Any queries related to Symantec can go here !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys,

I work for Symantec and I would like to Support our digit guys too..So any queries related to Symantec Products like NIS, NAV or N360 can go here..

Giv me some time and wil mk sure ur issue gets resolved.

Let's get the Queries flow..

TIA

NOTE - If this is not the right section pls move it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
question 1:

why does norton not detect a virus that is detected by other anit-viral softwares

question 2:

why does norton av suck the life out of my pc :?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
No queries :D ...And Stop using Norton AV/IS /360! :x ..But I do like other products from Symantec such as Ghost,PC Anywhere ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
arreee Baba that was Just a joke :lol:

I would like to thank you for stading up to provide personal Support with your experties :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya bro relax ... we were joking but the questions are real ur into support i would suggest u to take up this matter with some people in the developing team and tell them that people who use the software have said such and such things please look into the matter

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
iMav said:
ya bro relax ... we were joking but the questions are real ur into support i would suggest u to take up this matter with some people in the developing team and tell them that people who use the software have said such and such things please look into the matter
I used to work for symantec tech support as well, but do you really think they (the corp) cares about people complaining, as long as they get money money money!... believe me I don't think they care,
dreams, do uwork for tech support or are u part of VR. I would have like to see what the VR tema uses to remove some of those nasty buggers. I've seen some of your posts b4 and was woundering if u worked for them or not. question does NRT work any better or do u still get 9999,17x errors a lot?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Liggy said:
question does NRT work any better or do u still get 9999,17x errors a lot?

The Latest version of the Norton Removal Tool(2007.2.07.4) uninstalls all Norton 2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products from your computer.;)

Taken From SYMANTEC Website:
Norton Removal Tool will remove these--and only these--Norton programs:

· Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005
· Norton AntiVirus 2003 through 2007.2
· Ghost 2003, Ghost Version 9.0 and 10.0
· Norton GoBack 3.1 through 4.2
· Norton Internet Security 2003 through 2007.2
· Norton Password Manager
· Norton Personal Firewall 2003 through 2006
· Norton SystemWorks 2003 through 2007
· Norton Confidential Online 2007
· Norton Internet Security Add-on Pack
· Norton Save and Restore 1.0
· Norton 360

So,Enjoy Uninstalling Norton Products :D

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Liggy said:
I used to work for symantec tech support as well, but do you really think they (the corp) cares about people complaining, as long as they get money money money!... believe me I don't think they care,
dreams, do uwork for tech support or are u part of VR. I would have like to see what the VR tema uses to remove some of those nasty buggers. I've seen some of your posts b4 and was woundering if u worked for them or not. question does NRT work any better or do u still get 9999,17x errors a lot?

Hi work for both..TS as wel as VR..VR job will be to take control of cust computers,analyze and remove the threat.

9999,17x errors do occur..the main thing why it happens is..cu are not patient and if they think the installation is takin some time or freezes in the middle..they simply quit and reinstall again..

Once the installation stops in the middle and quits..it leaves the remnants which wil cause plenty of errors..

SymNRT is gud..resolves 99.99% of errors and also a quick way to remove the huge roots of symantec products.

The next version 2008 is out on beta..juz go try it..its awesome..cool UI..wonder why all switch to vista like UI.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

When one Indian is ready to buy a Paid software in India, u should know, he is buying that AVS instade of a Pirated Version because he really has some thing to protect...

and over the years Symantec Products (though I find the Symantec CE versions are quite good) are really really failed to do so... :(

Liggy

rakeshishere thanks for the copy & paste but I did work for them I am aware of how NRT works just wanted to know if NRT solved the 9999,17x issues.
2008 beta is out, gee how much better is it? but yeah I guess that makes sense, put beta out now so you have 5-6 months to fix all the bugs. If it is like 360 thats great cuz I never ran into issues while tryng to install that or remove it (if it didn't work was cuz cust couldn't read min sys req).... I'll agree with you Choto Cheeta, the CE versions are better then the 'norton'(home user) versions, until something goes wrong, then they're a pain to get rid of.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
dreams said:
9999,17x errors do occur..the main thing why it happens is..cu are not patient and if they think the installation is takin some time or freezes in the middle..they simply quit and reinstall again..

Once the installation stops in the middle and quits..it leaves the remnants which wil cause plenty of errors..

Yup,Agreed on that!;)

SymNRT is gud..resolves 99.99% of errors and also a quick way to remove the huge roots of symantec products.

99.99% ..What about the rest...?:( The rest percentage itself still leads to further issues and complications on future installation of other security products even though Norton Products are uninstalled using SymNRT

The next version 2008 is out on beta..juz go try it..its awesome..cool UI..wonder why all switch to vista like UI.

I have been seeing and using Norton since 2001 and Yet I see no improvement at all compared to rest AV which excel in perfomance such as KAV,NOD32,McAffee etc.:)

Liggy

call the symantec #.... why r u using 05? if u have days remaining on 05 call symantec to see if they can add them to 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom