Today I am in big trouble.
My LOCAL[C] drive is full with VIRUS.
My pc specification-
Hard disc=1 TB
Local c drive= 40 GB
Processor=core i 3.
ram= 4gb
OS=Windows 7 [but not original.]
My antivirus= QUICK-HEAL TOTAL SECURITY 2013 [ORIGINAL].
Now the main problem is =In Local [C] drive/ programme files/ quick heal...
30GB space is taken by quick heal...probably it is VIRUS.
I update regularly and scan daily.
I tried to install kasperesky .stoll it also takes 20GB fast.
I do not use many softwares or games.
Only C/PROGRAMME FILES/QUICK HEAL takes away whole space[ 30Gb out of 40GB]

1. HOW CAN I SAVE C DRIVE?
2.I know nothing of formating. Details guide line plz.
3.How to buy original windows 7 ?
4.Are IDM and FDM same?
Is there any free software to download youtube videos ?

Rescue me plz.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) Remove quick heal. It itself is a virus.

2) No need.

3) Online, local shop. Just buy online to be safe.

4) IDM is paid but better. (Best)

5) Keepvid.com

OP
Subhankar Mondal

Subhankar Mondal

I love Digit
How can Quick heal be a virus?
I also tried Kasperesky [free version]. It also jams C-Drive fast.
Should I delete all songs and games and softwares from my hard disc???

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
1. HOW CAN I SAVE C DRIVE?
>Download Avira antivirus free version.
>Disconnect internet
>Go to safe mode and uninstall Quickheal.
>In safe mode install Avira and do a virus scan. Repair all that is possible else delete.
>Check start-up programs and delete any entry that you do not understand or the source is dubious.
>Try to log-in to normal mode
>Update Avira and scan again.
>Buy KIS and keep this only. THe software is worth every penny
>P.S. stop visiting warez sites.

2.I know nothing of formating. Details guide line plz.
Not required at this moment.
3.How to buy original windows 7 ?
Microsoft site or any retail site or any digital electronics stores eg. Croma, Reliance Digital, Next etc...
4.Are IDM and FDM same?
No idea.
Is there any free software to download youtube videos ?
I use firefox and Video Downloader plugin. Also for IE Orbit does the job for me.

Flash

Lost in speed
Probably because, it has all the suspected items in its "Quarantine" folder (if any - i never tried quickheal, but this is how most AV's work). If possible, check your Quarantine list if any, and restore some you believe as not malware. That should free up the space from C:\.

If you still can't get your lost space after restoring, uninstall it. Be informed that, all the quarantined items also will wash away completely in this process. From what i've read in most threads, Bitdefender is the best AV as of now.

If you suspect any malwares, scan with Malwarebytes (free).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
How can Quick heal be a virus?
I also tried Kasperesky [free version]. It also jams C-Drive fast.
Should I delete all songs and games and softwares from my hard disc???

Few days ago, I used my pen drive at a cafe's pc which had quick heal installed. It detected a virus in my pen drive (which actually had spread through the system itself). When I opened my pen drive, it was flooded with viruses, which were clean according to quick heal. And I must tell you that the antivirus was fully updated. Now go imagine.
As for new antivirus, i'll say go with ESET as Kaspersky has tendency to fail while installing on an infected machine.
And once you get rid of viruses, you can figure out reason of space issue.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
As many has already suggested, clean up the virus first, think about the space later. Uninstall that quickheal, put on avira in safe mode, clean the mess, check your space issues once your pc is uninfested.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Install Avast and use boot scan option. It will start looking for viruses even before you get into Windows and there by stopping virus to interefere in scanning.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just a question to the OP : how come qucik heal can take 30Gb out of 40Gb in C drive where Op installed windows : I mean windows 7 can't fit on only 10GB space ( default install ) .. so there's must be something wrong with Op's HDD/OS/Software settings .. Op better completely remove his C partition and re-install windows from a proper source and check his other HDD partition using a Av bootable Cd to completely clean the system.

Hrishi

I don't agree to the fact that Quick Heal is a virus itself. I have used that A.V. program several times , and it never gave me any issues. The system might become slow due to DNA scan ,etc but that's what happen when you install a heavy A.V. application.

I wonder why you call it a virus.

// Apparently I don't prefer to use any A.V. program in regular use. Just install in whenevr required or { usually , once every quarter } and run a boot-time scan.

----------------------------
@OP : You should consider increasing your "C:/" partition size.
And I guess you have lots of Virus stored in other Drive locations { probably in games or applications } , which Q.H. might be moving into its Chest/Quarantime folder.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^If you can't figure out from what I faced with quick heal, then I can't convince you in a better way.

PS: This incident has happened with me quite a few times. And by calling it a virus I didn't exactly mean a virus in literal sense, rather in an exaggerated way of expressing a real pathetic antivirus product.

Vignesh B

Youngling
1. Uninstall quick heal. Install some other AV like avira, avast, mse etc and perform a full scan.
2. Not required unless point 1. fails. Installing and reinstalling Windows 7
3. Online or locally. SOmething like in here - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64 Bit (Full Pack) - Microsoft: Flipkart.com
4. IDM > FDM. PS : IDM is paid.
5. Downloading videos from youtube unless it is your own original uploaded video is piracy. Somethig like keepvid will do the job.
6. Next time onwards try using a better thread title.

Prongs298

In the zone
uninstall quick heal.
then download and use this - Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Free Download - Removal Tools

or this - Norman Malware Cleaner Free Download - Scan For Viruses

this should clean everything up. if it doesnt use avira and then go scan in safe mode.

after cleanup use avira+comodo firewall+comodo antivirus in dormant mode.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1) Remove quick heal. It itself is a virus.

I don't agree to the fact that Quick Heal is a virus itself. I
I wonder why you call it a virus.
Few days ago, I used my pen drive at a cafe's pc which had quick heal installed. It detected a virus in my pen drive (which actually had spread through the system itself). When I opened my pen drive, it was flooded with viruses, which were clean according to quick heal. And I must tell you that the antivirus was fully updated. Now go imagine.
I've read all.
I've uninstalled Quick heal and the main problem solved.
Thanks a lot.

does this prove that QH is a virus?

@OP: which AV are u using now?
also do remember to give appropriate thread title always.save me is not justified

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick Heal is not a virs but the Av is a medicre one at best ( IMO ) and Op can you tell use if Qucik Heal takes up 30GB out of 40Gb then how windows 7 fit on the that HDD partition or you are using some custom version of Windows 7 ?

BTW, thread title Edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom