Android application data sync in Firefox

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have disabled auto sync in my Android phone.

I have been using Firefox sync since the beginning happily. However it looks like the newer version of Firefox sync uses this auto sync setting for syncing its data.

How can I setup my phone so that only Firefox is allowed to auto sync and no one else is?

I have rooted my phone and am on 4.3 Jelly Bean (being insistently pestered by Sony to update to 4.4)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, first disabling Auto Sync is not recommended. Since it auto syncs contacts, mails etc. Which is highly conveinient. I hope you have a good reason to disable it.
Secondly, you can goto Settings, and under Accounts section, you can disable only google sync and enable syncing for other applications.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am paranoid ;) do not want the internet to know everything about me. More so Google. (probably futile anyway)

[RANT]
I have begun to be really really worried since Google started to remember me even when I was logged out in my desktop browser. I am doing some random search and suddenly I notice that there is something about Google Plus in the top right showing my name! It seems now I have to maintain a cookie to opt out of this "feature".
[/RANT]

Top Bottom