Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
yeah the processes only appear at startup for 1-2 mins,and after that they disappear-probably they self-terminate as they dont actually have anything to do.

However the only strange thing is that they reappear at the same locations on my pc even after being deleted,which means that some entity is restoring those exe files back to their source folders which they originally infected and that does cause some concern.
Are they pointing to the same folder path ?

I think Safe mode will help to delete those files successfully.

quicky008

Technomancer
should i format my primary drive before this thing worsens?

in the event a virus like this manages to infect my system again,what recourse should i take?To be frank,i have never encountered something like this earlier.

and it infuriates me to think that scummy company is still running their deceptive ads all over FB,and despite being reported many times FB still haven't taken it down.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

in the event a virus like this manages to infect my system again,what recourse should i take?To be frank,i have never encountered something like this earlier.

and it infuriates me to think that scummy company is still running their deceptive ads all over FB,and despite being reported many times FB still haven't taken it down.

If the malware has come this far to come back every time you delete, then it is probably better to wipe them off.

For rescuing pc, it is a good habit to maintain weekly system restore points. Actually these malwares which can not be fixed by AVs need proper diagnosis and to do that, a lot of resources is required.

As for the adverts, I have seen on YouTube there have been many fake phone adverts. One needs to take care of these...

Also try making restore points before you install something which you feel is scammy.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

On other laptop computer, create hirens boot disk or any boot disk which can run windows or linux, and you are comfortable with. And try cleaning the virus from there.

Or 2 HDDs just remove one
Install OS on another HDD
Try to detect virus

Or Try sata to usb cable on other laptop, desktop

Or last option format

Take backup from in applications settings.. (backup settings, preference, data etc)

Use the same hirens boot disk or any boot disk you are comfortable, for data backup, disk format etc.
Take backup from it. (Copy paste files, folders manually)

Mostly all important backup can be found in these paths
(Simply copy paste files, folder related to software)
(Don't copy all files and folder, look carefully what important backups you needed, chorme, firefox profiles etc)
(Office, windows data, settings backup not Recommended)
C:/Users/xyz/AppData/local
C:/Users/xyz/AppData/local/roaming
C:/ProgramData
C:/Program Files
C:/Program Files (x86)

Before installing new os check for virus in backed up data.
And use trusted source.

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
Please suggest free antivirus that can be run only when I need to scan files. Using Win10 64bit not activated. I'm aware that win has built in malware protection but wondering if it's enough.

quicky008

Technomancer
Is AVIRA free still worth considering? Heard that its currently owned by Symantec corporation.

I used to have AVG free earlier,but my pc still got infected,so i have been thinking of switching to avira free edition.But people on reddit have been recommending against using it as its reportedly turned into a bloatware and has no built in web protection.So would going for Avira be worthwhile?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Is AVIRA free still worth considering? Heard that its currently owned by Symantec corporation.

I used to have AVG free earlier,but my pc still got infected,so i have been thinking of switching to avira free edition.But people on reddit have been recommending against using it as its reportedly turned into a bloatware and has no built in web protection.So would going for Avira be worthwhile?
I think you better check out, instead of listening to Reddit garbage!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Anybody used EMSISOFT ? You can try their free toolkit to remove malware.

Check this out they have Ransomware Decryption Tool.. I don't know if it will work or not

*www.emsisoft.com/ransomware-decryption-tools/

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
How much one should trust online virus scanner like
virustotal.com/gui/
Metadefender.opswat.com/
lab.bitbaan.com/en/home

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Friends, I have started using escan total security(Paid) in one of my Desktop.
How is it?
I mean about false positives/negatives detection?

Top Bottom