1. Big Capacitative screen.
2. 5 mp or > camera.
3. GPS with map (as I travel a lot )
4. FM radio/ Media player.
5. Ease of texting/ e-mails/ f.b.:?:

Thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
3" screen vs 3.7" screen. also double the resolution + superb build quality. slider not smooth + noise during HD recording or so (got complain here). also a lousy battery will give excellent backup now, terrible backup within a year (just a guess).

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Why Android?

There is brand new Samsung Focus available on Ebay.in for 13.3k... It has a 4" Super-Amoled display, 1 GHz processor, 5 MP camera and 720p video recording... It is very fluid and smooth, and excellent built quality...

It runs on Windows Phone 7... And it is going to get the new Mango update too...

Why don't you think about that phone? It is totally value for money...

*cdn.pocketnow.com/html/portal/news/0000012726//inhand1.jpg

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
+1 for Defy.

+ 480x854 pixel Gorilla Glass Display (265 dpi)
+ 2GB Internal memory (corrected, thanks Sam)
+ Dust proof
+ Water resistant

- Only Eclair, no Gingerbread (at least yet)
- Not so much a negative point: 800MHz TI OMAP3610 Cortex-A8 processor

These two negatives are addressed in the forthcoming Defy+, but (if and when it comes) will cost around 18k.

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
actually thats 2Gb is memory card. all Android mobile bundles a 2Gb card nowadays.

Froyo, not Eclair.

It is internal 2GB Memory only: GSM Arena

and Motorola India and Univercell both state it comes with Eclair, though it can be updated to Froyo.

OP
S

Suman

Broken In
Defy looks good. As I travel a lot, hope the GPS works fine & the maps for cities are helpful. Looking forward for your advice on the same. What's the price right now??

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
15.4k at Letsbuy

15.4k at Flipkart

Like Sam said, both these store have listed Defy comes with Froyo. Both free shipping and free Jabra BT Headset.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
using coupon it comes down to 14.4k on letsbuy.
and yes 2gb internal(not memory card).
800mhz proc which is underclocked(same one as on galaxy sl), you can overclock it till 1.2 ghz.
it comes with froyo. but there are lots of custom gingerbread roms.

samudragupta

Youngling
Thanks guys!! Is there something with all these features in an SE phone & within 15 k??
You can look at the SE X10 with 4' screen or W8 walkman series phone. However the W8 has a 3' screen and 3.15mp camera. Else i think its a good walkman android phone...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The battery backup is worst with the original X10, you will need to carry s charger with you to use this phone. Thats why this phone is selling dirt cheap, if you google more you will get much cheaper rate.

If you want to struggle for bad experience, and keep running for battery/charger go for this phone. Awesome buy.

Else, look for other options period

Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman Review

Pros

1. Comfortable to hold

2. Generally good performance

3. Fantastic inbuilt speaker

4. Good pair of In Ear earphones bundled

Cons

1. Average battery life

2. Android 2.1

3. Lack of equalizers in the OS

4. Poor camera

Conclusion:

To wrap things up, we liked the Sony Ericsson Xperia W8 Walkman for being a simple to use entry-level smartphone and for coming with a pair of nice earphones out of the box. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much backing up its Walkman brand, let alone bring it back to life. The Xperia W8 is an easy way of joining the Android team, but the aging Android 2.1 Eclair version that it comes with will simply not give you the full potential of the platform. We would only recommend getting one if you are a music lover who needs an affordable smartphone that can double as an audio player. The LG Optimus One, the HTC Wildfire S and the Samsung GALAXY Gio seem like great alternatives to the Xperia W8.

source source

bond_bhai

Broken In
What about Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i?

Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

You get Andriod 2.3, 1GHz Proc, 5MP camera. What do you guys think? If we have to choose b/w Defy and Sony SK17i, which one is better?

Top Bottom