Any way out to transfer KIS Activation Key?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hi, I've KIS 2012 3 Users, which I'm using with my other 2 relatives.

Now I'm getting a new PC, so I want to know is there any way to transfer the License from my old PC to new PC without affecting other users??

I've googled it a lot but all the answers are for old versions, when Kaspersky used to provide .key file, which is not a problem.

But now, Kaspersky provides only Activation Key, which gets verified and activated online.

So I'd like to know, if a .key file can be generated from the License or some other way out.

Krow

Crowman
Will you be discarding your current HDD? If yes, then you should probably contact Kaspersky support about this. You have a legit copy so make full use of their support services. :)

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
No I won't be discarding the current HDD, in that case will it work??

Ok thanks, created a ticket on Kaspersky Lab Technical Support :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
what does HDD has to do with this. ? I have not used Kaspersky but I am using trend Micro titanium maximum Security (Internet Security). Using it from years.

In that when you activate it on first Pc it gives you option to make a account or sign in. So after 3 Activation. when you try to activate it on 4th Pc (after re-installation of OS). It says to login in your account and select which Pc to deactivate and it's al done.. Account is password protected so no worry.

It must be similar in Kaspersky.

revolt

Banned
Hi, I've KIS 2012 3 Users, which I'm using with my other 2 relatives.

Now I'm getting a new PC, so I want to know is there any way to transfer the License from my old PC to new PC without affecting other users??

I've googled it a lot but all the answers are for old versions, when Kaspersky used to provide .key file, which is not a problem.

But now, Kaspersky provides only Activation Key, which gets verified and activated online.

So I'd like to know, if a .key file can be generated from the License or some other way out.

I think you should ask this question to kis directly.They will be able to reply more accurately.Here i dont think you will find much kis user.I sue :D the crappy norton.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Erm... if you use the same HDD with same OS in the new rig, why would you worry about activation?

yup can be done but i'll anyday opt for a fresh windows installation + Avast/Avira. this does mean loosing the KIS installation but a bit less headache.

its krishnandu's call now.

Top Bottom