Android Smartphone Under 27k

Which phone is better to buy?

• Total voters

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@OP. this is one major aspect (apart from non-expandable storage and poor battery) that made me ditch plan to get One X : Multitasking is a joke on the One X! - xda-developers
This is not a bug but a tweak that HTC purposefully did to improve battery life : HTC says it purposefully made multitasking broken on the One X

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
@OP. this is one major aspect (apart from non-expandable storage and poor battery) that made me ditch plan to get One X : Multitasking is a joke on the One X! - xda-developers
This is not a bug but a tweak that HTC purposefully did to improve battery life : HTC says it purposefully made multitasking broken on the One X

I left One X. Now I have to finalise between GS III and Nexus 4. I think I should take risk of not getting imported Nexus 4 without warranty because it a very future proof phone with 2GB RAM. Hardly any phone face any problem in a year.

tkin

Back to school!!
SGS III eyes closed, don't get Nexus 4, no warranty, if it borks, down goes your 26k.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I left One X. Now I have to finalise between GS III and Nexus 4. I think I should take risk of not getting imported Nexus 4 without warranty because it a very future proof phone with 2GB RAM. Hardly any phone face any problem in a year.

okay. yes, no 'real' issues reported for Nexus 4. Like I said, as long as you keep the phone very very safe, you will be happy.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
SGS III eyes closed, don't get Nexus 4, no warranty, if it borks, down goes your 26k.

But how would I able to get upcoming Android 5.0 on GSIII. I don't know how to put custom ROM. By the way Google Nexus 4 is costing me approx 23k. (i.e. 395$ + shipping and custom duties)

:facepalm: I am a dude.

Sorry dude. I thought you are a girl. :D

okay. yes, no 'real' issues reported for Nexus 4. Like I said, as long as you keep the phone very very safe, you will be happy.

I know it is made of some delicate glass but I keep my things safe in my hand. There is no kid in my home and I will keep always on a silicon cover.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ nope. Camera is not very excellent to say but it is okay (Read this)

Music is good, after all it is all about fiddling with EQ.

tkin

Back to school!!
But how would I able to get upcoming Android 5.0 on GSIII. I don't know how to put custom ROM. By the way Google Nexus 4 is costing me approx 23k. (i.e. 395$ + shipping and custom duties)

Sorry dude. I thought you are a girl. :D

I know it is made of some delicate glass but I keep my things safe in my hand. There is no kid in my home and I will keep always on a silicon cover.
The glass could still break with rapid change in temperature ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
Uh-Oh! what if I take and leave with phone from a chilled AC room and got outside in 40 degrees summer? I am so confused now. :?

What if I done something wrong? The phone will be bricked. :shock:
There was report, a guy was talking on it, the back got heated up from his palm and the internal heat, he then placed it one a glass table(ac was running), bam, instacrack back glass, so be careful ;)

And yes, if you brick it, its dead and you have to get it fix via samsung service center, but I am sure SGS III will get KLP, even SGS II got JB4.2

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
There was report, a guy was talking on it, the back got heated up from his palm and the internal heat, he then placed it one a glass table(ac was running), bam, instacrack back glass, so be careful ;)

And yes, if you brick it, its dead and you have to get it fix via samsung service center, but I am sure SGS III will get KLP, even SGS II got JB4.2

Why Google why? The phone can be made of toy like plastic.
KLP you mean key lime pie 5.0? But users have to wait like 6-8 months for it. Galaxy SIV will come with 4.2.

Just few hours ago Android update 4.2.2 starts rolling out on Nexus devices.

tkin

Back to school!!
Why Google why? The phone can be made of toy like plastic.
KLP you mean key lime pie 5.0? But users have to wait like 6-8 months for it. Galaxy SIV will come with 4.2.
True, but what's wrong with people's attitude I HAVE TO GET LATEST ANDROID OR BUST, I am even happy with ICS as the phone does not cause any inconvenience(like crashes etc which was ample in gingerbread), JB4.2 is mature enough, just use it till KLP gets released.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
True, but what's wrong with people's attitude I HAVE TO GET LATEST ANDROID OR BUST, I am even happy with ICS as the phone does not cause any inconvenience(like crashes etc which was ample in gingerbread), JB4.2 is mature enough, just use it till KLP gets released.

Hmm. But Galaxy SIII comes with JB 4.1 not 4.2.x
Getting latest android is quite useful as it is the most updated hence more features and improved quality experience made by google.

This is the list of top 5 smartphones by stuff magazine.
*s9.postimage.org/slxmd0l3j/rating.jpg

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Uh-Oh! what if I take and leave with phone from a chilled AC room and go outside in 40 degrees summer? I am so confused now. :?

that shouldn't break it. rapid change is more like keep the phone in freezer for few minutes and then toss it into oven. Like I said earlier, do NOT use the phone without protective case. That always always helps. If you order Nexus 4, get the nexus 4 protection case (full body). Ignore if it makes the phone look ugly. An ugly case is better than a broken phone.

Installing a ROM is very very easy. if you brick it, take it to service centre and get it fixed. If the phone is out of warranty and you brick it, use it as paper weight and buy new phone. With Nexus 4, you don't have to think about any other ROM as you will be the first one getting the updates.

Hmm. But Galaxy SIII comes with JB 4.1 not 4.2.x
Getting latest android is quite useful as it is the most updated hence more features and improved quality experience made by google.

This is the list of top 5 smartphones by stuff magazine.

Who is that moron that said 'slickest android experience, bar none'. That is absolutely not true. I installed CM10.1 as I felt that touchwiz was slow (as I was used to super slick Windows Phone).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

bricking an android mobile is not that easy. most of the time it is a soft brick (gets stuck at android icon or midway) can easily be revived. In case you are performing an official software update & the cable gets pulled, chances are your mobile is gone. this is hard brick.

Top Bottom