Anti Static straps in Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Anyone knows where to buy anti static straps in Chennai? Every shopkeeper in Ritchie street blinks when I ask him. Also, what should I ask for? and how much would they cost?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
First of all, is anybody using an antistatic wrist-wrap here in India? I doubt very much.
I for one always wear an antistatic wrist wrap.Want to know from where I purchased?
From Radio Shack in USA. Like you I also searched all over here and drew a blank.
Everytime the dealers here in India handle the motherboards I am concerned.
Nothing ever seems to happen, though.
Perhaps here in India we are always well grounded and therefore no static ever builds up.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Yes.I was also looking for these anti static gloves but couldn't find them.
But u can take precaution by touching the ground and a metal plate bare footed to ground yourself.
Perhaps Indian dealers are grounded for life.

OP
dheeraj_kumar

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
good, good. please let us all know where they are available. i've been wanting to get one ever since digit mentioned it in one article with a picture a long time back. perhaps they can answer, since they have a testing labs. you hear me, digit?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Anti static wrist band would cost you roughly 200 Rs per item.
It may be a bit difficult to get it in general electronics markets.
Even those handling & repairing electronic & computer components regularly in such markets don't wear it!

Perhaps you may need to hunt for some company or providers who deals with providing ESD protection items and services to various organizations.

Try one of those cheap electronic screwdriver sets in any computer parts / electronics stores. Back in Qatar I've always found AS wrist straps included in one of the "Made in China" screwdriver sets.

Once, I even bought one of them just for the strap. That was before I found out that Qatar had quite a few Radio Shack outlets.

Cheers,
Keith

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
How I wish Radio Shack opens its outlets in India!:) and so also Fry's electronics.Will make lives simpler for tech savvy Indians and can spell doom for the Indian dealers who only try to push those items that will fatten their purses.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys take a look @ this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74602

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom