Android May Have a Hindi Version Soon!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Android May Have a Hindi Version Soon!

*www.techieask.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/android-hindi.jpg

Rumors are flying that Samsung and Google are deliberating over a Hindi version of the Android operating system. The operating system is currently available in Chinese and almost all the principal European languages, but the operating system is not available in Hindi, even though it is one of the hottest selling smartphone operating systems in the country.

Commenting on this, Asim Warsi, the marketing director of Samsung said that since Android was a third party they did not have much control on its decision making process, but they were in talks with Google to have a Hindi version of the OS. The outcome of these talks cannot be commented upon at this point of time because they are not in control of Android. At the same time, a Google spokesperson refused to comment on this and said that the company does not respond to rumors.

noob

Cyborg Agent
All i need is phone which can read hindi text in SMS or browser.

if they provide phone with hindi menus , they should also provide a choice to switch between the languages.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Of course the choice will be there! This is just like you have Language and Settings feature in Windows, and even Linux!
This is just to increase the market reach, and probably wont affect the people who want it only in English, except from some MB increase in size of the OS! :p

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
do we really need this?

would you use a "hindi" phone? i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.

and then there are French, German, Chinese and Japanese who insist on "everything" in their native language.

I know it is closed from your end, just saying.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
and then there are French, German, Chinese and Japanese who insist on "everything" in their native language.

I know it is closed from your end, just saying.

Yes. In fact, everyone apart from Indians insist on their native language to be honest.

Ishu Gupta said:
tbh people 'needing' hindi phones wouldn't be buying Android phones.
:rolleyes: Illiteracy (in English) is not the only reason anyone would want a Hindi/Local language phone. For god sake...

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yes. In fact, everyone apart from Indians insist on their native language to be honest.

:rolleyes: Illiteracy (in English) is not the only reason anyone would want a Hindi/Local language phone. For god sake...
You didn't notice the quotes around needing?
I never used the word want.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
do we really need this?

would you use a "hindi" phone? i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.

its simple to gain more consumers in hindi version also.

there is no point of debate why its releasing in Hindi...likewise it wasn't there when Nokia introduced Hindi fonts

clmlbx

Technomancer
tbh people 'needing' hindi phones wouldn't be buying Android phones.

+1

Not just because of illiteracy but as it will be smart phone and mostly people who want hindi have no idea what to do with that. yes, their are many show faces in India who will buy phones just becuase it is new n cool n will never use that phones for other then calling n texting..I don't believe but people do spend 30-40k for phone that they will only use for calling n texting.:shock:. But here many Indians also prefer the phones that r easy to use n not complicated..In easy tongue (bhai apne ko to aise phone chahiye jo chalane me aasaan ho, mast dkhta ho, aur videos aur music chal jaye. bas ) as texting n calling is obvious.

only good for them is that it might increase their business a little.

Last edited:
Top Bottom