Android Smartphone Under 27k

Which phone is better to buy?

• Total voters
OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
bricking an android mobile is not that easy. most of the time it is a soft brick (gets stuck at android icon or midway) can easily be revived. In case you are performing an official software update & the cable gets pulled, chances are your mobile is gone. this is hard brick.

Hello sam thanks for this information. What do you think? What should I pick? Galaxy SIII 16GB for 26.9k or imported Nexus 4 16GB for 23k.
Let assume upcoming android KLM 5.0 hits on mid may on the nexus devices. How much time Samsung will take to bring it to Galaxy S III?
If I put custom ROM cyanogenmod on Galaxy S III, will it automatically update to new version or I have to update manually?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hello sam thanks for this information. What do you think? What should I pick? Galaxy SIII 16GB for 26.9k or imported Nexus 4 16GB for 23k.
Let assume upcoming android KLM 5.0 hits on mid may on the nexus devices. How much time Samsung will take to bring it to Galaxy S III?
If I put custom ROM cyanogenmod on Galaxy S III, will it automatically update to new version or I have to update manually?

1. I can take a month or few months or a year or year and a half. It depends on how major KLP is and how much Sammy can screw the UI
2. No. CM devs should develop the ROM for GSIII and only then you can install the KLP based CM ROM. This too takes time. It is better to use a nearly or completely stable ROM than install heavily buggy early ROMs. When the new ROM is ready, you have to update manually.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
1. I can take a month or few months or a year or year and a half. It depends on how major KLP is and how much Sammy can screw the UI
2. No. CM devs should develop the ROM for GSIII and only then you can install the KLP based CM ROM. This too takes time. It is better to use a nearly or completely stable ROM than install heavily buggy early ROMs. When the new ROM is ready, you have to update manually.
Thanks desiibond, you helped me a lot. You give genuine advice. I appreciate that. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

S3 definitely. Complete peace of mind. And moreover N4 has limited memory. i guess 16GB will have around 10-11GB usable memory.

S3 may miss out on Android 5.0. It has recently received Android 4.1 & Android 4.2 update is pending.

there is no "one" custom rom. devs make custom rom, port it, mod it, etc. And of course there are like Auto update stuff in custom rom too but flashing a custom rom takes at most a few minutes.

kapilove77

Padawan
I steal this from some forums check this might help you some.

Used it for 3 weeks before **** happened.
Battery: worse than S3. Undoubtedly. But the 10W adapter that Google provides means fast charging.
Music Player: Google Music is Ok, but I used Vanilla Music Player (it supported FLAC, is free and I don't need equalizers). I used Seinheiser CX-180 headphones and the music quality was ok. (My last good phone was an XpressMusic, and I think it had better audio quality, but with a different set of headphones).
Camera: Ok, not as good as the S3's. The HDR mode takes longer than S3's but better colours than S3's (and for some odd reason the HDR mode resulted in two pics for each shot for the S3).

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
I steal this from some forums check this might help you some.

Used it for 3 weeks before **** happened.
Battery: worse than S3. Undoubtedly. But the 10W adapter that Google provides means fast charging.
Music Player: Google Music is Ok, but I used Vanilla Music Player (it supported FLAC, is free and I don't need equalizers). I used Seinheiser CX-180 headphones and the music quality was ok. (My last good phone was an XpressMusic, and I think it had better audio quality, but with a different set of headphones).
Camera: Ok, not as good as the S3's. The HDR mode takes longer than S3's but better colours than S3's (and for some odd reason the HDR mode resulted in two pics for each shot for the S3).

LOL I already read that quote man. It's on XDA forum. :razz:

S3 definitely. Complete peace of mind. And moreover N4 has limited memory. i guess 16GB will have around 10-11GB usable memory.

S3 may miss out on Android 5.0. It has recently received Android 4.1 & Android 4.2 update is pending.

there is no "one" custom rom. devs make custom rom, port it, mod it, etc. And of course there are like Auto update stuff in custom rom too but flashing a custom rom takes at most a few minutes.

Thanks for your information sam. But how can you say KLP will not come to GS III? I mean previous GS II came with GB 2.3 received the ICS 4.0 and now JB 4.1 update.

Android 4.2 is itself the same jelly bean with some more features.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If I buy a phone will, it gets automatic OTA update to 4.1.2 or I have to update it manually?

When I got my gs3, once I connected to wifi, I got notification to upgrade OS and that was 4.1.2 (was huge btw so do not start the upgrade on mobile data connection). The whole update was done OTA. I initiated the udpate, dozed off and when I woke up in the morning, it was done.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for your information sam. But how can you say KLP will not come to GS III? I mean previous GS II came with GB 2.3 received the ICS 4.0 and now JB 4.1 update.

Android 4.2 is itself the same jelly bean with some more features.

S3 may eventually taste KLP but it'll take like a year. Why? By the time KLP is announced, we'll have S4 making S3 legacy device. So Samsung will bring KLP to S4 first then S3, if at all.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
HTC One X Plus is available for Rs 31K on HS18 Super Savers right now. A good option.

Thank you rohan but it is out of my budget. I can hardly arrange 27k as my previous budget was 23k for imported Nexus 4.

thats why we have custom rom. go for S3.

Are there any changes come out in battery and camera performance after putting CyanogenMod ROM?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thank you rohan but it is out of my budget. I can hardly arrange 27k as my previous budget was 23k for imported Nexus 4.

Are there any changes come out in battery and camera performance after putting CyanogenMod ROM?

right now, for me CM10.1 is 1000x better than stock ROM w.r.t performance and battery life.

Top Bottom