Android phone under 15000 rs

Jay1234

Journeyman
I am Planing to buy a android phone within a budget of 15000 inr What is the best phone according to u??? 15k phone for my Dad
Hi,
Planning to get a phone for my Dad. Please see the requirements :
1. Budget? 15k
2. Display type and size? min 4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? No preference
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. min 5MP,AF,Flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G+Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? All
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Phone,Gaming,Music,Photography,video, internet and applications
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Canvas HD, Xolo Q800,LG Optimus L9, samsung advance
12. Any other info that you want to share Planning to buy this t month. Any good deals or any new releases

This is going to be his first smart phone.

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I am Planing to buy a android phone within a budget of 15000 inr What is the best phone according to u??? 15k phone for my Dad
Hi,
Planning to get a phone for my Dad. Please see the requirements :
1. Budget? 15k
2. Display type and size? min 4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? No preference
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. min 5MP,AF,Flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G+Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? All
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Phone,Gaming,Music,Photography,video, internet and applications
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Canvas HD, Xolo Q800,LG Optimus L9, samsung advance
12. Any other info that you want to share Planning to buy this t month. Any good deals or any new releases

This is going to be his first smart phone.

IMO, For a first time smartphone user, WP8 makes more sense than Android. Because, not all smartphone users wants to mess with their smartphone. There is no point in buying a Android phone and not customizing or rooting it.

anyway, If you want to stick with android, Galaxy S Advance is what you want. If you can extend your budget by a bit, then wait for Xperia L.

nikufellow

In the zone
IMO, For a first time smartphone user, WP8 makes more sense than Android. Because, not all smartphone users wants to mess with their smartphone. There is no point in buying a Android phone and not customizing or rooting it.

anyway, If you want to stick with android, Galaxy S Advance is what you want. If you can extend your budget by a bit, then wait for Xperia L.

+100 Rightly said. From a feature phone to smartphone jumpers perspective there'll be nothing much he/she'll be missing with wp8 on the contrary there's lots to gain

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
I am getting Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 For Rs. 13,050
Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 Price in India on May 09, 2013, Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com
& LG Optimus L9 For Rs. 15,921
LG Optimus L9 Price in India on May 09, 2013, Optimus L9 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com
So is Lg l9 Worth spending 3000 Rs Please do reply THANX

pratyush997

Inactive
Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 Price in India on May 09, 2013, Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com
LG Optimus L9 Price in India on May 09, 2013, Optimus L9 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com
Yup, get l9

shreymittal

Being Human

Yes it worth every penny you spend but in 15K more than that goes to Xperia L

Check out HTC desire X

You serious Desire X in front of LG L9 :facepalm:

*versusio.com/en/lg-optimus-l9-vs-htc-desire-x

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Apply "FLASH0905" coupon & get 12% discount on indiatimes till today midnight.

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
is there any other thinkdigit user other than shreymittal who can confirm about lags after upgrading to jelly bean ???

doom

Journeyman
Q800 or mmx hd? Id say both are good on paper, never tried one myself, but maybe will buy one in the coming time.
If you want a 5" screen the mmx else q800.
Or if you want windows, then Id say lumia 620

Cilus

laborare est orare
My vote is for XOLO Q800. Purchased the phone two week back and loving it. regarding Micromax Canvas HD, plenty of models are suffering from varaity of bugs in the OS. Sudden restarting and Network Freeze are the most common ones. The restarting problem was present in the model tested by DIGIT. On the other hand, the XOLO Q800 does not have any such issues with its stock rom and the phone also looks and feels better than Micromax model. Also it offers better Camera quality compared to Canvas HD, compared them both side by side.
One main thing to consider while purchasing Phones from Indian Vendors: Open source support. These companies are not exactly capable enough to release software updates in regular intervals to fix the glitches present in the phone and you need to chose the model which does have better Open source support in different Online Android Build forums like XDA. XOLO Q800 does have an excellent support, all the rooting methods with CWM and TWRP recovery installation methods have been released and it actually has a dedicated forum for it. You will find a ANDROID 4.2.1 based Rom for it which is having Sony Bravia Engine, HTC Beats Audio Plugin, Dolby Mobile Plugin, Experia Acid Audio Engine and walkman software preinstalled. The sound quality and display quality have been enhanced a lot after I updated my phone with it.
Here is the link to the foprum, go through the posts:- Welcome to Android Jugaad Forums| - Rooting, Roms & Customization

doom

Journeyman
^^ Thank you for this information, I'll definitely keep this in mind while deciding for my phone later on.

Top Bottom