Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Well we can make someone anonymous.

But it is only possible till he doesn't have any account on any social media. Now most of us have an account there so nothing can be done.

Even a new born baby has birth certificate so even that is not anonymous. Only way to remain anonymous is secretly go to sentinel island and live there without getting killed.
But only in Dreams.

kg11sgbg

Then search out the path that leads to "GyaanGanj" aka "Shangri-La" aka ..........................................................................................................................

kg11sgbg

Beyond Earth,but not in space(inside a spaceship/starship...whatever you call),because inside a spaceship you are well connected through all communication channels.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regarding surveillance, IMO in a country like India, nothing much can be done. Here most of the "youth" activists have actually done bad things and had links with many terrorist orgs. But again, not all are like that. There are many who want to do good.
Where did you learn that? In case you don't know, almost no "youth activist" in recent years has ever been found guilty by high court/supreme court even if case dragged on for years.

kg11sgbg

Sorry to mention here,I regret my comments above,EVEN IT IS TRUE.Even though there might be a link of relevance to the topic.
Actually we may have been deviating from the main topic.

andy_65_in

Padawan
I always get this crappy pop up whenever i start my pc...using ESET...whats the way to stop this please

Attachments

• Screenshot (225).png
    Screenshot (225).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 103

kg11sgbg

^ It seems a configuration problem. Maybe your webcam is enabled,so due to privacy issue,this pop up is shown.
Re-configure e-set through settings again.

quicky008

Technomancer
This advert being is widely circulated on FB nowadays(See attachment).Its purportedly a remake of the Contra game by some unknown studio called Raize gaming.

I assumed it was what it claimed to be,moreover as it was being advertised on FB i thought it was legit.After downloading this so-called game from their link,i found that it didn't work and was demanding that i install some "simulator" to get it to work.

Frustrated i gave up trying,but shortly afterwards an executable of the game that was running in the background was flagged by AVG as a malware(bitcoin miner) and was blocked.

This set off some alarm bells,so i checked the FB post once again where i got it from,and surely discovered that many others had also reported the same issue-that it was being flagged as a malware.It was my mistake for not having checked the comments thoroughly before proceeding to download this fake game-actually i didn't think any app that was being advertised on FB would contain malware,as i assumed they would have verified it before allowing it to appear on their website.

I ran a full system scan with avg and it came up clean in the results.I even scanned my system with malwarebytes and hitman pro but they couldn't find any traces of that malware either.

However much to my surprise,i found that the executables were still running from multiple places within my primary drive (C : ) after i rebooted my system,and quite inexplicably AVG was not detecting them.So i manually found their source folders using task manager and deleted them all,only to find them still appearing again upon the next reboot.

So this time i downloaded Eset online scanner and ran another system-wide scan but it came up empty as well.I couldn't imagine that some of the oldest and the most reputable AV products like ESET ,AVg etc were failing to detect this generic bitcoin mining trojan.

As a last resort,i scanned my system using a tool called rogue killer,and it did manage to detect multiple traces of the app on my C: drive and deleted them all !! I hope i wont find it running again upon the next reboot!

I reported this ad to facebook multiple times,but they rejected it claiming that it didn't violate any of their "community guidelines"!! (go figure!!)

Please beware of this,and if you chance upon this ad,do report it straight away!

Attachments

• malware.png
    malware.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 102
  • rogue killer scan result.png
    rogue killer scan result.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 87
  • rogue killer scan result2.png
    rogue killer scan result2.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 92

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This advert being is widely circulated on FB nowadays(See attachment).Its purportedly a remake of the Contra game by some unknown studio called Raize gaming.

I assumed it was what it claimed to be,moreover as it was being advertised on FB i thought it was legit.After downloading this so-called game from their link,i found that it didn't work and was demanding that i install some "simulator" to get it to work.

Frustrated i gave up trying,but shortly afterwards an executable of the game that was running in the background was flagged by AVG as a malware(bitcoin miner) and was blocked.

This set off some alarm bells,so i checked the FB post once again where i got it from,and surely discovered that many others had also reported the same issue-that it was being flagged as a malware.It was my mistake for not having checked the comments thoroughly before proceeding to download this fake game-actually i didn't think any app that was being advertised on FB would contain malware,as i assumed they would have verified it before allowing it to appear on their website.

I ran a full system scan with avg and it came up clean in the results.I even scanned my system with malwarebytes and hitman pro but they couldn't find any traces of that malware either.

However much to my surprise,i found that the executables were still running from multiple places within my primary drive (C : ) after i rebooted my system,and quite inexplicably AVG was not detecting them.So i manually found their source folders using task manager and deleted them all,only to find them still appearing again upon the next reboot.

So this time i downloaded Eset online scanner and ran another system-wide scan but it came up empty as well.I couldn't imagine that some of the oldest and the most reputable AV products like ESET ,AVg etc were failing to detect this generic bitcoin mining trojan.

As a last resort,i scanned my system using a tool called rogue killer,and it did manage to detect multiple traces of the app on my C: drive and deleted them all !! I hope i wont find it running again upon the next reboot!

I reported this ad to facebook multiple times,but they rejected it claiming that it didn't violate any of their "community guidelines"!! (go figure!!)

Please beware of this,and if you chance upon this ad,do report it straight away!
Thanks for letting us know !
One question, Isn't marlwarebyte, hitman and rogue killer conflicting with each other like antiviruses does?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Btw the Contra Returns is a Mobile Exclusive game releasing for Android/iOS

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.proximabeta.game.contra

*www.contrareturnsm.com/en/index.shtml

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks for letting us know !
One question, Isn't marlwarebyte, hitman and rogue killer conflicting with each other like antiviruses does?
i uninstalled the previous one before installing another anti-malware program.

And sadly even rogue killer couldn't get rid of the malware completely,the malicious processes still execute and run in background every time i turn my system on.

But strangely they disappear from task manager after a few minutes. I wonder what type of infection is this that so many major antimalware apps couldn't remove completely.

To think i got this malware from FB-and they are still displaying this ad as of today!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Btw the Contra Returns is a Mobile Exclusive game releasing for Android/iOS

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.proximabeta.game.contra

*www.contrareturnsm.com/en/index.shtml
Posted here by mistake? Perhaps move to a different thread.

quicky008

Technomancer
I have included some of the suspicious files that i see running in the background everytime i start windows 10 in the following google drive link :

*drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jYeLlVLVXbPox57N2hpjtnmiqTqC6Uov?usp=sharing

its in a rar archive,whose password is infected.

if you could scan these using your a/v products and share your findings then it would be great.

Top Bottom