Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How about a 2 line summary.

It's got no storyline. Routine of 4 art school girls, primary school. Animation is a good example of minimalism with captivating execution. All characters are extremely likeable. Music suits so well to the anime. My phone notification tone is set to Yuno's notification tone :p

And this song mash up, listened a year ago.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
finished Ping pong the animations, an excellent coming of age story set in the background of ping pong, the animation might look odd, but i suggest to overlook that watch it for the story, also the ping pong part is excellent too, the movements, the jargons, superbly executed anime
9/10 for me

FOR thos who have WATCHED IT, this is a good follow up article to read
*finewhiningandbreathing.wordpress....-to-enlightenment-in-ping-pong-the-animation/

Thanks for the article. Even though just 11 episodes, the character development is more intense than most of the anime I have seen. The visual elements, specially during the last few episodes were brilliant as well.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Started Hidamari Sketch x 365 . It's a prequel wrapped up in a sequel. Watched first episode. Reveals a lot more details about the backstory.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Finished Amagi Brilliant Park. 13 episodes. Genre: Comedy, Magic. It is about a guy who takes over as the manager of an amusement park which is in danger of shutting down. The story and the characters are a bit silly, but highly entertaining. I really had good laughs while watching it.8/10

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Started with 1st episode of Your Lie In April

*i.imgur.com/ZGESDSO.jpg
shigatsu wa kimino usho ...
heard it had too many feels.. and i tend to particularly avoid animes with feels after clannad:AS ... nonetheless it had pretty decent opening song and is rated highyl..do post your review.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Am a killer for anime with feels, waiting for review. I have few episodes of this one, but since all anime with japanese name sound the same to me, I didn't care to get hold of all the episodes.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Started GTO, watched till episode 27/43 and stopped it. Started Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, but stopped after 6/12. Now watching Zankyou no Terror 1/12, let's see if I can finish this atleast! :facepalm:

Chetan1991

Youngling
Finished Ping Pong. Pretty awesome series about effort and talent. Great characters, great soundtrack and whacky animation. Recommended to everyone.

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
It was fun and all, but somehow I felt it is not compelling to watch more. Anyways since I am already halfway :)D) I will finish it by this weekend. But GTO was outright boring after the initial hype episodes!!

I too was very disappointed with GTO although people in this thread seem to love it. Have watched daily lives of highschool boys 2 times, and laughed harder the second time. However, I must admit it serves a different kind of humour.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I too was very disappointed with GTO although people in this thread seem to love it. Have watched daily lives of highschool boys 2 times, and laughed harder the second time. However, I must admit it serves a different kind of humour.

The reason I stopped DKnN was not because it was good, but it doesn't attract me, because it has no connectivity between episodes. If I want to LMAO and relax, I will go with it. And that is why it hasn't been picked up well for me, for last 2 weeks. OTOH, GTO becomes plain BS once after episode 16+, and I pulled myself in to watch it, but over the time, I liked tamil serials:)facepalm:) to be better than GTO! So I planned to bring back some action and thus ended up with ZnT!

Piyush

Lanaya
GTA manga >>> GTO anime

Dunno why you guys didnt like it. It still is considered in top 25 anime of all time and listed in top 10 in some portals like MAL.

Top Bottom