Piyush

Lanaya
This game os not at all scary I have played both dead space 2 and amnesia . Amnesia is like a psyco game plays with your mind and dead space 2 is about freeky things come in front of u all of a sudden and freeky gf of isac is the last boss .

well did you check the game requirements correctly
IIRC it was
play the game in night with lights turned off and sound via headphones instead of speakers
apart from h/w requirements

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This game os not at all scary I have played both dead space 2 and amnesia . Amnesia is like a psyco game plays with your mind and dead space 2 is about freeky things come in front of u all of a sudden and freeky gf of isac is the last boss .

Ever used Spoiler tags before?

Last edited:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Amnesia fairs very well in Horror genre games. I bet turning off lights and only headphones in a big empty room will make you shiver like anything.

rst

Youngling
amnesia has great horror environnment (darkness and sound effect)
plus you are helpless
you can't kill any monster
run away from them if you can
grunt_final.jpg

expecting amnesia 2 in 2013

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
reading this thread itself is giving me creeps.. wont play game at any cost :mad:

I feel HL series also scares the sh!t out of me :p , I hate aliens and zombies in games. (not so much in movies :p )

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I used to be scared of horror and violent games since I read the Read Me of Carmageddon 2. It stated that people have been known to choke and die while playing this game, since then I used to be scared. But now I am used to it and I can play any game without any problems.

PS: Never completed Amnesia though :p

Edit : Amnesia is good, but I still like Dead Space more.

rst

Youngling
I also like dead space,resident evil more than amnesia
Most people will prefer these games
But amnesia wins (when we talk about scary games)

Hrishi

Soon , I am going to join your league. [ Gonna buy a gaming machine .]
PS : I have played left 4 dead , it wasn''t scary at all.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Played the game back in college. Made a big mistake by overestimating my "bravery" and launching the game for the first time when the sun was setting and playing into the night. Big mistake. Alone in a room, this game can give any horror movie a run for its money and then some.

The disappointing part is that once you actually see the wraith and then get killed a big chunk of the fear factor is lost.

Play with earphones and alone. And if you are feeling especially brave then with the lights off. Also keep a note on the table saying that if you are found dead of cardiac arrest, then nobody be suspected of staged murder :D :p

I am already getting slightly uncomfortable just thinking of my experience :|

z3rO

Journeyman
reading this thread itself is giving me creeps.. wont play game at any cost :mad:

me too.. hehe.. reviews of this game had already scared me enough not to play it.. and further credit goes to this thread..

Last edited:

Renny

Padawan
Completed a second round of the game today, and its as scary as the first time round (even though you know what to expect).

Anyone played Justine? Played it for around 3 hours when I realized it doesn't have a save feature :-|

Hrishi

I will play it tonight. Alone , with IEM and in complete darkness.
If I don't post by tommorow , you know what might have happened.. :p

Top Bottom