Anybody joined BPO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

help -_-

Right off the assembly line
yeah i understand
you want me to concentrate on a long term career but i talking about getting some experience while doing my btech part time
i may also do my ccnp if get a job in network field
wont this help me to get a good cooperate job after completing my btech?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
yeah i understand
you want me to concentrate on a long term career but i talking about getting some experience while doing my btech part time
i may also do my ccnp if get a job in network field
wont this help me to get a good cooperate job after completing my btech?
Dude, get a degree first. Diploma is not a degree.
And the the certifications u mentioned, are considered as ADD_ON only if u have a degree.
Better join a full time B.Tech course (college). What is ur hurry to join a job?

help -_-

i understand that diploma is not degree but
i cant look for any help from my father anymore
so you're telling that getting experience and doing these courses now is useless?

help -_-

so you're telling that getting experience and doing these courses now is useless?

If you are good enough and confident, applying for an educational loan is the only go. I think you should try for one of those Lateral Entry programs which let you join from 2nd year batch since you did a diploma.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If you are good enough and confident, applying for an educational loan is the only go. I think you should try for one of those Lateral Entry programs which let you join from 2nd year batch since you did a diploma.
Yes!!! In my college a few guys joined us directly at 2nd year of engg.
U've not lost anything, u'r more experienced from knowledge side.

And, if u do good in academics a lot path just open up.
Go for a regular course.

help -_-

^^yeah thanks i about to get a job not in a bpo i think i can study btech in evening college from there.

OP
V

vivek_master146

Broken In
Today I gave an interview and got selected for US shift in Outbound/Sales Process. Its selling of some membership cards. It was just single round interview.

Salary is 8K fixed + 6K incentives + cabs.

After 1 month 11K fixed salary + incentives + cabs.

They are also charging Rs 2000 for training. Rs. 500 in advance and 1500 will be deducted from salary.

This is really strange. Companies instead gives salary while traning and this BPO is charging money. This is a genuine company. That's for sure!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^What a moronic rule? I haven't seen a single BPO deducting charges for training out of an employee's pay check. That is absurd. May I dare ask which company is this?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
^What a moronic rule? I haven't seen a single BPO deducting charges for training out of an employee's pay check. That is absurd. May I dare ask which company is this?
Unfortunately, I have. Most of them aren't really famous for their services either. I'd take a proper check into their background and confirm that you aren't getting ripped off. I've heard some of my students having to pay for the same in Kerala. I recall one mentioning that its to ensure that they don't suffer a huge loss if the candidate were to go for greener pastures suddenly. Although I've seen a couple of companies issue contracts guaranteeing that the person doesn't leave the company for one or two years hence protecting their investment. I always tell anyone in my class to make sure that you always check the background of a company before you join it. I'll recommend you to do the same :).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Out here in Mumbai, the scenario is completely different. They run a background check but are pretty lenient with it. Even domestic contact centres pay their employees for the training sessions. I understand that most of the freshers either go absconding or resign in an early stage. This is a loss that all BPO companies eventually have to bear. Unless the company is financially not very healthy, I don't see a reason why the employee has to bear the training charges.

jxcess3891

Evil mind

I think it's a very gud rule. Some ppl just join a bpo for fun's sake and after 1 or 2 months of training and filling their pockets run away. This causes huge losses to the company. Just imagine if 10 ppl get paid Rs. 16,000 after 2 months of voice/product training and run away without making a single call, that's a Rs 1,60,000 loss for the company plus other administrative costs and that too in just 2 months.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^And what about the people who are in it for a long run? Why would they have to cough up the same amount of fee without being reimbursed later on?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@sam9s

Well said bro. I never joined in a company who wants me to pay for the training or deduct it from the salary. Its of the companys responsibility to train their employees and they get paid for all of this, by their client. Isn't it?

BTW Joining in a BPO for a small time gain, will often lead to undesirable path and even destroy everything. Once we get used to the culture its very tough to get rid of this. I even knew a friend of mine who joined in well-known BPO firm, only because of having arrears with his last semester in ENGG and even after he passed those papers he is unable to get out from that. He always liked the programming but now. everything in his mind about programming faded away and he told me that getting a new job as programmer is too tough ATM and he juz wants to stick with the current firm, as he don't have the confidence in himself.

I always worried about him, coz he used to be good in programming in our college days.

So take the right decision or else it will sue your career and life too.

I am not against the BPO's but just to inform that if one is interested in s/w , why the heck they would even think about joining in a BPO as a short-term goal.

And AFA fun, i never heard anything like that from my friend. What they do is wake up late in the morning , watch movies or play games in PC,eat some junk foods, get ready for work and come home at 5AM and again the cycle repeats. I see most of my friends sleeping around 12hrs daily and they spend 8hrs in the office. Totalled them left just 4hrs thats for eating and get ready to work... Thats pathetic...

jxcess3891

Evil mind
lol.....and you think these BPO care for the employee who join seriously and not for joke, if employee running away is of any concern......is there a garuntee that the company would not fire away the employee in case of no project or loss (or any reason for that matter) who took it seriously, got married and tried to build career/family living out if it...... most if these small BPOs are very predictable in either loosing out the project or even getting shut after couple of years of operation..........obviously why would any employee wanna stick.

Plus dont think that company incurs losses while giving any training, they are running a business dude, training cost is always bore by the client and the client payes for it, even the salary, If the company is charging for training its most probably going direct into their pocket. Thats the whole purpose of BPO business anyway (both for us and offshore client) and main reason why we have so many small BPO all over Delhi NCR

Hey dude, what I said is fact. I've wrked in a bpo and I have seen a lot of such cases. some ppl just join for fun's sake, enjoy the training which is mostly during daytime, go for parties, dates, pubs, etc. and once the training is over they escape without doing a single day's job.

As far as the training fee goes, I thought that was just a temporary cut which would be reimbursed later. But I don't think any bpo has a right to deduct training expenditure from an employee's salary. It's against labour laws. This guy shud check this again with the bpo. Also what u said was right, that the cost of training is borne by the clients and not by the bpo. I was wrong. This happened to me. I had gone for an interview at eserve, got selected, took the appointment letter but didn't go to work the following day. I got a lot of calls from eserve to come join them but I kept giving excuses as I had also got a job at eds as a technical support executive for solaris systems. I decided to keep my options open and hold on to the eds job just long enuf to see if it was gud. So I told eserve I wud join them a week later but eventually stuck with eds. After eight months or so I received a letter from eserve for a final settlement amt. of Rs. 13,000/- as it showed on records that I had attended 10 days of training! So all I had to do was call up eserve give them my account number and have the money transferred to it. So here it is, I made a cool 13,000 bucks without doin a day's work. Talk about luck. And believe me, I'm not making this up.

appserver

Third Eye
I would suggest the thread author to quit BPO jobs and join in a regular MCA in a recogonized University. I am not spoiling your morality. Working in shifts / studying at distance wont fetch you anything. It is very hard to manage your job and studies parallely. You would be master of none. If you are going to work at BPO you would be working day and night, apparently you would spoil your health, career.
You are so young, please concentrate on your higher studies. So saying I am not aware about your financial status, but if your parents are capable of spending for some more years you would be rewarded in a much better way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom