'm getting an APC UPS. Hope i dont face any such problems.

Your problem reminded me of the Home UPS we had with the annoying beeps so much so that we stopped using it.

Scheider electric is good otherwise.

Top Bottom