Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I actually enjoyed GTO but that was the last. Slam Dunk for it's time is certainly good.
I have heard about the Fist of North Star but haven't seen yet. May be in future when I finish Slam Dunk. It is so hard to follow a anime series which have more than 50 episodes.

Edit : another anime I forgot to mention from that time is Berserk. It was so intense!

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
The 80s was the golden age of anime. To some extent the 90s as well. There was no pre-set formula and people were creating genre-defining stuff. Now there's so much content it is mostly filled with formulaic incomplete LN adaptations. Plus a lot of poorly done CG really takes away from modern visuals.

Read the manga when you can. It's much better.
Ya, I have read it, the manga was better than the anime adaptation.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
This music from Berserk (1997) is just so good.

The anime doesn't have much animation in it but it still gets the job done in conveying the message.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 80s was the golden age of anime. To some extent the 90s as well. There was no pre-set formula and people were creating genre-defining stuff. Now there's so much content it is mostly filled with formulaic incomplete LN adaptations. Plus a lot of poorly done CG really takes away from modern visuals.
Exactly,nothing worse than watching an anime based on an incomplete LN that too not properly adapted.

Edit : another anime I forgot to mention from that time is Berserk. It was so intense!
There is a running joke in manga/anime community,people hope to see berserk finish in either their lifetime or author's lifetime whichever is earlier :lol:

Neo

Damn that Netero vs Meruem was hype. I distinctly remember having goosebumps throughout the fight sequence.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I'm waiting for someone to release timings for the Blu-ray Inuyasha release. Not picking up anything new until I finish InuYasha or Bleach.

Also I'm really sad at Netflix for removing most of the seasons after I finished the first 26 episodes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm waiting for someone to release timings for the Blu-ray Inuyasha release. Not picking up anything new until I finish InuYasha or Bleach.

Also I'm really sad at Netflix for removing most of the seasons after I finished the first 26 episodes.
You mean the original 167 ep series? I think it's better to just watch the dvd version as bluray for such long series will take a lot of time & even then it will probably be an upscale.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The blu-ray is already out. I have access to the source media. I just need subtitles for it. If I had time I could do the sub timing myself with previously released versions.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The blu-ray is already out. I have access to the source media. I just need subtitles for it. If I had time I could do the sub timing myself with previously released versions.
Strange,there is no BD info on anidb & no group bluray release either.If you are interested then you can offer the BD upload to sub groups to see if anyone can take up this project.