Android phone with best camera under 20k

rock18

Broken In
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade my mobile phone.I was using Nokia 5800 and then bought a Samsung Pixon 8MP because of the camera.
Even though i am satisfied with the camera,nothing else is there in the phone.No GPS,No WI-FI and Its not smart enough(its me i guess) :sad:

So i have decided to upgrade my mobile to Android.
Budget is not very strict but may be upto 20k.
Which Android phone has the best camera? Good quality 5MP would do but atleast 720P recording should be there.
As of now some of the cheapest VFM phones available in the net
1.Motorola Defy- 15k
2.Google Nexus- 19k
3.HTC desire- 15k

My priorities are
1.Android
2.Very good camera better than or equal to 8MP pixon
3.Big screen/AMOLED

Sorry if i am asking too much..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
HTC Desire S @23k looks awesome for you... (22k after discount RCOMLB1 on letsbuy)...

Sense UI
Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon
Gorilla Glass Display
1.1 GB ROM, 768 MB RAM
5MP Camera with HD recording
3.7" awesome screen
Aluminium Unibody design...

*www.letsbuy.com/product_images/enlarge/htc_desire_.jpg

OP
R

rock18

Broken In
HTC Desire S @23k looks awesome for you... (22k after discount RCOMLB1 on letsbuy)...

Sense UI
Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon
Gorilla Glass Display
1.1 GB ROM, 768 MB RAM
5MP Camera with HD recording
3.7" awesome screen
Aluminium Unibody design...

*www.letsbuy.com/product_images/enlarge/htc_desire_.jpg

Thanks a lot for replying buddy.
Will there be a big difference in the display size when compared with 4"+ display mobiles?
How is the display clarity?
Other than that this mobile seems to be awesome.

Is this VFM when compared to HTC desire Z which is available for 17k?

aroraanant

Explorer
Desire S seems to be the best option for u.
its display is almost similar to 4" but not similar to 4.3".
Its a very good phone,go for it

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
DOn't go for D:Z. the keypad's hinge seems to have relibility issues and moreover, it has become old now. Go for D:S

OP
R

rock18

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys.
Just a quick question. Desire S sells for around 22k.
In the same price range..we can get
1.Samsung galaxy i9000 AMOLED-22k
2.Samsung galaxy i9003 S-LCD -19k
3.Samsung google nexus -19k
4.HTC desire HD with a bigger screen-23k

So desire S is the best we can get in that price range?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^Desire S is better than all the above phones...

I would have chosen Nexus S because my needs are different. But for everyone else, Desire S rocks...

Rohitt

Broken In
^^^Desire S is better than all the above phones...

I would have chosen Nexus S because my needs are different. But for everyone else, Desire S rocks...

Please compare Desire S and Desire HD. Which one is better and why if we put aside the price factor for a while?:smile:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Please compare Desire S and Desire HD. Which one is better and why if we put aside the price factor for a while?:smile:

D:S is better because

1. much better dipslay. though D:HD's display is bigger, the S-LCD on D:S gives better quality and takes less power. do note that both have same resolution which means content looks much crispy on D:S.
2. has much much better battery life, which is very important for droids. The main issue with D:HD is terrible battery life.
3. D:S will certainly get the next one or two versions of android while D:HD may not get any more updates.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I would advice nexus S... being a google phone you won't have to wait for updates and dev support is huge.. .. specs are similar to desire S apart from bigger display..

aroraanant

Explorer
if u want a good camera then u can also look for xperia x10 which comes in ur budget and it has also got a gingerbread i.e Android 2.3 update also,it is little bit old but a nice phone.But HTC Desire S is still the best phone in a budget of 22K.

ssb1551

Technomancer
yup. univercell is yet to update their price, maybe.

Oh no no!! Its the correct price. Nexus S & Nexus S I9023 are 2 different handsets, although all the featres are same. Maybe a marketing gimmick by Samsung!!:p

OP
R

rock18

Broken In
Thanks for all your replies.
I got a chance to play around with these mobiles for a while in univercell.
First mobile that managed to grab my attention was HTC desire HD
Wow!! what a big display..very good for web browsing,ebook and also games.
After that tried incredible S,google nexus,Defy,Galaxy i9003,Xperia ARC,LG optimus 2X.
Desire S is not available in that showroom.
I still cannot get desire HD's big screen out of my mind.
My favorites during my 2minutes playing around with the phones
1.HTC desire HD
2.Sony xperia Arc
3.LG optimus 2X

Desire HD is ruled out because of the reasons mentioned above(by other members) as well as the reviews.

Looks like only option is to go for samsung Galaxy S2 by increasing the budget?
that will be the last option for me as it has a big screen,AMOLED and a very good camera.

Given a choice i would prefer a much less priced android phone with an excellent camera.

Defy grabbed my attention as it had gorilla glass,a very small factor and VFM at 14k
since i have a 1yr old baby who loves throwing away whatever things she can..i thought this would be the best option but camera is not upto the mark(correct me if i am wrong)

I want a better or equal camera than samsung PIXON 8MP atleast.
Desire S seems to be a good option but 3.7" screen is the dealbreaker for me here as i was very much impressed with the 4"+ screens.

Even though I9003 has a 4" screen,it looked small when compared to other 4" screens.Nexus looked like its having a much bigger screen.

I heard Xperia ARC is having some compression issues with the pictures and camera is not as good as the old Xperia X10.

And any idea when galaxy S2 will be available in sites like letsbuy.com and flipkart.com as it out of stock currently?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
You feel that Desire HD is a better than Incredible S then u r totally wrong. Incredible S has better screen,better battery and has also have rotating buttons which looks quite good.only there is a lil difference in screen size i.e. of only 0.3''.

And u need to check out the website of letsbuy daily,i hope it(S2) will be available in a couple of days.

OP
R

rock18

Broken In
^^^^
You feel that Desire HD is a better than Incredible S then u r totally wrong. Incredible S has better screen,better battery and has also have rotating buttons which looks quite good.only there is a lil difference in screen size i.e. of only 0.3''.

And u need to check out the website of letsbuy daily,i hope it(S2) will be available in a couple of days.

Buddy..i never said Desire HD is better than incredible S.
Two models suggested to me here are Desire S and incredible S.
But i was kinda attracted to the big screen of the Desire HD.If only it was good then definitely i would have bought that.
So only other better option is the galaxy S as its also 4.3".
What is the cheapest price of Galaxy S2?
Poorvika is selling it for around 29900rs.i.e the lowest i heard.

Top Bottom