annoying popups on login

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys i hv sify bb conx whenever i log in there are 2 separate windows opened by it for promotional purposes plz tell wat registry entry to edit to disable it

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Try adding sify.com to list of restricted sites ... This way pop-ups will be blocked ...

Incase you are using Sify dialer, don't use it instead use the IE dialup connections ...

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
they are not pop-ups so to say they are more like windows tht open for any dialer .... for example if u connect thru tata also ur default browser opens with a page sify opens 2 such windows (over-rides the tab browsing thing in IE) and as sify is set to auto connect on startup these windows slow my machine

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
popup blockers do not solve this problem..... vishal the rsgistry guru plz tell me which reg entry to change

S

SE><IE

type secpol.msc at run dialog box.
Now goto Software restriction policy , right click and select new policy.

Now goto Software restriction policy > Additional rules. Right click in the right hand pane and select new path rule. Enter the path to BBImpSec.exe (in %programfiles%\Sify Broadband) and select Disallowed as security level from the drop down menu.
click OK.

Create a new path rule and point to BB_CustomMessage.exe (in %programfiles%\Sify Broadband) and select Disallowed as security level from the drop down menu.
click OK.

You won't ever be bothered by the annoying pop-ups :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom