amd64 mobo, cabinet, cooling, and power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxxee

Right off the assembly line
hi

i m plannin to buy a amd 64 based sys.

i would like to know good mobo with NForce3 based chipset from msi and gigabyte (priced under 8k).
also wat are the major differences between NForce3 and NForce3 Pro.

are there GeForce FX based graphics cards from gigabyte or msi priced under 4k?

what are the cpu cooling solutions available for amd 64 in India.

I hav seen lot of cabinets and power supplies on the net, but which of these r available in India.
most shops only stock mercury(kobian), zebronics and ibox. and antecs at 5k+ are way too expensive.
i am looking for a cabinet and 500W power supply solution which together should not exceed Rs.4000/-.

bye

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Nforce 3 mobos frm Asus mainly the K8N-E dlx costs arnd 9k+. MSI has the K8N-neo series while Gigagyte has the K8NNXP, no idea abt gigabyte's availability though.

The main diff between the nf3 pro and Nf3 is that the pro is meant for the socket 940 processors mainly the early fx series.

MSi has a Fx5200 with 64 bit memory bus for arnd 3.2k i think. Its better to go with a 128bit card.

Venus12 frm TT is available at prime abgb for 2.5k.

Go for a cabinet as per ur wish and dont get the psu that comes with it. get a addntl psu from powersafe for 1.5k for the 400W and 3k for the 500W model.

Rajesh_K

Broken In
If the DFI Lan party UT NForce 3 250gb is available in India, I'd suggest you get it.

It's got everything but video, and anyways, your getting a vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom