any brand matching the performance of IBM laptops!!!!

amitkumarlath

Right off the assembly line
having a ibm r51 laptop since 8 yrs and still in good condition. Bought dell lattitude PP17L and lenevo y300 series in between this period which lasted for 3 yrs max. These laptops dell and lenevo inspite of having 1 GB ram and 120 GB hard disk got hanged many times and got crashed in 3 yrs whereas the IBM R51 with 256 DDR1 Ram and 30 GB hard disk is still working fine.
Is there any quality difference in the hard disk, ram, motherboard and processor provided by IBM to that of Lenevo and Dell?? If yes then which brand and model to take which matches the performance of IBM laptops and gives hard disk, rams, processors and mother board of good quality?
Just want my new laptop should not hang and should not have hard disk crash risks associated with it. Looking for a new laptop should be robust and have performance like my ibm laptop and should have life of around 8-10 yrs. Since ibm is taken by Lenevo dont know which brand and which model to take?
Waiting for your suggestions and advice..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
let me guess, your R51 costed you almost double of the amount the other laptops's price. thing is simple, price comes down and so does quality. you can't ask for a laptop that is 100% faultproof. Most of modern laptops require servicing in the first year only. and 8-10yrs with a modern laptop is simply impossible even at the least. don't expect laptop to work correctly for more than 4-5yrs. use the laptop for 4yrs and then look for a new one as upgrade will only help in increasing memory.

bornik

Right off the assembly line
You can try Thinkpad line from Lenovo. They are quite similar to older IBM notebooks. Especially I love there input devices.

Top Bottom