Any better phone than se arc s in 23k?

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
im trying to find a phone(Android) for my friend,his budget is 23 k.
he needs a dual core processor,
a primary cam >5mp(secondary cam not important:wink:)
good display(4'').
and good sound quality (Headset)

any suggessions other than SE arc s??
thnx:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sarath

iDota
Wait for the Xperia S then.

Only Nokia and Sony make good Camera phones. In fact Nokia makes really good ones. Sony and Apple are a tad okay. The rest, well, they only get worse.

I was under the impression that the Apple IP4 with its big sensor was the best of the lot but that is not the case. Sony however has colours that are too bright. Everthing looks a little more colourful than it actually is. Nokia clicks the most accurate and best quality as far as mobile cameras are concerned.

SE Arc S does not have a dual core camera hence no 1080p video shooting. It's a good phone otherwise, but single cores are seriously outdated.

Take a look at a discounted SGS2 - the most powerful android phone right now.

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Go For LG Optimus 2X . You will get it around 22K .. good phone..
OR you can go for Samsung Galaxy S Plus... again for 22K at flipkart..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if someone doesn't care about updates & specs much, Optimus 2X with Nova display and 8Mp cam.

but if you want an average mobile with all round specs, wait for S Advance. no use getting an overpriced Galaxy R.

aroraanant

Explorer
Just a suggestion:
I m having a Incredible S and my friend owns a Arc.
And me and my friend both have compared the phone and their performance and everything(Screen etc) and found that Incredible S is better than Arc and even my friend who owns Arc agrees on that,he just bought a Arc as he is a big fan of SE.
And Arc S is just having a better processor than Arc and rest of the things are exactly same.
I just wanted you to know this thing before you buy it, thats it.
Apart from that it is not the right time to buy Galaxy R as the prices have increased and its not worth for that much and you have already said that you want a better camera than the Galaxy R's 5mp camera.
So suggest I you to wait for some time if you can and then buy a phone for your friend.

Vensanga

Journeyman
Congrats for the arc s...yea everyone has their own style and desire for a particular brand or design....am also looking out at Galaxy R but everyone said its out of stock and continues with its not manufactured anymore....and Galaxy S Advanced is coming in the next 1 or 2 months...it may be worth waiting for too...

OP
sanoob.tv

sanoob.tv

Dr.gB
ya,i hv seen sony xperia s in net,but wont it cost more than 25k??coz its spec are high

right now im caught in between htc sensation and arc s,
htc sensation cost 3.3k more.
arc have an awesome display,but no front cam.
htc have dual core 1.2ghz,front cam,1080p,but display lack clarity

both the phones promises ics update.now wht i need to find out that,which of these phones arc s(1ghz,512 mb) or htc sensation(1.2ghz dual core,786 mb)will perform best.please help me out
thnx in advance....
he just upgraded his budget to 25k.,so any other suggessions??

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Sensation has a better display then Arc S.
But I have read that its battery back up is not good(but I m not sure about it).
BTW you are getting Sensation for how much?
And recently a member here on TDF has bought a Arc S for 21k.

rhlravi

Broken In
Go for the 2x because:
*Great 4.0" IPS display
*Good 8 MP camera
*ICS upgrade coming officially
*Excellent developer community support (ICS already available, im running it :) ) compared to Galaxy R which has very poor community support
*Decent battery life
*Gorilla Glass display
*Excellent performance
*8GB internal memory
*Sturdy build quality

Cons (because you need to know them too):
*Near the end of its life (But so are the Galaxy R, due to Galaxy S advance and Arc S, due to Xperia S coming soon)
*512MB RAM (on paper, it may seem less, but on any custom ROM, i havent felt the lack of RAM)

Mainak23

Journeyman
i already had a look at the spec of Xperia S ..i think it will be cost more than 30k ...Go for arc s ..or just up Ur budget a bit and go for HTC sensation..

Top Bottom