Any guesses on the name & specs of the ASUS phone. launching this August?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
To summarize the ability to take self picture without asking others help or selfie while being a good added feature shouldn't be the main selling point of any device......

then that means there should be one device and no one optimized for any thing

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
bit off topic but I recently had a proper hands on with a Zenfone 2 and 5
One of my friends bought a Zenfone 2 in a haste because she lost her old phone
I had the chance to compare it with my other friends Zenfone 5

While I felt the 2 's camera is overhyped and not upto the mark, its level of detail was certainly better than the 5 but seriously underperforms in terms of challenging conditions such as low light where I find the Lumia 720/730's cameras are unmatched despite the slightly grainy pics at times

I was shocked to see the 2's "selfie" camera though.
not only was it not wide enough but it also failed in front of even my iPad 2's front camera which was honestly a very poor camera even for its time
the 5 has decent shooters on both sides

I dont think this trend along with "snapchat" etc are gonna last very long
these things come and go faster than a Mumbai Local :lol:
Just look at BBM and BB in general
they just became unpopular so fast,its surprising
despite their awesome phones even today,no one seems to be willing to even look at one sadly even though they had alot of features which android and ios lacked until their more recent updates

same way,I feel snapchat and the "selfie" trend are on their way out soon enough
nothing lasts very long in the tech world

KayKashyap

Journeyman
Needless to say, the Zenfone Selfie is aimed at everyone looking for a good front camera. It comes with a 13-megapixel front and rear cameras, and the back has a Laser autofocus as well. Zenfone Selfie also features ZenMotion gestures, real time beautification modes and dual color tone LED on front and back cameras. The macro mode will let you shoot from 6cm with Super resolution mode.

On the specs front, one can expect a larger 5.5inch Full HD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC coupled with 3GB RAM. The company may launch 2G RAM version too. A 3000 mAh battery completes the package for the dual SIM, 4G LTE supporting device. The Zenfone Selfie will hit stores for a price starting at Rs 15,999.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I agree that selfy cant be the alone selling point of a mobile...nor the gaming nor the back cam nor the screen...all features are unique and required for specific people.
I liked what Sony is going to release in its Sony C5 ultra and specially Sony xperia M5 ...I will wait for that.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Selfie is nowadays become a party toy. You can people taking self portraits everywhere all the time. College students mostly waste their time specially girls in taking 20-30 even 50 selfies daily. I know a lot of colleges who asked me they need a phone with biggest megapixel front facing lens. They are even ready to get Gionee phones over Nexus because of 8 MP front lens on papers. :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If one wants a Truly best front cam, they should buy one of those phones, where there is only once camera but which can be rotated.
No need of two cams. Just have one cam and make it rotatable. It might be a patented idea though.

Dr. House

No Regrets
If one wants a Truly best front cam, they should buy one of those phones, where there is only once camera but which can be rotated.
No need of two cams. Just have one cam and make it rotatable. It might be a patented idea though.

Oppo launched a phone recently with revolving camera. Other companies should do the same for this market.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
So you think these people with front flash and whatnot are wasting their time?

nobody wants a flash in front of their face, just for taking selfie or something. adjust the led as the suitable light source, so that one can view their own face in the dusk, is way better option. :p

Last edited:

KayKashyap

Journeyman
Front flash is really not a good idea, especially with current trend of clicking selfies everywhere, AFAIK,it is harmful for infants & sensitive eyes. :razz:

OP
N

NirmalKartha92916

Digit Brand Team
Might be off-topic but what do you guys think about the 'relevance' of point-and-shoot cameras now? If we consider how commonplace smartphones with decent cameras in the equivalent price brackets of good point-and-shoot cameras have become, does it still make sense for the point-and-shoot camera to exist?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yes. just look at instagram.
battery operated 5mp cams, pocketable, really fun to use, does not drain your mobile, HAS ZOOOM, you can hold it in dangerous positions without worrying for your life...

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Re: Any guesses on the name & specs of the ASUS phone. launching this August?

point-and-shoot cameras has lost relevance for many. that reminds me about an old incident when a colleague asked me about the camera on my phone (Nokia N73-ME bought a week before) in December 2006. when i told her its a 3MP camera, she was shocked and said to a male and a female colleague - his cell phone is same as our cameras (1 Nikon & 2 cannons).
we have similar situation since long. megapixel count goes on. people jump at it without realizing / understanding / knowing whether it is good for them or not. hardcore photographers / enthusiasts still use them and many use dslrs.

- - - Updated - - -

regarding selfies and selfie cameras, that is just a new gimmick though i strongly doubt it will die down soon given the narcissistic tendency of the people world over. :D
i almost bought zenphone 2 when it came out but decided against it when saw poor camera performance review.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Might be off-topic but what do you guys think about the 'relevance' of point-and-shoot cameras now? If we consider how commonplace smartphones with decent cameras in the equivalent price brackets of good point-and-shoot cameras have become, does it still make sense for the point-and-shoot camera to exist?
10k PnS takes better pics than a 30k+ "selfie" phone or even a 60k+ iphone.

Reason: Optical zoom and better sensor, not to mention no useless gimmicks.

Top Bottom