Any open minded here?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Can someone here help me by giving his linux distribution cd to me it can be a free distro or a paid one . I can have a exchance with win distro...... or way u choose :roll:

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
samjkd said:
Hai all

i am having redhat9.0, pcqlinux2005 and mepis linux. which diatro u want

Can I have pcqlinux2005 ?

@eagle_y2j

I have got all the distros given in Digit & chip.

utsavhanda

Broken In
Hi

Hi There,

I just want to point out here that NO LINUX Distro IS PIRATED. [Xcept what distro company says)

LINUX IS FREE & OPEN.

Also which LINUX distro u want . i am currently having 15 flavours of various LINUX distros.

my nearest big city is DELHI.

Ur's
Utsav Handa ( handautsav [at] hotmail.com )
# Learning Linux

Calcatian

Journeyman
h4xbox said:
hey handa.....cant we use rh enterprise single user in two pc ??

U r 100% right h4xbox, rh enterprise shud b bought & used as per yor licensing allows... any other implementation is resoting 2 piracy :!: :!: :evil: The RHEL EULA is very similar 2 that of many shareware apps... & there is evn a try b4 u buy version :!:

What this guys r doing here shud b stopped by d mods/admins right now... 1 openly suggested he's collecting pir8ed stuff.. & the others seem 2 encourage him :!:

C'mon guys.. this is not yor warez board valhalla :!: This is Digit Mag's forum.. plz keep it clean :!:

Calcatian

Journeyman
And eagle_y2j, I've joined just 1mo ago, but based on what i've seen already, I can say almost evry1 here is "Open Minded" :!:

<may b except me :!: :wink: >

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
@ all above and especially Calcatian my beloved frnd may be u dont like the free distribution of products on the basis of p2p.... but i like to say about ur comment that forum is a place where all of the gys from a free country have a right to express there views nobody can stop pi**** and discussion over it nither urs silly comment nor d mods/admins because web is growing very fast so if u dont like our idea dont be rude like this be coollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yarrrr....and try to swicth ur mind to broad mind???????????????????????????????

utsavhanda

Broken In
Hi All

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that EVery1 has the right to Xpress his/her thinking. in no way u can stop anybody from Xpressing his/her thoughts by anyway and that too in this world where INTERNET is evrywhere.

Also RHEL is not a free distro but u got to pay for it's support that the company provide when u purchased it. Also what u pay is the amount for 24x7 support. Any body before commecnting out on any LINUX distro should make sure that he know :

LINUX IS FREE & OPEN FOR ALL, even for u too.

However what above person is doing that prompting to Xchange M$ products is Piracy which shuld not be encouraged. Also if he only wants Linux distros then he can get them without being held in piracy circle.
Any LINUX user will b happy to *distribute LINUX to anybody.

Hope this does not envoke a new controversy.

Ur's
Utsav Handa
# Learning Linux

* his personal conditions apply for distribution.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
eagle_y2j
Open mind does not means impeading upon others right. Yes whether you like it or not when you use licensed product you are bound by legal obligations. So asking openly to do illegal is in direct voilation of law.

Probably you are happy to say so because you know you will not get caught.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Calcatian said:
U r 100% right h4xbox, rh enterprise shud b bought & used as per yor licensing allows... any other implementation is resoting 2 piracy :!: :!: :evil: The RHEL EULA is very similar 2 that of many shareware apps... & there is evn a try b4 u buy version :!:
Mr. Calcatian, get your facts correct. Using/Copying/Distributing any GNU/Linux distribution is NOT Illegal.. under any court of law.

You may go real the RHEL EULA and dig out the points you are making... The Redhat EULA comes after the GNU GPL license, under which you are permitted to copy/redistribute any gpld application.

Calcatian said:
What this guys r doing here shud b stopped by d mods/admins right now... 1 openly suggested he's collecting pir8ed stuff.. & the others seem 2 encourage him :!:
Go, get some life before pointing towards mods/admins ... We look and analyse each and every thread posted in this forum..

Calcatian said:
C'mon guys.. this is not yor warez board valhalla :!: This is Digit Mag's forum.. plz keep it clean :!:
Exactly.. Please dont misuse smilies in your posts. It just makes your post look ugly...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
h4xbox said:
Ofcourse GNUrag's right..coz i see calcatian's post contains emotes like idli with chutney
Ha Ha Ha... good one dude

@calcatian
use less of smilies n emotions plz. ..... i cant read your post properly.

Calcatian

Journeyman
Hey GNUrag, 1 of these guys posted above that he is collecting pirated & legal Win & Lin CDs, that's why I commented like that. That post was del-ed by mods I think, after I reported :!:

about RHEL, well using d term EULA wasn't right. But their business policy is surely diff. on this from that of Fedora.

about smileys, u can go ahead & put me "On a warning" or evn ban me 4 good but I just love these li'l eye-candyz & its 2 late 4 me 2 refrain from this (bad) habit :!:

:wink:

cnukutti

Broken In
GNUrag said:
You may go real the RHEL EULA and dig out the points you are making... The Redhat EULA comes after the GNU GPL license, under which you are permitted to copy/redistribute any gpld application.
So does this mean, I can make any number of copies of RHEL and give it to anybody i like??

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
cnukutti said:
So does this mean, I can make any number of copies of RHEL and give it to anybody i like??

Follow this thread. Complete debate on RHEL EULA.
*mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20050328/019033.html
Keep clicking next message from the message viiew.

Particularly this one.
*mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20050404/019136.html
It is illegal if and only if the copy contains software with EULAs and
/ or, incase of RH any of the RH trademarks and logos.
It is not illegal to redistribute gpld software. Irrespective of ANY
contract you may have signed. If the contract restricts your rights as
assigned to you by the GPL, the right of the first party to distribute
is automatically revoked.

First comes GPL. under which all of the RHEL CDs are licenced. Then comes RHEL's EULA, under which Redhat's Anaconda installer, Logos, Manuals, Online Support service, Telephonic Support are licenced to the user.

The GPL is explicit and absolutely clear. The recepient of gpld
software is entitled to his rights as guaranteed by the gpl.
The distributor of gpld software has his licence to distribute
revoked automatically if he abrogates any of these rights. There
is no doubt about this at all. No contract can change this
because if the first party offers you a contract violating the
gpl (as in preventing you from distributing, modifying, creating
derivatives of your copy of the software packages) he
automatically has his licence to distribute revoked, and therfore
he not you is doing something illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom