Android Signal Problem !!

koolent

Youngling
Hi,

I installed Androd 2.3 On my Galaxy Ace, after that it was running fine but when I took my screw driver and loosened the screws a little (didn't open the phn) then I screwed them back and kept the phone and went on the ground floor..

When I returned and changed the phn's SIM Card, I was not receiving any Signals, I changed the SIM Card back and it was still not getting the signals..

I inserted the Same SIM into my X2-01, it worked fine..

When I took my Ace outside with the SIM, it started to catch weak signals, when I got it in, no signal..

What can be the problem ? what should I do ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Take it to the service center. Its not a software problem. Removing the screws might have damaged the antenna...

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
^^ I haven't removed any screws, yes They might have damaged it.. Will be taking it for repair.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Why the heck you took of screws if you dont want to open. if they somehow discover that it was tampered with then you can kiss warranty good bye.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ :lol:

@koolent, there are internal points on PCB that connects to the antenna (a strip of metal that runs though the inner portion of the mobile casing). surely the points have been disconnected from the antenna. service center mayn't offer free services cause it is surely a physical damage. but fixing it shouldn't be hard.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
^^ Well, in that case I didn't open any case, it fell from my hand.. Lolololll.. :D.. Well, I will not do anything nw, take it to repair, straight.. Well how much should it cost me?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ fell from hand, you opened or whatever it is, its physical damage. or just tell service center guys that after updating software it no longer shows signal. act dumb.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Sam that I think wont work :p

Fell from hand? Opened it? Antena disconnect from fall? #fail :(

You are loosing money here koolent man. Drink some Ice water before you go :p

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
No problem.. Those guys are dumb people too... If I go deep inside the system.. They might fall for it..

Well, it might cost me a mere Rs. 200 to get it repaired..

Sujeet

Undead!!!
No problem.. Those guys are dumb people too... If I go deep inside the system.. They might fall for it..

Well, it might cost me a mere Rs. 200 to get it repaired..

Time to rethink.Those guys are good enough to repair mobile phones and fix hardware-software issues so basically they are not dumb.More importantly in case you dont know, unlike your local mobile repair store where the guy on counter is the also happens to be THE Technician Dude...Branded repair centers of Companies like Samsung have receptionist who is not the technician. The technicians and engineers are meant for fixing and dealing with Phones rather than showing up in front of customers so they barely come out for you to judge if they that smart enough or not.:wink:

Just a piece of advice in case you fall into some trouble due to your wrong assumptions.

Last edited:
OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Got it repaired without them even knowing that I messed with the screws.. Got I repaired for free under warranty.. It was the antenna.. :)

Top Bottom