Any phone around 12K or less

neo420

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I want a phone with a feature to delete multiple msg's. I use it for the business & there is no way to stop annoying msg's, so it should be easy to delete multiple msg's for good.

Wish there was a feature like in gmail select then shift+select the end & delete :p

Ajit

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Get an LG Optimus One.

There should be plenty of apps to delete (or even block) messages to your phone.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
At this price range, there is only one de-facto choice

LG Optimus One.

Android Froyo, 600 mhz proccy(you can OC to 700 mhz)

and yes there will be plenty of apps to block and delete muptiple SMS's from Android Market place.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Can anyone please list free or cheap Android apps that can be used to block phone calls and messages from selected numbers? Anything similar to iBlacklist?

OP
N

neo420

Right off the assembly line
Thx for the reply guys... I'll look into this model. I went thru the LG apps site & not much description of the apps thr, guess we gotta try n chk.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thx for the reply guys... I'll look into this model. I went thru the LG apps site & not much description of the apps thr, guess we gotta try n chk.

Its an Android smartphone. You don't have to depend on already-present apps. Check *market.android.com for all the apps available (more than 100,000 apps)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Can anyone please list free or cheap Android apps that can be used to block phone calls and messages from selected numbers? Anything similar to iBlacklist?

Try this page-

How to Block calls and messages on Android Phone | Google Android

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@neo420, if you are a business user, i think you'll prefer a H/W keyboard. look for Galaxy 551. but if you are comfortable with a onscreen QWERTY (test it once), get Optimus One. its the best in its class.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
What is with everyone here....since when does a business user's best recommendation was an Android in the lower range.....seriously ......there are other better devices for OP's requirements....For business usage ...a full touch screen device.....not even a one with a keyboard......

Think Blackberry,Nokia and everyone else must close down and make only full touch devices like HTC,Samsung

@OP
android is still not the best bet for a business user...there are other devices not on android which are better at what android can provide(not in the apps section but regarding the core functionalities like quick messaging,email,security and not much tough on the h/w)....except the apps...which are not required a lot for a business user.....
Acc to your requirements and budget i would recommend a Nokia E71...
On the lower end one can get a qwerty Nokia C3 @5.5k but that is not buisness specific.....more for social networking....
Also Blackberry Curve 8520 @9.9k is also highly recommended

although all phones nowadays have the basic sms/communications req(including yours i.e mark unmark messages and delete) covered....many free symbian apps are available for specific functionalities

@Others
Don't you think android will be too much for the stated req and also why complicate matters right.....
One thing everyone neglected was durability and toughness of the device...O1 will shatter into pieces if used roughly.....whereas E71 has gun metal back.....also using E71 is easier as compared to an O1(android that is for a newbie)...too much unnecessary complications is what can be said for android......also android was not designed for business users i.e why it does not have any devices to give to the public....

people recommending O1 to a business user is an even bigger joke.....than android's business devices...

p>S:consider the requirements first before recommending

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
^^
Please suggest some apps to block unnecessary sms & calls.

And for buisness, he doesn't mean that he'll be using BB services or MS Office. He just wants to block unnecessary calls & messages. That's it.

You just find it amusing to contradict us & have a fight in every thread. That is why you go on posting nonsense in every thread.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
whereas E71 has gun
metal back.....also using E71 is easier
as compared to an O1(android that is
for a newbie)..
Lava A10 also has Gun metal back. How many people will you reccomend that phone.
Ok S60 maybe a little easier to use but it doesnt have 300,000 apps like O1
Use Android phone for couple of days and everything will become easy.

Is camera quality of E71 comparable to O1?
Does E71 support Augmented Reality like O1?
Can E71 be turned into Wi-Fi hotspot like O1?

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
@paul
dude don't try to start a fight with me in every thread ..help the OP instead...i am not contradicting...many a times i recommended O1 but here other phones are better.....

@techfreak

Lava A10 also has Gun metal back. How many people will you reccomend that phone.
Have you ever used Lava A10....UI is not usable as it is copied from a chinese knockoff....

Ok S60 maybe a little easier to use but it doesnt have 300,000 apps like O1
Use Android phone for couple of days and everything will become easy.

OP does not need those apps...his req is simple and specific....also app count does not define a good Buisness phone....

Is camera quality of E71 comparable to O1?

It is better and has a flash with autofocus........compare results and talk

Does E71 support Augmented Reality like O1?
Again Not needed by OP...do you even read before posting... :p

Can E71 be turned into Wi-Fi hotspot like O1?
Guys was this mentioned.....this is not a core business functionality niether mentioned by OP.....but can be done yes.....
here

p>S:i would also want to suggest the newer Nokia E5...5mp camera with LED..beats O1...sans android.....links below.....Now what say you!
Nokia E5 - Full phone specifications

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Again Not needed by OP...do you even read before posting...

Hey man.....it may catch anyones fancy to try something new rather than the oridary over and over again so AR might be used by OP. Ofcourse this OP doesnt need it but you may never know in long run...

If anyone just wanted a phone for things they wanted(eg A multimedia phone that can play music and just about take photos / vids) then there would'nt have been Android.

Nokia would have probably had 90% market share upto now and iPhone wouldnt have made it past the assembly line.

So its time to move on and reccomend new devices rather than going on and on with old stuff.

I stand by my reccomendation for Optimus One. It can do umpteen number of things that E71 can't even dream of.

Ofcourse, you might say "Business Phone-Business Phone-Business Phone" but Optimus One if great.

No more fighting please. Lets just wait and see what OP buys.

pauldmps

Banned
OP does not need those apps...his req is simple and specific....also app count does not define a good Buisness phone....

How do you know that ? You are not the OP.

The OP did not ask for a business phone. The OP mentioned that he wants it to block calls & sms when he is working (at the Business). He just asked for a phone which can block unnecessary calls & sms. And since Android has a lot of apps to do that, O1 is the best suggestion.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
The OP did not ask for a business phone. The OP mentioned that he wants it to block calls & sms when he is working (at the Business). He just asked for a phone which can block unnecessary calls & sms. And since Android has a lot of apps to do that, O1 is the best suggestion.

From this i get that the person will be using his phone when working right....he might also want do some work on his phone then...not just block sms/mails :grin:
...for that he needs a buisness device........for basic need qwerty is helpful and acc to me an O1 will not do...

yes android has many apps for blocking unwanted msg's.....but most of the devices Nokia/BB have these basic features or have a software for that.....

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ For call/sms app, google them. Some results are - advanced call manager, mCleaner etc. :)
It's symbian, once it was famous for its application availability. With android gaining a good grip on market, it doesnt mean that all support for symbian gonna vanish.

Rest is upto OP

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
get a grip is what i can say....before android was even born...i,e just 2-3yrs from now.....symbian was the best open source platform available...so don't worry about apps.....

Also curve is available for 10990/-.....it is a good phone to own.....for a buisness user...

p>S: droid fans what can i say....google has a search engine also....... :)

Top Bottom