Anybody joined BPO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Friends! My name is Vivek and i am pursuing my BCA 4th sem through Distance Learning. I am planning to join BPO in delhi. Can anybody guide me. I am confident about my communication skills. I am looking for any process Voice/Technical etc.

Why BPO don't hire B.Tech/ BE ?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Because they don't trust them!!

They know that someday 'Engineers' will leave the job and go look for a proper job according to their career. That is why 90% of the BPO companies have a policy of not recruiting Engineers.

iinfi

mekalodu
for a BPO job you probably wont need a consultancy. posting your resume on naukri and times jobs and monster should get you a good job. apply for openings (thru job sites) in some good companies like Wipro BPO, Daksh
good luck ...
on weekends study stuff like linux administration or java or .net programming. Jus in case you get bored with voice processes you will have something to fall back on... all the best.

jxcess3891

Evil mind
Working in a bpo is more fun than doing mundane boring jobs like working as an engineer, doctor or a lawyer. Just imagine spending 8 to 12 hours of your life daily in a place like a chemical plant or a hospital or a judicial court. Whereas working in a bpo is fun. The environment is very fun filled and glamorous, just like in the movies. There are good looking girls, parties, picnics, booze, etc.

OP
V

vivek_master146

Broken In
@^^^^

Thanks for reply. Today i had gone for an interview for Barclays BPO. The HR asked a question that "what was going on my mind before the interview". I took some time answering this questions and the questions were bit difficult though i handled the other question effectively. I didn't cleared the first round. This for the 2nd time i was rejected in BPO.

Though I am very confident on my communication skills. I strongly believe that i posses the required skill and talent to work in International BPO but somehow the things aren't going my way.

Can anybody suggest me some good BPO company where there are daily walk-in ? The company should be hiring UG'S and fresher.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
well u can go in HCL tech in noida sector 58 . they do walk in interviews and trust me u will get selected there ....

OP
V

vivek_master146

Broken In
@^^^^^

Thanks but i already gave the interview in HCL through a consultancy. The reason i was not hired was that i am pursuing BCA and have exam every 6 months. They were looking either for normal grads.(non-technical) or 10+2. [:(]

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@^^^^^

Thanks but i already gave the interview in HCL through a consultancy. The reason i was not hired was that i am pursuing BCA and have exam every 6 months. They were looking either for normal grads.(non-technical) or 10+2. [:(]
This is a grilling time for joining international BPO(s). Due to the recession period, they are filtering the candidates like hell. Even if you clear the HR & Voice and Accent round, the Operations round will surely give you the boot if you're not upto the mark.

The main thing they now look out for in a candidate is not just experience factor, but also the amount of loyalty you might show for the company. There have been enough absconding cases registered every now & then. In this critical period, no one would like to hire an employee would decides to bail on them within a 2-3 months. If you're pursuing a course/degree/diploma they probably wouldn't entertain you much. It's because they know you would leave the company once you're degree is completed.

It's upto you to convince them that you're looking for a long time commitment with them. So think of something which would make them believe that you will be sticking with them for a long period. If you posses a technical interest then joining some tech support providing BPO's. I'm not sure about any BPO's in Delhi but in Mumbai we have IBM Daksh, Sutherland, Streams, EDS & 3 Global services, which have technical voice processes to offer.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
dude a "SERIOUS" advice............. up to you how you take it....... Dont start a job just after grad......trust me... complete your studies properly go for masters prefer MCA and then shoot for any software company , stay away form a BPO, I am not saying stay away from outsourcing but BPO there is a difference, join a proper IT company like TCS or HCL and not a BPO like convergys or IBM Daksh and in a proper field like networking or windoes admin (even if its outsourcerd) but first COMPLETE your studies.........I am giving you this advice for a long term career, lot of boys are taking a short cut these days coz of easy availabily of jobs in BPOs but they mostly ruin your long term career.......think about it, complete your studies first....you will not regret ....

OP
V

vivek_master146

Broken In
@sam9s

You are very much right. But dude! i am joining BPO only because i want to pursue MCA. MCA is my educational goal. I want to earn some money as you know the entrance preparation of MCA from SANMACS would cost Rs 50000 and then MCA admission fees is also high.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Understood but again listen carefully...... very difficult to get out of this job circle once you get the hang of earning, and I MEAN it when I say it, even if you have full confidence once you are in a company and start earning, as a bachlore you feel the king of the world and then you get sucked in to it, by the time you realise either you have wasted too much time or loose the interest in further studying.......

Again my advice stay away from co operate world specially BPO as a grad. I dont know if I should say this but take me as your elder bro and dont feel offended.......if you parents cant affrord (it happenes and nothing wrong about it) go for education loan or something like that but again aviode jumping in to this cooperate world untill you are fully educated and mature.......
Rest is up to you.......

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Working in a bpo is more fun than doing mundane boring jobs like working as an engineer, doctor or a lawyer. Just imagine spending 8 to 12 hours of your life daily in a place like a chemical plant or a hospital or a judicial court. Whereas working in a bpo is fun. The environment is very fun filled and glamorous, just like in the movies. There are good looking girls, parties, picnics, booze, etc.

Thank god most of the youngsters dont think like you.Imagine yourself going to a BPO for a urine test?:rolleyes: What a scene that will be you are standing in a queue in a glamorous and fun filled environment beautiful girls roaming around you and then comes your turn to meet a doctor with his rockstar like hair,ipod and cool dude kind of attitude.And you are there for a urine test.*img100.imageshack.us/img100/7904/rotflw.gif

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

You have a very pathetic outlook on career..Your family put pressure on you to become a better person rather than a bum. Think its not working

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^ Understood but again listen carefully...... very difficult to get out of this job circle once you get the hang of earning, and I MEAN it when I say it, even if you have full confidence once you are in a company and start earning, as a bachlore you feel the king of the world and then you get sucked in to it, by the time you realise either you have wasted too much time or loose the interest in further studying.......
So true...

I joined this S/W farm thinking would pursue MBA after 2yrs, now its my 3yrs running and I'm too lazy to start over.

Phir se wo sab maths, verbal-non verbal etc. padhna hai...ufff

MBA for my child*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/5.png

help -_-

Right off the assembly line
what about me i completed my diploma last year i have ccna and mcp certificate
i now thinking about doing part time btech (which will be 6pm to 9pm)
i can get some job in bpo or as a system/network admin after getting some experience im thinking of doing ccnp or rhce
im 21 now and im especially interested in building a career as a network admin cause it seems to an easy job unlike software
is this a good plan?
please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom