Any method to install updates in a new hard disk without connecting to internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I am going to change my hard disk from 80GB to 200GB....At present I have updated my sytem for Adobe standard, windows XP.....

Is there any method by which I can skip updating... I mean I want to copy the contents....I don't know it works or not...Also I had games installed and there are saved games also....I want to have the same system but with higher hard disk...Please help me...

Thanks in advance..

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Just use Norton Ghost (if U don't have I can give U its free version) to create backup.

Run Norton Ghost & create image of every partition for which U want backup. Restore the image on new hard disk & U will get everything just as it was on old hard disk.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yup.... use Norton Ghost 7... i think right now its a free tool...

Download it... boot with 98SE or or any DOS based boot Disk... run the Ghost program... make a complete image of the OS pertition...

now create same size pertion (OS drive only with same drive letter) in 200GB... Boot from the boot disk run the ghost tool to restore the backed up image :p

u r done ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
saurav_cheeta said:
yup.... use Norton Ghost 7... i think right now its a free tool...

Download it... boot with 98SE or or any DOS based boot Disk... run the Ghost program... make a complete image of the OS pertition...

now create same size pertion (OS drive only with same drive letter) in 200GB... Boot from the boot disk run the ghost tool to restore the backed up image :p

u r done ...

Pl tell why the new partition should be same sized. What if bigger?

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Janitha, Acronis True Image is a shareware, it is not a freeware.
Once you install the software , you can use it for 15 days. It's fully functional.
Download it from here
Acronis True Image 9.0 Home file size is 75.1 MB!!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Yeah! Acronis True Image is the BEST software for creating images of drives :)
As JGuru said, its fully functional in the 15 days trial period...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom