Android Phone Under 15k

pranavalw

Broken In
I am from India and I am thinking to buy an Android Phone. My choices are between
Samsung Galaxy 551 - Samsung Galaxy 551 - Full phone specifications
LG Optimus one P500 - LG Optimus One P500 - Full phone specifications

Please do see to them and suggest me :)

After reading comments below and many other places HTC Wildfire is out of the race so please select from the given two. :)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
choose the 1st one if you type lot & play less or no games on mobile.

choose the 2nd one if you want all round performance but at the expense of using a on-screen keyboard.

choose the 3rd one if you got lots of money to waste on.......... on useless items.

OP
P

pranavalw

Broken In
choose the 1st one if you type lot & play less or no games on mobile.

choose the 2nd one if you want all round performance but at the expense of using a on-screen keyboard.

choose the 3rd one if you got lots of money to waste on.......... on useless items.

Lol Sam why do you think HTC Wildfire is waste of money? :?

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ The display of Wildfire is not up to the mark. Another thing is that its RAM is only 256MB so that should affect performance

Optimus One is the best VFM for about ~11.5-12.5K range. You have to settle for 3.15MP+AF Camera with no flash. But other than that the phone is Awesome. I bought one 2 days ago and love it :D

utkarsh009

In the zone
choose the second one. only choose the first one if you desperately need a hardware keyboard. do not choose the third one

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ The display of Wildfire is not up to the mark. Another thing is that its RAM is only 256MB so that should affect performance

Optimus One is the best VFM for about ~11.5-12.5K range. You have to settle for 3.15MP+AF Camera with no flash. But other than that the phone is Awesome. I bought one 2 days ago and love it :D

yes, the logic of HTC Wildfire is kind of strange.

1. you get a low resolution screen.
2. you get 5Mp camera with flash.
3. you get a SLOW processor with less ram.
4. the price is 2k more than both the other contenders.
5. well i am not sure of this but usually the battery on HTC mobiles run out of juice really fast.

& all of them runs Froyo (Wildfire needs an OTA update). so HTC Wildfire is for HTC fanboys ONLY. and for the rest, theres Samsung & LG (no Motorola or SE. both sucks).

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah its a straight choice between samsung 551 and LG optimus one....take a look and feel..:mrgreen:

Optimus have better graphics and more RAM...Samsung 551 have qwerty keyboard..

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Moreover,LG optimus one gives ultimate feel while web browsing..
really fast,smooth and easy..
Sound quality is also upto the marks..
Only camera sucks.. battery life 1 day with all time use..

tejaslok

Journeyman
my choice would be for 2nd one LG optimus one, i bought the phone like yesterday and i love it ! and

I loved O1 for all round performance, really i didnt see any difference b/w 256k and 16M colour depth here !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ over which Samsung? if Samsung 551, don't switch to Optimus one if you used a mobile with a good physical keyboard. also G551 got Wifi "n". O1 sticks to b/g. & lastly the colour of G551 (or all galaxies) more than O1 but i don't think that makes a difference when G3/G551 got a lower resolution.

OP
P

pranavalw

Broken In
^^ over which Samsung? if Samsung 551, don't switch to Optimus one if you used a mobile with a good physical keyboard. also G551 got Wifi "n". O1 sticks to b/g. & lastly the colour of G551 (or all galaxies) more than O1 but i don't think that makes a difference when G3/G551 got a lower resolution.
At last what you suggest out of Optimus one and samsung i5510?
See this video before coming to decision YouTube - Samsung I5510 Review

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
depends. depends on what a user wants. i am ok with a onscreen keyboard, so for me i am ok without a physical kb. also physical keyboard means a lower rated battery (to make space for the physical keys) = a lower backup time.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you got the info that touch on Optimus isn't good, first confirm if its Optimus or Optimus One. yes, even O1 have some problem. XDA forum have many threads running where the members mentioned that touch on O1 lags a bit. this maybe cause of the slow processor (600Mhz) on O1.

rsk11584

Journeyman
The main reason why I bought samsung 551 was it had a qwerty physical keyboard so as I am always used to type on keyboards not at all times its comfotable to use the touch screen (at least for me) and to use touch screen your hand needs to be clean at all times, else even if its greasy, oily touchscreen will look bad, so for me a physical keyboard option was good. Going by this forum here many people own LG optimus one, rarely could find a samsung galaxy 551 owner,,, from my two days of owership all i can tell that samsung 551 is a good phone and till now i havent explored all its features, as even I am new to android. People have rooted their phones and installed apps, games stuffs etc i am not that much techie, expert,,, , i just used wifi to surf net and download some apps, wifi speed is good, gps navigation is also good, after watching the review tried to open youtube video in my samsung 551 browser and it came out very powerful and clear, the wifi router was in another room, about 25 feet away bounded by walls, so guess the flash support should not be an issue... provided you have strong wifi signal,,

Only thing which needs to be considered while buying android phones is the internal memory a high internal memory will give option of installing lots of apps, appstosd will only give choice of transferring some apps to sd card, and to install apps on sd card by default,, you need to root the phone, do some extra techie job....

The earlier phones used to have a loud speaker it used to shatter, now all new phones have limited volume, you cant try to blast the mobile speaker ;)

asheesh gupta

Right off the assembly line
I am also torn between the two. LG is not really known for smartphones and so I am wondering if that alone should tilt the balance in favor of 551.

OP
P

pranavalw

Broken In
I am also torn between the two. LG is not really known for smartphones and so I am wondering if that alone should tilt the balance in favor of 551.

Asheesh I am myself confused, there are many positive and negative points about both the phone. So its really hard to decide

Top Bottom