anyone giving IIT-JEE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IITian

Broken In
I hope it will. But more than that, I hope its easier to get into these new IITs.

Even if I get Civil Engineering in IIT Indore or IIT Mandi, I will be happy to take it. (Civil Engg is the last option I have - I am NOT taking Chemical Engineering even if they paid me because I suck at those fields)

Ppl have a serious misconception that chemical engg is all about the nasty organic/inorganic chemistry that we study till 12th std.in fact it deals with physical chemistry, which actually is quite interesting.the studies are limited to thermodynamics,kinetics etc. Moreover, chemical engineers get better packages than the ppl of most other streams in IITs.

PS-No, I m not a chemical engineer!

Last edited:
OP
Infernal12

Infernal12

Sony Ericsson Lover
Im prepared to take up B.Sc Physics even. The branch does not really matter to me. I just want something to do with physics lol.

Ppl have a serious misconception that chemical engg is all about the nasty organic/inorganic chemistry that we study till 12th std.in fact it deals with physical chemistry, which actually is quite interesting.the studies are limited to thermodynamics,kinetics etc. Moreover, chemical engineers get better packages than the ppl of most other streams in IITs.

PS-No, I m not a chemical engineer!
But its still not a field I like. I am more into Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering in that order of preference.

nsalgaocar

Broken In
But its still not a field I like. I am more into Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering in that order of preference.

even id giv preference to cse an IT as that wht i really wanna do...
as for chemical engineerin, i had resolved durin my last days of 12th to try n avoid chemistry wherevber i can... be it organic or physical... i hate it all

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I am gettin 170 - 175 :(
Cutoff is expected to be around 180 - 190.Anyone above 200 is surely gettin something.
BTW guys check ur scores as solutions are out and post here so can get an idea of our performance.
Paper 1 was OK for me but the integer type did me in :(

PS. Do check solutions to bust your high marks imagination. :lol:

Last edited:

IITian

Broken In

it's your call.i just wanted to clear the facts.Anyways IMO getting in thru AIEEE will b better than going to those sh1tty so called new IITs.

Im prepared to take up B.Sc Physics even. The branch does not really matter to me. I just want something to do with physics lol.

AFAIK there is no such course in any IIT.It's M.Sc. physics instead.These integrated M.Sc. courses are meant only for those interested in research works.if u r thinking of doing MBA or IAS etc., then there is no point in wasting one extra year with these courses.

Hey, does IIT have Marine Engineering ? If yes how difficult is it to get there ? If its tough, does any collage offer marine with AIEEE ranking ?

IITian

Broken In
Hey, does IIT have Marine Engineering ? If yes how difficult is it to get there ? If its tough, does any collage offer marine with AIEEE ranking ?

There is a stream called Ocean engineering in IIT chennai.u'll probably have to get the rank under 4000 in JEE to get there.No other IIT is having any such course.
For marine engineering, T.S. Chanakya is considered the best college in the country.
till 2 years ago, it used to take admissions on the basis of JEE rank(i dont know about the current scenario).
I never appeared in AIEEE councelling, so i have no idea about their colleges.

Actually I am not looking at B.Sc but BE (or B.Tech) Marine Engineering. And I don't think I will even get triple digit scores in IIT-JEE. I really screwed up :(. I am hoping for a much better performance in AIEEE though because I am from CBSE.

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
Actually I am not looking at B.Sc but BE (or B.Tech) Marine Engineering. And I don't think I will even get triple digit scores in IIT-JEE. I really screwed up :(. I am hoping for a much better performance in AIEEE though because I am from CBSE.

yep me too from cbse and i am a private candidate . I have studied everything on my own , no cram-schools or high school .

P.S- cram-schools means coaching institutes .

Looking for aieee though i have completed 70% syllabus .

abhijangda

Padawan
Hello friends i take iit paper from my friend. When do it then i found that it was easy.
Paper-2 was very easy for both chem. and physics but it was some what tough for math. Paper-1 was somewhat tought.
But all in all i think that
for physics it was easy
for chem. it was also easy
for math it was somewhat difficult
note i m just talking about XIth as my XIIth coaching hasn't started.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
The first paper was easy except for those Maths questions but both Physics and Maths were tough in the 2nd paper. I didn't calculate the score or visited the website with solutions as earlier said by a member here, I may fell short of expectations.

redhat

Mad and Furious
I found both the papers easy!
The inclusion of integral subjectives was good. Very easy questions. And certain questions in physics, especially mechanics in both papers was a child's play!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom