Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

icebags

Technomancer
Shinchou Yuusha / Cautious Hero is looking promising. They have released first episode in youtube and it was amazing. The RPG/MMO game concept is super fun !!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm back, guys! Nice to see this place is still alive and well.

Is anyone watching the Legend of the Galactic Heroes remakes? What about the ongoing JIFF? Next stop is Chennai.
Nice to see you back.

Already seen the classic 110 episodes OVA so not even going to touch this 12 ep+3 movies compressed version. JIFF? you mean Jaipur International Film Festival,what's that got to do with anime or are they showing some anime movies there.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Japanese Film Festival. Accidentally added the I.

JAPANESE FILM FESETIVAL

Re- LotGH: Did you watch the gaidens and the classic films? You should if you haven't. Also the Production IG version is not grandiose but it's not bad.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Japanese Film Festival. Accidentally added the I.

JAPANESE FILM FESETIVAL

Re- LotGH: Did you watch the gaidens and the classic films? You should if you haven't. Also the Production IG version is not grandiose but it's not bad.
:lol: And here I was wondering how Jaipur film festival fits in anime thread. I watched only the 110 ep OVA & initial 2-3 movies(expanding first few episodes),not gonna watch gaiden etc because I usually don't watch such long side stories focused on main/important side characters especially if main story is already ended in a perfect way. Same reason I will probably skip the modern remake(I could have considered it if it was at least similar in length to original ova).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Ah that's a shame. There were some pretty interesting supporting characters in the gaidens that weren't a part of the main series.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Been warming up with animes of sports genre : Slam Dunk, Ahiru No Sora and Hoshiai No Sora, and waiting for next part of the Haikyuu's.
Ahiru No Sora and Hoshiai No Sora are unexpectedly good with latter one gets a bit dark at times. I cannot describe better without spoiling.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
What about Ace wo/o Nerae?
I didn't know about this series until now. I have stopped watching animes from 90s and before nowadays, because of animation quality. I am watching Slam Dunk only because it was recommended everywhere in sports genre. Apart from this, I have completed GTO, from that era, as well cause of high recommendations. After seeing animations in Haikyuu, Kimetsu No Yaiba, MHA etc, it is so hard to go back old animations and still enjoy.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't know about this series until now. I have stopped watching animes from 90s and before nowadays, because of animation quality. I am watching Slam Dunk only because it was recommended everywhere in sports genre. Apart from this, I have completed GTO, from that era, as well cause of high recommendations. After seeing animations in Haikyuu, Kimetsu No Yaiba, MHA etc, it is so hard to go back old animations and still enjoy.
Well that's the definition of classics,they stay relevant even with passage of time.It all depends on whether the content of old anime can override your preference of animation style.GTO is a classic so even with its old style animation it is still far better than most modern anime series in my opinion.Take for example,Fist of the North Star anime.Even with its old school animation I doubt any modern anime series can match to its main character's "manliness" in terms of its actions & dialogues( Urban Dictionary: omae wa mou shindeiru Gurren Lagann comes a bit close).

Btw a funny comparison I read about Fist of the North star anime on anidb(& I agree :lol: )
Hokuto no Ken - Anime - AniDB
Kenshiro's eyebrows alone kick Naruto's and Bleach asses. Watch it or else.... OMAE WA MO SHINDEIRU !!!!

Watch the original epic scene:

Also watch this scene from series belonging to same franchise(I find it a bit similar to Monica Bellucci famous "ahem" scene in Shoot ‘Em Up(watch it if you haven't already))

GTO main character imitating kenshiro

Lucky star anime parodying kenshiro signature dialgoue:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

The 80s was the golden age of anime. To some extent the 90s as well. There was no pre-set formula and people were creating genre-defining stuff. Now there's so much content it is mostly filled with formulaic incomplete LN adaptations. Plus a lot of poorly done CG really takes away from modern visuals.

GTO anime have one of the funniest faces :D

Read the manga when you can. It's much better.

Top Bottom