Anyone using NetBeans IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Can NetBeans IDE be used for compiling simple C++ programs? Whenever I try to compile any C++ program, it says makefile has not been added.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I don't think so coz as far as I've used Netbeans IDe, which is limited BTW, one can use it for inly Java. Use Visual Studio if want an all in one package for C,C++,C# etc. :)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Yes..NetBeans IDE can be used for C/CPP coding..
*www.netbeans.org/features/cpp/index.html

I use eclipse though (for java). :D

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^I provided DEV-CPP as compiler to Netbeans(under options) but still It gives a message that says MAKEFILE hasn't been included and it doesn't compile program.

Rudick, DevCPP can be used for a number of languages like Java, C++, Ruby etc.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
makefile isn't same as the compiler. I don't know how to solve the problem but this might help you. This site explains what is make - *www.eng.hawaii.edu/Tutor/Make/

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its best, for simple programs of any language, to never use an IDE.

Anyway lets follow what they have to say:
*www.netbeans.org/kb/60/cnd/quick-start.html

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You waste more time on configuring it for things that are way beyond the level you ought to start with, just like you are doing now! When you do projects you will require makefiles and such but for now quit it and use any simple editor (Notepad++ or gedit and those kind, or cli if you prefer), and use the g++/cc/etc commands to compile

purujitb

Broken In
dev cpp will not work as netbeans requires a C compiler, C++ compiler, make utility, and gdb debugger all of which Dev cpp doesn't have.

try cygwin and follow instructions from here.

*www.netbeans.org/community/releases/60/cpp-setup-instructions.html

If you are a beginner then try using a simple editor as people have recommended(Nodepad++ is a great one).

anurag.arora

Right off the assembly line
i am unable to set path in j2DK .... the script gets compiled but i ma unable to run the script ...it says noclasdeffound.....like plz ..help me guys ./..trying from so many days !!

jackabc

Right off the assembly line
It will not work as netbeans,But it requires a C compiler, C++ compiler, make utility, and debugge all of which doesn't have.

follow instructions from The link given below for accessing netbeans.

*www.netbeans.org/community/re...tructions.html

-----------------
jackabc
social media marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom