Any Zune Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well for the storage part... the reason is totally absurd... i have a 30gb storage and i cannot keep a simple file in it... this is crap i mean i was abt to book the first zune in US when it arrieved at a store in Texas but this was the only reason y i didn;t

OP
H

hmvrulz

Broken In
tarey_g said:
This is the stupidest thing, i have seen this type of foolishness with many products. Sometimes i wonder what were these big corps thinking , this is the very obvious feature in a mp3 player which user expects to be default.

viewing the photos as in a slide show not the regular file to file browsing..... still its so lame....

:eek:

mayurgai

Right off the assembly line
hmvrulz said:
Microsoft Zune Harware v.2.0 ( bought one )

It cost me 239$ + Tax = 280$ roughly

Advantages over Ipod

1) Wide screen which can be used as landscape mode for playing Videos

Althought the screen is wide, the resoultion stands the same as the ipod 320x240

2) Radio with unlimited preset

not a big deal..with 30 gigs u can store as many songs as u want widout worrying abt frequent repeats.. radio these days is plagued wid ads and crappy music dat u dont choose

3) Looks HOt escapically the Black one

iPOD has received multiple player of the year awards and looks have been rated as being the best in the market..not to mention the big bulky zune..bottomline : this comment is totally biased

4) Sound output is better than ipod video 30gb ( my friend having one himself compared n gave his call)

Countless reviews and comparisons exists on the internet ..no concrete proof to justify this fact..sound quality heavily depends on the headphones used..your frnd doesnt happen to be an audio scientist does he ?

5) Battery backup is awesome.

ipod rated battery time : 14h audio = same as zune
ipod rated battery time : 3h video = same as zune
ipod 80 GB has much better battery life dan the zune

6) installing zune on pc is not a problem at all as quoted on the net

Maybe not for u ..but it remains a pain in the a## for lots of other users

7) Theme-able interface... can choose wallpapers etc...

Its an MP3 player for pete's sake !

8)supports majority of the file types.. conversion is faster than in ipod

Really ?
video formats : ipod : H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

zune : wmv .. ?
conversion is faster than in ipod : depends totally on hardware ,son

Disadvatages

1) Size and weight ( doesnt really matter unless your a sportsmen )

Maybe not here but round the world, these r considered as gym /jogging companions ! Zune is bulky !

2) Round dial is not a jog dial but buttons.( Microsoft tuned out to be copy cats )

Ur only real true statement in this thread !

3) its 27.7 gb not 30 gb.

Hmm..not very good at binary are you ?

4) while Seeing photos the song play back is not possible.

Not to mention lack of a service such as itunes , inability to use as hard disk widout patch , patch reqd for transferring mp3s over wifi and using for more dan 3 days, no support for Audible audiobooks, nor providing any support for podcasting, nor has MS announced any support for notes, tasks, calendars, contacts, or games
WiFi is a battery hogger and a totally useless feature IMHO
Not available in capacity > 30 GB

Over ALL I recomend MS ZUNE over an IPOD....

Hollow , biased recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom