Any Zune Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmvrulz

Broken In
Microsoft Zune Harware v.2.0 ( bought one )

It cost me 239$ + Tax = 280$ roughly

Advantages over Ipod

1) Wide screen which can be used as landscape mode for playing Videos
2) Radio with unlimited preset
3) Looks HOt escapically the Black one
4) Sound output is better than ipod video 30gb ( my friend having one himself compared n gave his call)
5) Battery backup is awesome.
6) installing zune on pc is not a problem at all as quoted on the net
7) Theme-able interface... can choose wallpapers etc...
8) supports majority of the file types.. conversion is faster than in ipod

Disadvatages

1) Size and weight ( doesnt really matter unless your a sportsmen )
2) Round dial is not a jog dial but buttons.( Microsoft tuned out to be copy cats )
3) its 27.7 gb not 30 gb.
4) while Seeing photos the song play back is not possible.

Over ALL I recomend MS ZUNE over an IPOD....
Thought indivisual choices are different..
as per now its not for sale in India.......

Last edited:

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@hmvrulz.....congrats boss! plz plz post the reviews soon. looking forward to it.
also post the price, and availability in india.
Thnx in advance

OP
H

hmvrulz

Broken In
Sourabh said:
More importantly, how did you procure it and what was the financial damage.

its cheaper than wht an ipod would cost buddy...and if they cut prices also i wont regret buying ZUne

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@hmvrulz.....can u b more specific about the battery backup time? please post times for only video playback and only audio playback? and what about the wi-fi feature? is it cool? also does it have drag and drop functionality? how does the Zune software categorise songs?

OP
H

hmvrulz

Broken In
busyanuj said:
both are 27 gb only (27.81 gb approx). 30 gigs is in the million units.

see in layman terms they should provide 30gig....ne way it doesnt make difference......i have still 15gb free after filling all my songs and videos which i listen to....

i have started filling it with movies now...
@hmvrulz.....can u b more specific about the battery backup time? please post times for only video playback and only audio playback? and what about the wi-fi feature? is it cool? also does it have drag and drop functionality? how does the Zune software categorise songs?

i think i can get around 5 hrs of nonstop play.... not sure....
they have clearly idicated not to use their ear phones with full blast for a long strech since it can get u dumb.... so i am using my creative speakers....

so the power drained is also more using these to their ear bud....

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I hope they kill the 3X3 restriction on Non DRM music and bring 80 GB model then I will buy it in a flash. As of now the only thing stopping me is th 30 GB and 3X3 DRM factor and frankly I want to put movies on it so I need space.

BTW is it officially available in Delhi?
If yes how much do I have to part with?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hmvrulz said:
4) while Seeing photos the song play back is not possible.

This is the stupidest thing, i have seen this type of foolishness with many products. Sometimes i wonder what were these big corps thinking , this is the very obvious feature in a mp3 player which user expects to be default.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Zune has some more disadvantages...

1.. it cannot be used as a storage device...
2.. no multitasking like pics and audio at same time...
3.. with Zune it is impossible to work on the Internet through Wi-Fi. And also impossoble to buy video from Internet-shop (Zune Marketplace) directly from a player, wireless doesn't work with computer.
4.. with Zune WiFi u can only interact with PCs with Zune Software and Zune mp3 players.. no other WIFI devices...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ajayashish said:
1.. it cannot be used as a storage device...
no official reason given but i thinkthis is a move inorder to make sure other firmwares for the zune dont come out
ajayashish said:
2.. no multitasking like pics and audio at same time...
thts sad and bad
ajayashish said:
3.. with Zune it is impossible to work on the Internet through Wi-Fi. And also impossoble to buy video from Internet-shop (Zune Marketplace) directly from a player, wireless doesn't work with computer.
no 1 ever claimed it can do tht besides this was a technology put in the zune to share data and currently thrs no PMP tht can do wat u r wanting .... im hoping tht 2nd gen zunes wud hv this feature
ajayashish said:
4.. with Zune WiFi u can only interact with PCs with Zune Software and Zune mp3 players.. no other WIFI devices...
same as abv

K

krazyfrog

Zune review: *reviews.cnet.com/Zune_30GB_black/4505-6490_7-32068976.html?tag=pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom