AMD X2 5000+ or Intel C2D 6320

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooocool

Right off the assembly line
AMD X2 5000+ costs around Rs 8050 (According to Deltapage.com)

Intel C2D 6320 is also around the same price

Which proc do you guys recommend?

And also which mobo (with onboard graphics) is best for both AMD and Intel proc's

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Tooocool
Go for 6320 only if u are an overclocker. At default clocks, the 5000+ easily beats the 6320.
And also consider the fact that AM2 mobos are lot cheaper that Intel's.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
though i hate to admit it, intel c2d processors are way better than amd processors. but, it just a matter of time. once amd takes out its range of quad cores...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well , considering the remaining components , AMD rulez :D .. plus at stock , the X2 5000+ will actually be on par or better than the E6320 , and run a lot cooler :D .. so i vote for X2 5200+ ..

But if u have intentions on oc;ing , then E6320 is the better one ... but then u'll need a good mobo , good ram and a good cpu cooler :p ..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Even DDR2 667 in dual channel in a AMD system with gud latency wud beat an Intel System with 800Mhz DDR2 dual in all memory based benchmarks.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
aravind_n20 said:
@Tooocool
Go for 6320 only if u are an overclocker. At default clocks, the 5000+ easily beats the 6320.
And also consider the fact that AM2 mobos are lot cheaper that Intel's.

yeah thats exactly true
for am2 570 ultra is a good buy..
in igp x1250 is best

performance of x1250 is equal to 570 ultra except gpu index..(for igp in x1250) performance is comparable for memory benchmarks and all other things

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well The C2Duo doesn't need a Decent CPU Cooler because they break record on default stock fan.Thats why its better than AMD.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
go for amd 500+ it runs cooler..gives better performance...& is very good value for money...if u r a heavy overclocer then only go for C2D...otherwise 5000+ is much better & its onboard graphics is much better than intels + is cheaper....

saggygenius

I M BACK , WITH A BANG
BTw E6320 is a good choice but why not put a 1K more for E6420 , which is a better processor than E6320 & it beats E6600 in ocing,
so its worth a buy,
E6420 costs 9.5K,

about the mobo
with C2D you should go for ASUS P5N e SLi costs 7000Rs,
all other 965 chipset based cheap mobo's are noot good enough for overclocking,
so don't choose the 965's,

about AMD
go for ASUS M2A VM(if u want onboard gfx) costs 5000Rs,

or M4N SLi ( for SLi config)5400Rs,

both are good mobos

Tanmay

Journeyman
Yep the main advantage of C2D lies in it's tremendous Overclocking potential. It can be easily OC'ed to match that on a E6700. Just make sure you get a good OC' friendly Motherboard like the ASUS P5NE-SLi or Gigabyte DS3 or ASUS P5B Deluxe.

Note that none of these have OnBoard Video....

OP
T

Tooocool

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the replies :)

I have decided to get the AMD 4800+ x2 due to 2 reasons

1) I wont be overclocking..
2) Budget

Also i have decided to get the ASUS M2N4-Sli mobo for Rs 5200 (includin tax).. any other better options within 5 to 6k??

4800+ costs 6.5k (including taxes) whereas 5000+ is around 8k

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Tooocool said:
Thanks for the replies :)

I have decided to get the AMD 4800+ x2 due to 2 reasons

1) I wont be overclocking..
2) Budget

Also i have decided to get the ASUS M2N4-Sli mobo for Rs 5200 (includin tax).. any other better options within 5 to 6k??

4800+ costs 6.5k (including taxes) whereas 5000+ is around 8k
excellent choice my friend:p ..for mobos my choice is asus M2R32-MVP & if u want something cheaper u cud go for asus M2A-MVP.. & if u want onboard graphics go for asus M2A-VM or M2A-VM HDMI. these r the mobos with the best onboard graphics for amd proccessors*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=496&l4=0&model=1585&modelmenu=1

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Wow i am loving it,i thought i will be the only one who'll be suggesting AMD 5000+ but its good 2 see there r many.

YUPS eva ill go with 5000+ anyday!!

Gud Mobo for AMD processor are really cheap compared to C2D Mobo,C2D Mobo's r really very expensive and at this point of time they r not at all worth it.

ssk_the_gr8

Aniruddh said:
Wow i am loving it,i thought i will be the only one who'll be suggesting AMD 5000+ but its good 2 see there r many.

Gud Mobo for AMD processor are really cheap compared to C2D Mobo,C2D Mobo's r really very expensive and at this point of time they r not at all worth it.

yup .this is true amd combos of cpus + mobos r much better & offer more value for money than intel

Toocool

Journeyman
Aniruddh said:

Hey mate..

Is it worth getting the 5000+ paying 1.5k more? or should i settle with 4800+? is the performance diff worth 1.5k?

ssk_the_gr8 said:
excellent choice my friend:p ..for mobos my choice is asus M2R32-MVP & if u want something cheaper u cud go for asus M2A-MVP.. & if u want onboard graphics go for asus M2A-VM or M2A-VM HDMI. these r the mobos with the best onboard graphics for amd proccessors*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=496&l4=0&model=1585&modelmenu=1

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

rahul30

Techzilla!
Toocool
Hey mate..

Is it worth getting the 5000+ paying 1.5k more? or should i settle with 4800+? is the performance diff worth 1.5k?

the difference between amd x2 4800 and amd x2 5000 is only 100 mhz and the price difference is 1.5k......100 mhz does not make a difference watsover ...even if it does it will be negligible...save that money and but an extra 1gb ram or invest in a good psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom