Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Buddy!
There r so many topics for discussing about the BEST antivirus.
Go thru the topics and u'll know the answer!
It totally depends upon ur needs and finally its ur decision which antivirus u should go for...
So pls serch and go thru those topics :wink:

PS: U can try AVG or Kaspersky antivirus, both r good. :D

sakumar79

Technomancer
Free AV with low resource - AVG
Free AV with medium resource usage - Avast

Paid AV with medium resource usage - PC-Cillin
Paid AV with medium/high resource usage - Norton
Paid AV with higher resource usage - Kaspersky...

Typically, most of the antiviruses will do the job pretty well in keeping virus out... However, each will do better than the others in a few aspects... Find one that you are most comfortable with. The most important thing of course is to keep your virus definitions up to date and keep the Resident Scanner on.

Arun

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
I use kaspersky since its high on resources and hence cannot be infected by virus itself as in case of some av's wch get infected themselves....

ferrarif50

Journeyman
__Virus__ said:
I use kaspersky since its high on resources and hence cannot be infected by virus itself as in case of some av's wch get infected themselves....

I did not know, that an av cannot be infected by the virus, if its high on system resources??? :lol:

theraven

Technomancer
lol
yeah what the cr@p kinda comment was that ?
whats the relation between high resources and virus proofing ?
aptly named arent u ??

mohit

The Hardware Labs
__Virus__ said:

why dont u use norton than ? its a total bloat and will use the max resources .. kav uses much lesser resources than nav anyday .. and ur comment is total nonsense which will just misguide new people. refrain from postin such stupid stuff when u dont even know what u r talking bout.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
alla alla cool dood.....

1) u said..y dont u use norton , its a totol bloat and use the max resources

2) kav uses much lesser resourves thn nav anyday

kav nvr uses lower resources..its highest on resources....if u need i wil provide u with screen shots of both processes....in task manager one by one

i said

1) i use kaspersky bcos its high on resources...wch is totally true

2) it cannt b infected or its process cann b modified by virus ( u cant even stop it manully from services.msc)

now wht did i say wrong?

ur answer for y dont u use norton rather then kav

wel agreed that norton uses so called high resources thn kav...norton can b very easily stopped from services.msc and hence can the norton executable can b easily modified by viruses...wch is its two steps above impossible to stop kav service.....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@virus
do u think that kav canot be stopped or its process be modified jst coz of its high system memory usage ??? how can that be possible ??? and which version of nav are u talking bout ? i am referring to nav 2005 and kav personal here.

theraven

Technomancer
virus dude
plz
u are talkin baseless and utter rot
there is not a shred of truth in ANY of ur statements
so plz dun talk unless u know what ur talkin abt

a software ( ANY software) is undesirable if it uses high system resources
FYI norton uses mor resources than KAV
also a software isnt VIRUS proof just cuz it uses high resources
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard ..
and there are very few widespread virii that actually affect ur antivirus anyways .. and chances of gettin them are pretyt low for an average user unless someone actually sends it to u !
no plz stop the madness or im gonna have to take some action

FYI again kav process is listed in task manager and can be shutdown easily as well

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Not only here..elsewhere too, Virus appears with his inexperienced jabbers.

Dude...u have not answered yet...the argument is not abt NAV or KAV....u have said that, since KAV is high on system resources , it cannot be infected. which means u say that an anti-virus do not get infected, if its high on sys resources.

UTTER NONSENSE.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
mohit said:
@virus
do u think that kav canot be stopped or its process be modified jst coz of its high system memory usage ??? how can that be possible ??? and which version of nav are u talking bout ? i am referring to nav 2005 and kav personal here.

right regarding norton it is I am referring to norton 2003 ... and kaspersky personal...

someone asked me cant kav service be stopped?? doods y dont u ppl just try once b4 posting in here?? i mean its as simple as that start run services.msc right click the kaspersky service and u will c that the "stop" options is not even highlighted so where is the chance that you can stop the service..dont say it is in taskmanager..i know it is but try to end the one which is on high resource.kavp something i dont remeber..that said....

i should have framed my sentence in this way...since kaspersky is high on resources its a memory resident program and hence cannot be ended from task manager or services...as an example.. a worm spread and modifies most of the exes including the processes running (the ones which cud be killed from task manager)..since its IMPOSSIBLE to stop kav ( personal ) service from anywhere...the exe cant b modified hence its safe...where as in case of norton (the only other av i used to use) it can easily b killed task manager hence high chances of the exe itself being modified....

( I agree I was wrong and stupid to mean that if a task is high on resources it cant b ended...i apologize on that part wht i meant to say is i wrote above )

@ferrarif50

plz read above... + as u said "Not only here..elsewhere too" dont refer to M$ bro cos my questions are still unanswered, rather iam presented with questions...

@raven

plz read above....

@mohit

i used norton 2003 and use kav personal

@all

should b clear by now

legolas

Padawan
@mohnishghodekar,

i strongly recommend u "bitdefender professional version 9"... its really good at detecting and removing them! and as an alternative, if u hav a broadband connection, i wud recommend u to online check, (symantec, pc-cillin, bitdefender all hav free online virus check), its much better... infact, i hav no antivirus softwares installed, i check online once in a month with either bitdefender pc-cillin or symantec. hope these help to ur problems being resolved.

@virus,

i am sorry to continue on this conversation, which proves to be off-topic, but again, i dont agree with this statement as well "since kaspersky is high on resources its a memory resident program and hence cannot be ended from task manager or services

y is that high on resources cudnt be terminated from taskmanager? hav u used torrents? start azureus and it uses 105 MB with java!! and u cud terminate using task manager! may be kav cudnt be terminated from taskmanager for some other reasons... but ur reason is absurd i think. unless or otherwise, its marked "system" and its really essential process for windows to run, i think any service can be stopped, only thing is that we r ignorant on how to on selected programs which hav some sort of protection like kav, may be....

try stopping explorer.exe first and then disabling KAV.

btw, what error does it say when u try to disable "KAV"???

/legolas

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
@legolas

i clarified on this part

if kav is high on resources it cant b ended....nah i dint mean that so i mentioned tht in earlier post....

well i get access denied message even thogh iam an administrator...

@all

plz plz plz no assumptions like this will kill ..that will kill. this will end that will end..plz install the kav personal ( not personal pro) urself and try to end the task...and if someone is using kav on xp plz go to services.msc and right click on kav service and c the options...the only way u can stop the service is..choose it not to start at next reboot..i wudve posted the image but I am not @ ma home for now
try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom