And the best free antivirus is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
Try BitDefender v8 Pro Plus,It has got AntiVirus,AntiSpam,Firewall and a very good Real Time Scanner.Try it out.
*www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/products.php?p_id=25

iinfi

mekalodu
well hi everybody
i think Avast from Alwil is the best bet ...
its fast improving its freeware version
regards
arvind.

Onkar Joshi

Broken In
Try the "Eicar AV Test" to test how effective your Resident Shield is. A test virus,which does nothing,is present in a file to be downloaded. A standard test recognized by all AV products. Use this to test if your Resident Protection is effective.

Download links are present on this page -> *www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

Please post your results over here too alongwith the product you are using.

I was using AVG 6.0 Free Edition

.com file - detected by Resident Shield
.txt, .zip files - detected when a manual scan was initiated

Eager_Beever

Broken In
In my opinion, not a single Anti virus can guarantee against all viruses even if updated regularly. You have to use more than one for a complete safeguard. I used to use AVG, but now am using Kaspersky (not FREE), and Panda.

Nikita7JS

Right off the assembly line
And The Best Antivirus Is...

AVG is ruling................
Not others.....................................................
But I've installed McAfee Internet Security which I got for free. :)

iinfi

mekalodu
swatkat said:
Try BitDefender v8 Pro Plus,It has got AntiVirus,AntiSpam,Firewall and a very good Real Time Scanner.Try it out.
*www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/products.php?p_id=25

is this a freeware??

iinfi

mekalodu
Eager_Beever said:
In my opinion, not a single Anti virus can guarantee against all viruses even if updated regularly. You have to use more than one for a complete safeguard. I used to use AVG, but now am using Kaspersky (not FREE), and Panda.

if u meant running 2 anti-virus at the same time on a PC .. i think it is not a gr8 idea....
2 anti-viruses will conflict with each other

girish_b

Journeyman
surely they will. cause when we are installing one , it detects any other Av previously installed and . recommends us to remove it.

BTW i am using Avast and found no problem with it.

Elitecoder

Broken In
AntiVir is cool dude.
Just go for it.
its above even AVG and kapersky.
and my experience says that.
bbye and take care.
Elitecoder

Charley

Just Do It
Elitecoder said:
AntiVir is cool dude.
Just go for it.
its above even AVG and kapersky.
and my experience says that.
bbye and take care.
Elitecoder

Why post twice ???

Antivir doesnt have real time scanner for email. Is there any other which has it like AVG which detects the email settings automatically.

The softwares opinions should be based on Avast, Antivir.

Decius

Broken In
Avast Home is pretty gud. I m using it, found no probs whatsoever, not resource hogging, has variety of options, resident shield, network shield, p2p shield, IM shield etc. Updates AV definitions daily. A decent AV that absolutely FREE !!

KoRn

In the zone
Avast is good.but i kinda wanna download avg since 90% of u guys suggest its da best.is it free to donload da full version.or should i stick to avast!

Hey how do u activate the various shields in avast or is it automatic cuz i use ares(p2p),and i dunno if avst scans all the downloaded files.

Charley

Just Do It
Right , first dont post twice

and

when u install the software select the custom option where u can find the two options of web activation and bat where both have to be checked.

Then in the Avast setting u can enable all the protections availble.

AVAST is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom