1. Budget?
6k at max
2. Display type and size?
3"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
any
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
qweerty nd touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
any decent camera
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
android is must
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
wifi must
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
flash
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
gaming and other apps
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
micromax a52 and a50
12. Any other info that you want to share
Should i buy somethig that is upgradable to icecream sandwich?
which processor is good? how much ram is considered good to run 80% apps from market?
this will be my first android fone, so i will be downloading a lot of apps nd will expect them to run :)

I would recommend going for a smartphone with atleast 512 MB RAM. I would recommend you to buy HTC Explorer if possible.

I'm using samsung Galaxy Y which has 290 MB RAM. Many apps run in background, so I feel even 290 MB is less.

Another point which you must note is that apps take up space in internal storage, even though many apps could be moved to SD card. So to get a good Android experience get a smartphone with large amount of internal storage & atleast 512MB RAM....

Still, try to stretch your budget a little & get Samsung Galaxy Pocket @ ~6.8k if money is problem..

OP
A

ani1751

Broken In
so if i cant strech budget, is it worth to buy micromax a50 or a52?
if its not, i will drop the idea of goig to android :cry:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you want a simple Android mobile, go for Micromax android but do remember you won't get any community support i.e. if Micromax doesn't release update, there will be no update. if there is any problem you'll have to go to customer care and these desi brands have worst customer care. no basically you'll have to use it as a dumb phone and can't really make use of the Android OS itself.

aroraanant

Explorer
Why don't you extend your budget by 2k and get Explorer for 8k which is an amazing phone.
Or you can get Galaxy Y for 6.5k easily.

Abhinav Gupta

Broken In
Add 800 Rs. and get Galaxy Y.Also if you can wait for some time,and increase your budget in that time, go for Sony Xperia Tipo(8k as per the rumours).I am also waiting for the phone.Its specs are better than HTC Explorer.

Top Bottom