Annoying popup: Installing both MS Office 2003 & 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_fanatic

Broken In
Hello,

I've installed both Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 on Windows XP SP3, and when i open office 2003 everything is working fine, but when i started 2007, it always popup as shown on the image below.

*img225.imageshack.us/img225/4686/office2007hw4.th.png*img225.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

I will be very thankful if anyone could help me on getting rid of the popup.

Thanks

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Well, its configuring, isnt it? wait for it to finish configuring!

...or is it taking too much time or crashes? in that case, uninstall and reinstall.

BTW, why do you need to have two office versions at the same time? they might conflict with each other! so its not recommended.

OP
mr_fanatic

mr_fanatic

Broken In
Everytime i opens 2007 it configures itself and took about 15-20 secs. The reason that i install both of them is because my brother who is a very rookie finds it hard to use it at the moment :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
2007's been causing same prob with me too, no solution so uninstalled and installed it again.

It's working fyne aftr then.

But again I strongly recommend not two versions of OFFICE

OP
mr_fanatic

mr_fanatic

Broken In
I agree that uninstalling either one of them will solve the problem, so i'll uninstall Office 2007 for my brothers sake. But i'm still looking for a solution to install both these versions without conflicting each other, so if anyone knows how, please kindly post it back. Thanks for all your time.

swatkat

Technomancer
See if this helps you:
*word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2007/04/15/word-2007-and-word-2003-coexisting/
*support.microsoft.com/kb/928091

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
i am using office 07 for winword,excel, ppt........
and 03 for frontpg.........
and luckly i am not gettin any problems.......

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Do you have licenses for both?

Maybe you should call the Microsoft customer helpline. I am sure they'll help you out

See here
*support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-in&x=16&y=18&c1=505&prid=10183&gprid=416357

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
this problem is common, the registry tweak suggested in swatkat link might help. initialy when I just wanted to try office 2007, i did this and faced the problem, they conflict and i suppose modify the same registry key which causes the problem. moreover you cannot associate any extension to office 2003, the will only open with office2007. So, I found a way around this. For those who can't work with the new layout, install openoffice 3.0, it has the menu layout, is very similar to ms office and also supports open document format, has extensions like firefox and best of all, its free. then later when you get familiar with all the functions one can easily switch to the new layout.

hey just check this out: *extensions.services.openoffice.org/taxonomy/term/1
I don't understand why educational institutes still use MS office to teach their students, this encourages piracy as most student can't buy the software. I would rather use openoffice as my office suite and thunderbird as my mail client. in case anyone over here plans on switch to thunderbird from MS outlook don't forget to add the lightning addon. You will never miss the calender of outlook.

Last edited:

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Microsoft does not support using multiple versions of Microsoft Office on versions of Microsoft Windows that have Terminal Services enabled. If you want to run multiple versions of Office, disable Terminal Services.
To disable terminal services follow this:

1. Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
  2. In the Computer Management window, open the Services And Applications branch in the left pane and click Services.
  3. In the Services pane, locate and double-click Terminal Services.
  4. In the Terminal Services Properties dialog box, click the Stop button and then set the Startup Type setting to either Disabled or Manual.
  5. Click OK and then close the Computer Management window.
  6. Restart Windows.

mmharshaa

Answers everything
If the same problem repeates uninstall and reinstall the program... It should work...!!

__________________________________________ _____________
The ultimate solution for all pc problems: My Answer

swatkat

Technomancer
If the same problem repeates uninstall and reinstall the program... It should work...!!

__________________________________________ _____________
The ultimate solution for all pc problems: My Answer

Please read other posts before replying. OP has already replied that he was able to get around the problem. And, this is a known issue and Microsoft and few other websites have workaround for it. Uninstall/reinstall is not always the final solution.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Everytime i opens 2007 it configures itself and took about 15-20 secs. The reason that i install both of them is because my brother who is a very rookie finds it hard to use it at the moment :)
lol...we need veterans here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom