Android Device for 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

soham

In the zone
Hey everyone,
I am looking forward to buying a HTC Incredible. I found it online on flipkart.com for a price of around 24.3k .. Will it be a good buy? I can't strecth my budget over 25k ... Also can I buy it at any store in Mumbai for a lesser price? thanks...
:razz:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would suggest you to just wait a bit, add a bit more money and get either HTC Sensation or SGSII.

I would pick Nexus S over I:S. N:S is available for some 19.5k and the only thing that is better in I:S is the camera. and I don't think you need to pay 4k-5k extra just for that.

dharmil007

Journeyman
@ ^^^^
well said.
Incredible S is a poor choice over Nexus S.

& rather then going for Sensation go for SGS2.

iTs currently the best ANDROID PHONE IN THE MARKET THATS AVAILABLE.
moreover Sensation is which is called to be a flagship fone of hTC is suffering from a lots of issues {TouchScreen issue, WiFi issue, camera iSSue & waht not}

hTC SensaTion Death Grip

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Wat about LG Optimus 2x ? its available for <25k afaik.

only for those who are ready to load a custom ROM the moment they get the phone. the factory ROM is extremely buggy. many reviews blasted LG for putting a ROM that crashes apps, hangs the UI, lags like hell. The ROM totally negated the amount of power that the phone's h/w packed.

mail2abhi81

Broken In
Can we expect a price cut for the HTC I:S? I think 24k is still high for ithe device. 22k should be the ideal price.

so any chance the IS is lowered>

aroraanant

Explorer
Incredible S is an awesome phone...if u r thinking of buying then go for it,u won't regret ur decison I m sure about it.
Nexus S can't even be compare to it.
Incredible S and Sensation are the best phones of HTC.
Earlier it was sold for 26k approx and now it is being sold for 24k that means it price is already lowered down by 2k.And I must say it is worth it.
If u can spend 28K then you can go for HTC Sensation.
Have heard that SGSII is also very good but it has a manufacturing defect that is some yellow screen issue though I personally haven't got my hands on SGSII so can't say much about it

sygeek

Technomancer
I would suggest you to just wait a bit, add a bit more money and get either HTC Sensation or SGSII.

I would pick Nexus S over I:S. N:S is available for some 19.5k and the only thing that is better in I:S is the camera. and I don't think you need to pay 4k-5k extra just for that.
I would buy Incredible S over Nexus S and SGSII over Incredible S, budget being expanded respectively.

HTC Incredible S isn't a bad phone, at least if you compare it with Nexus S, it's great! Even the reviews refer that the phone is "incredible, as it's name". I've used the phone, and it's pretty responsive, the HTC Sense UI is pretty awesome and overall, the features are worthwhile.

Provided the OP can extend his budget to SGSII, I would HIGHLY recommend Incredible S.

Personally, I recommend you at least try the phone in a shop or something.

My final suggestion: Incredible S, Buy IT!

Digit's reviews

Last edited:

dharmil007

Journeyman
Incredible S is an awesome phone...if u r thinking of buying then go for it,u won't regret ur decison I m sure about it.
Earlier it was sold for 26k approx and now it is being sold for 24k that means it price is already lowered down by 2k.And I must say it is worth it.
Have heard that SGSII is also very good but it has a manufacturing defect that is some yellow screen issue though I personally haven't got my hands on SGSII so can't say much about it

Keep ur hTC fanboism to YourSelf & do not spread it to others here.
& pls dont give wrong suggestions to people.

iF u are a die-fan of hTC & to anyOne suggesting any crap hTC phone, then u should also keep all the news regarding hTC malfunctioning
even if u cant keep up with the news then atleast open ur eyes & read what other users have posted.

i had posted few posts back {i suppose, which u have neglected} that hTC Sensation is a ugly fone & piece of crap made by hTC which they call thier flagShip fone.
upon releasing it has so many issues to deal with, that hTC is fed up of it & not giving any Solutions :) :) :) :) :).

sygeek

Technomancer

Keep ur hTC fanboism to YourSelf & do not spread it to others here.
& pls dont give wrong suggestions to people.

iF u are a die-fan of hTC & to anyOne suggesting any crap hTC phone, then u should also keep all the news regarding hTC malfunctioning
even if u cant keep up with the news then atleast open ur eyes & read what other users have posted.

i had posted few posts back {i suppose, which u have neglected} that hTC Sensation is a ugly fone & piece of crap made by hTC which they call thier flagShip fone.
upon releasing it has so many issues to deal with, that hTC is fed up of it & not giving any Solutions :) :) :) :) :).
Keep your HTC hateboism to yourself, and stop spreading idiotic misconceptions. Just because it sucks for you doesn't mean that it will be the same for everyone. If you can't come up with good reviews/suggestions, please don't bother with such posts.

dharmil007

Journeyman
Keep your HTC hateboism to yourself, and stop spreading idiotic misconceptions.

what is idiotic misconceptions made by me acc. to u???
& i do not hate hTC, its just like hTC sensation has so many issues right now, still he is suggesting that fone

sygeek

Technomancer
& i do not hate hTC, its just like hTC sensation has so many issues right now, still he is suggesting that fone
Let the OP decide, everyone has different opinions and you need to respect it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

For God's sake, verify the facts before saying anything!

1. N:S and I:S have 4" S-LCD (in India) but the oleophobic coating and the curved display makes N:S smudge free and gives better touch sensitivity.
2. 3-axis gyro sensor in N:S gives that extra edge for gaming
3. 16gig internal storage for N:S while you get 1.1GB in I:S (no microSD slot though for I:S but given the 16gig on board, very few would need a microSD slot)
4. I:S has 256MB more RAM
5. I:S trumps N:S in camera department with better front and rear cameras
6. Hummingbird SoC on N:S is any day better than snapdragon on I:S
7. Most importantly, the N:S will always gets the updates first and it's a pure Google experience phone. No overlay UI, no useless pre-installed extras.
8. Thanks to the vanilla UI, the battery life is much better on N:S
9. N:S is 4.3k cheaper than I:S. You know, I can buy an IEM like NE6 or M3 (possibly, along with a quality headphone amp along with N:S and may still pay less than what I have to pay just for I:S).
10. Flawless audio quality on N:S. All you need is one perfect IEM and you will be surprised at the audio quality. The frequency response is absolutely flat across the map (as shown by gsmarena). I:S on the other hand, like most HTC phones, has okayish quality.

So, please tell me, how did you decide that N:S can't even be compared to I:S?

PS: put your fanboyism aside. if you can't, this is not a place for you. There are some HTC forums. Go and do raindance there.And btw, are you aware of death grip, touch screen issues and data connectivity issues for HTC Sensation?

let me handle these fanboys. You may go maantal (picked from ZNMD) if you do not have enough experience handling fanboys. :)

Keep your HTC hateboism to yourself, and stop spreading idiotic misconceptions. Just because it sucks for you doesn't mean that it will be the same for everyone. If you can't come up with good reviews/suggestions, please don't bother with such posts.

buddy, Sensation does have issues and they are not isolated incidents. dharmil is just responding to misguided posts done by that HTC fanboy.

Can we expect a price cut for the HTC I:S? I think 24k is still high for ithe device. 22k should be the ideal price.

so any chance the IS is lowered>

I don't see it happening anytime soon. Trust me sir, These are the most VFM droids that you can get in India (under warranty):

1. LG Optimus One
2. Motorola Defy for 14.k5k-15.5k
3. Google Nexus S for 19.9k
4. LG Optimus 2X for 25.5k (given that you are ready to put a custom ROM on it. That Tegra SoC powering this phone can be the future king. Tegra Zone – Discover and Get the Best Games for Android and Tegra-Powered Devices)
5. SGS II (the most powerful phone you can get)

Other good devices:

1. HTC W:S
2. HTC D:S
3. HTC I:S
4. SE Xperia Arc

My suggestion: N:S + Brainwavz M3

sygeek

Technomancer
For God's sake, verify the facts before saying anything!

1. N:S and I:S have 4" S-LCD (in India) but the oleophobic coating and the curved display makes N:S smudge free and gives better touch sensitivity.
2. 3-axis gyro sensor in N:S gives that extra edge for gaming
3. 16gig internal storage for N:S while you get 1.1GB in I:S (no microSD slot though for I:S but given the 16gig on board, very few would need a microSD slot)
4. I:S has 256MB more RAM
5. I:S trumps N:S in camera department with better front and rear cameras
6. Hummingbird SoC on N:S is any day better than snapdragon on I:S
7. Most importantly, the N:S will always gets the updates first and it's a pure Google experience phone. No overlay UI, no useless pre-installed extras.
8. Thanks to the vanilla UI, the battery life is much better on N:S
9. N:S is 3k cheaper than I:S
10. Flawless audio quality on N:S. All you need is one perfect IEM and you will be surprised at the audio quality. The frequency response is absolutely flat across the map (as shown by gsmarena). I:S on the other hand, like most HTC phones, has okayish quality.
Well, that's a nice comparison.

But I guess it gets unfair when you compare a stock android phone with others, even with SGSII. Mostly because the difference you get is
  • no extensive UI,
  • no bloated apps
  • more responsiveness (keeping the RAM in mind) and,
  • more battery life.
  • Adding to that, updates reach such devices first, because you don't have to customize a lot to get it working under the phone.
But all of those come with a catch.

Firstly, if someone isn't a pure android experience fan, you get less features (software wise) and a not-so-good UI. Of course it is customizable (say, by installing softwares) but then you're coming over to what you skipped the other phones. Once you start installing multiple softwares to customize the phone, you'll soon notice the battery life gets down to the same level (not applicable in all cases).

Overlay UIs aren't bad at all, if you know what I'm talking about (HTC Sense), it makes them incomparable with the plain UI of stock android phones. Of course, this again comes with a catch of less battery life, but unless someone isn't much of a fan of battery life, it makes the experience GREAT! But if the battery life isn't satisfactory, sadly, you need to root the phone. But the great thing here is, some users prefer rooting the phone.

Now, the MAJOR features you get with stock android phones are,
  • more battery life,
  • no bloated apps,
  • plain and smooth UI and,
  • faster updates.

While, the major features you get with other phones are,
  • great UI,
  • more features (software-wise),
  • improved android applications/features and,
  • more applications inbuilt to the phone (by the company), which some users prefer.
  • also, one can root the phone if some of the features aren't satisfactory and get the preferable experience (this is also applicable to stock android phones but it doesn't make sense to root the phone if you prefer pure android experience in the first place).

What matters now is the user's final preference, is it pure android experience (with <above> advantages) or is it better UI and more features (with the <above> catch).

buddy, Sensation does have issues and they are not isolated incidents. dharmil is just responding to misguided posts done by that HTC fanboy.
I was annoyed at the way he addressed to those posts, he needs to respect his opinion for the least, but of course he could have gone against his post in a more brief and professional way.

Keeping in mind the VFM, sensation does give you less bang for the buck. It's better if someone goes for SGSII or the above 2 phones over it.

Other good devices:
1. HTC W:S
2. HTC D:S
3. HTC I:S
4. SE Xperia Arc
I would have kept I:S at top here, but then, it's your opinion :)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Well, that's a nice comparison.

Firstly, if someone isn't a pure android experience fan, you get less features (software wise) and a not-so-good UI. Of course it is customizable (say, by installing softwares) but then you're coming over to what you skipped the other phones. Once you start installing multiple softwares to customize the phone, you'll soon notice the battery life gets down to the same level (not applicable in all cases).

There are enough launchers and UI tools (launcher pro etc) that brings the necessary overlay UI to the device and these come with preconfigured layouts. coming to battery life, I don't think it will come down to the same level. If you haven't noticed till now, the SenseUI itself, however good it is, consumes lot of battery life (thanks to many background processes that you cannot stop or apps that you cannot remove).

Overlay UIs aren't bad at all, if you know what I'm talking about (HTC Sense), it makes them incomparable with the plain UI of stock android phones. Of course, this again comes with a catch of less battery life, but unless someone isn't much of a fan of battery life, it makes the experience GREAT! But if the battery life isn't satisfactory, sadly, you need to root the phone. But the great thing here is, some users prefer rooting the phone.

Am not saying that Overlay UIs are bad. I have seen many many, who, after trying the vanilla UI, never go back to the factory UI. And for this, they had to root the phone, install ROMs that come with these tiny bugs. In the case of N:S, you get the pefect vanilla UI and you build your own env on top of it by using widely used apps/launchers/tools. When

Now, the MAJOR features you get with stock android phones are,

While, the major features you get with other phones are,
  • great UI, <--- can be attained on droids with plain UI too.
  • more features (software-wise), <--- same as above
  • improved android applications/features and, <--- how?
  • more applications inbuilt to the phone (by the company), which some users prefer.<---most of these are part of vanilla droids too and those that are provided extra can be installed from the market (or similar apps can be installed)
  • also, one can root the phone if some of the features aren't satisfactory and get the preferable experience (this is also applicable to stock android phones but it doesn't make sense to root the phone if you prefer pure android experience in the first place).

I was annoyed at the way he addressed to those posts, he needs to respect his opinion for the least, but of course he could have gone against his post in a more brief and professional way.
Did you ever come across a fanboy who would accept that there are better products from other brands when he is told politely? :D

Keeping in mind the VFM, sensation does give you less bang for the buck. It's better if someone goes for SGSII or the above 2 phones over it.

Even I liked Sensation over SGS II (especially the build quality and brand value) but then the issues are making me not to suggest it to anyone. Just go through this riddddiculously long thread and you will understand: [SOLUTION][PETITION]Touchscreen Not Responsive - Page 68 - xda-developers

I have used HTC Legend and I know how good SenseUI but at the same time, I know how better than vanilla ROM is, especially when it comes to preserving battery life and lag-free UI. I still remember how sluggish the conversation app used to get when the conversation goes to hundreds of texts long. And when I installed 3rd party sms app, the default HTC app used to come in the way and there i no way to remove it unless you root the phone and remove the app.

and here is the list of 'beautiful' ROMs developed for N:S [REF] Complete List of Roms | Kernels | Rooting/Other Guides for Nexus S (GSM) - xda-developers

Note: do not try the NexusSense ROM (seriously buggy)

sygeek

Technomancer
There are enough launchers and UI tools (launcher pro etc) that brings the necessary overlay UI to the device and these come with preconfigured layouts. coming to battery life, I don't think it will come down to the same level. If you haven't noticed till now, the SenseUI itself, however good it is, consumes lot of battery life (thanks to many background processes that you cannot stop or apps that you cannot remove).
I agree, you can improve the UI, but it still won't be comparable with other interfaces like HTC Sense.

Am not saying that Overlay UIs are bad. I have seen many many, who, after trying the vanilla UI, never go back to the factory UI. And for this, they had to root the phone, install ROMs that come with these tiny bugs. In the case of N:S, you get the pefect vanilla UI and you build your own env on top of it by using widely used apps/launchers/tools.
That's personal preference, mostly by people who don't care/prefer the catch.

can be attained on droids with plain UI too.
Again, not comparable with UI like HTC Sense :)

Did you ever come across a fanboy who would accept that there are better products from other brands when he is told politely? :D
But..did you read this particular user's post? It was rather immature and rude.

Even I liked Sensation over SGS II (especially the build quality and brand value) but then the issues are making me not to suggest it to anyone. Just go through this riddddiculously long thread and you will understand: [SOLUTION][PETITION]Touchscreen Not Responsive - Page 68 - xda-developers
SGSII is actually a great buy (at least for me)! All through this way, I'm not saying that stock android phones suck, I actually prefer them over other phones near the same price range. But when it comes over SGSII, I would only buy N:S only if someone decreases my budget by 10K.

I have used HTC Legend and I know how good SenseUI but at the same time, I know how better than vanilla ROM is, especially when it comes to preserving battery life and lag-free UI. I still remember how sluggish the conversation app used to get when the conversation goes to hundreds of texts long. And when I installed 3rd party sms app, the default HTC app used to come in the way and there i no way to remove it unless you root the phone and remove the app.
Yup, this depends. HTC Sense or other such UIs are not worth in low-end android phones. Manufacturers should rather keep it as a plain customizable android experience, i.e., pure android. But when it comes to high-end phones, I'll happily prefer the opposite.

and here is the list of 'beautiful' ROMs developed for N:S [REF] Complete List of Roms | Kernels | Rooting/Other Guides for Nexus S (GSM) - xda-developers
Thanks for the list :)

Note: do not try the NexusSense ROM (seriously buggy)
I'm aware, though, thanks for the heads up.

dharmil007

Journeyman
But..did you read this particular user's post? It was rather immature and rude.

nopes
that wasnt immature & rude
i had to talk like that in that language otherWise he woudnt understand .

'coz inspite of telling in previous post about the problems in hTC sensation, still he is recommending ? ?

seriously man, what was the need ???

sygeek

Technomancer
nopes
that wasnt immature & rude
i had to talk like that in that language otherWise he woudnt understand .

'coz inspite of telling in previous post about the problems in hTC sensation, still he is recommending ? ?

seriously man, what was the need ???
As I said, it's his personal preference and this is yours. If you're against it (his opinion), do so in a more professional manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom