Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Avg used to have that feature, not sure whether its still supported or not.
Avast also
1660120720744.png

quicky008

Technomancer
is it worth purchasing kaspersky antivirus when kaspersky security cloud's free version already includes an antivirus component? Does the free version work as well as the paid version (ie the dedicated kaspersky antivirus software)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
is it worth purchasing kaspersky antivirus when kaspersky security cloud's free version already includes an antivirus component? Does the free version work as well as the paid version (ie the dedicated kaspersky antivirus software)?
Depends on how kaspersky perform on your system. Free version will obviously lack some features of paid version most importantly being lack of settings to set various exception rules I am guessing.

quicky008

Technomancer
it works rather well on my pc and doesnt cause any slowdowns.How serious are the allegations that kaspersky is in collusion with the russian government and spies on its users covertly?

shreeux

Movie Buff
Used all demo-free versions...Take 1 year paid version of Kaspersky Total Security...Again Tried Bitdefender Total Security & Esset...all were annoying
Again purchased 3 year Paid version of Kaspersky Total Security.

Check Here

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it works rather well on my pc and doesnt cause any slowdowns.How serious are the allegations that kaspersky is in collusion with the russian government and spies on its users covertly?
Well that certainly is a concern but not going to be an issue at least for a typical person that too an Indian living in India.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Still have not used Hardware virtualization...If enable in BIOS....will face any issues?

*i.imgur.com/ArgamCV.png

quicky008

Technomancer
its an optional setting,i dont think it will have any issues. Still if you want you can enable hardware assisted virtualization (vtx for intel) in the bios.On mine its enabled.

Top Bottom