1. Budget?
20k max (can extend to 1k to 2k)
2. Display type and size?
4.0 inch
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
HTC,Samsung,Sony (Apple may be..)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
atleast 8 MP, led falsh, front camera.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G,wifi(hdmi if possible)
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS,Flash etc.....(Android apps is quite ok for me)
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
internet,camera,music,games
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia P, Samsung Galaxy S2...haven't use HTC so don't know about it...also looking at Iphone 4 8gb (is it worth it for 25k)
12. Any other info that you want to share
Good battery back up in running apps, have use Xperia U and battery drains like anything,small screen and also 5 MP camera not that good....

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
if you dont want to install / run custom roms then get a iphone 4s. It has better optimization then all the other phones you mentioned, and out of all of the options you mentioned it has the best battery backup.

as anandtech says it :

The battery life offered by the iPhone 4 is spectacular. My iPhone 3GS could hardly get through a full day of work while traveling, I'd always need to hunt for an outlet before heading into my dinner meeting. I'm about to take my first trip with the iPhone 4 but I get the feeling that I might finally be able to make it through dinner.

Early reports of 20 and 30 hours of battery life are simply exaggerated. They're only possible if you let the phone idle in your pocket for the majority of that time. In other words, if you don't use the phone it lasts for a long time. While that's a testament to the platform's incredible idle power, the real world usage is good enough to stand on its own. It's better than any iPhone or Android phone I've tested thus far.

the screen is only 3.5inches but its 326ppi....

the other thing is that you cant buy a gs2 in <20k.

have a look at the indepth review here :

*www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/1

if you do want a android phone with very very good support for custom roms, id strongly suggest get a gs2 and dont look anywhere else. believe me its worth the extra money.

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
I think you can also go for HTC Sensation XE.. its has got really good reviews.. for instance you can check from ppl using it from flipkart.

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
if you dont want to install / run custom roms then get a iphone 4. It has better optimization then all the other phones you mentioned, and out of all of the options you mentioned it has the best battery backup.

as anandtech says it :

the screen is only 3.5inches but its 326ppi....

the other thing is that you cant buy a gs2 in <20k.

have a look at the indepth review here :

AnandTech - Apple's iPhone 4: Thoroughly Reviewed

if you do want a android phone with very very good support for custom roms, id strongly suggest get a gs2 and dont look anywhere else. believe me its worth the extra money.
Thank you for your reply......I will go to the store and check for the same, what about Xperia P and S2 is quite old don't you think so????

I think you can also go for HTC Sensation XE.. its has got really good reviews.. for instance you can check from ppl using it from flipkart.

Thanks I will also check for the device today itself....

vihaan

Broken In
1. Budget?
20k max (can extend to 1k to 2k)
2. Display type and size?
4.0 inch
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
HTC,Samsung,Sony (Apple may be..)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
atleast 8 MP, led falsh, front camera.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G,wifi(hdmi if possible)
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS,Flash etc.....(Android apps is quite ok for me)
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
internet,camera,music,games
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Xperia P, Samsung Galaxy S2...haven't use HTC so don't know about it...also looking at Iphone 4 8gb (is it worth it for 25k)
12. Any other info that you want to share
Good battery back up in running apps, have use Xperia U and battery drains like anything,small screen and also 5 MP camera not that good....

Just shut ur eyes n go for the optimus l9.
Best specs for the price, 4.7 inch ips+ screen, awesmm battery( mine lasts for 2 days wid moderate usage like youtube, mails, calls, and little gaming wid 3g on ) , decent cam wid 1080p, optimus ui roxx and is very smooth n stable.
And gr8 price too!!

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
rofl. in the tech world, anything which has been around for more than 5 minutes is old .... but yeah... totally agree on the pricing front ...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Just shut ur eyes n go for the optimus l9.
Best specs for the price, 4.7 inch ips+ screen, awesmm battery( mine lasts for 2 days wid moderate usage like youtube, mails, calls, and little gaming wid 3g on ) , decent cam wid 1080p, optimus ui roxx and is very smooth n stable.
And gr8 price too!!

Agreed 200 % at 18k it absolutely is "the" best smartphone right now with powerful sgx 540 gpu !

Have you tried running multiple apps or playing games? It runs smooth?

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
The snappy dual core combined with 1gb ram and best in its class at 18k sgx 540 gpu speaks for themselves, in short yes it won't let you down !
To make it a bit easy for you, just check most online shops, the L9 has sold like hot cakes and is outta stock on most sites which speakes for itself !

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
The snappy dual core combined with 1gb ram and best in its class at 18k sgx 540 gpu speaks for themselves, in short yes it won't let you down !
To make it a bit easy for you, just check most online shops, the L9 has sold like hot cakes and is outta stock on most sites which speakes for itself !

LOL. 1Ghz dual core A9 + 540 gpu.. is this a joke? a good phone in this range is the galaxy s advance.. with mali 400mp..

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 Galaxy S2 if you can find it under 20k. (blows away competition.)

Xolo X900

Lg optimus L9 (1 gb ram!! )

LOL. 1Ghz dual core A9 + 540 gpu.. is this a joke? a good phone in this range is the galaxy s advance.. with mali 400mp..

GPU performance:

Position GPU
1 Nvidia ULP GeForce (12core)
2 ARM Mali 400MP (QuadCore)
3 PowerVR SGX 540
4 Qualcomm Adreno 220
5 ARM Mali 400 (singlecore)
6 PowerVR SGX 531
7 Qualcomm Adreno 203
8 Qualcomm Adreno 205
9 Broadcom VideoCore 4
10 Qualcomm Adreno 200 (enchanced)
11 ARM Mali 300

Check it out @NoahsArcAngel.

the only the quadcore Mali is better than the 540..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

S Advanced has the same NovaThor chipset as Xperia U/Go/Sola/P hence it is Mali 400 single core, not quadcore. obviously higher clocked but can't go against SGX540. S2 has quadcore Mali 400 i.e. 400MP

aroraanant

Explorer
SV was available at ebay for around 19k and if any coupon works on that then it is worth I think.
I haven't seen any Huawei phone so can't say much about that, even I am yet to get my hands on L9

Top Bottom