AMD vs INTEL

amit5ingh

Broken In
i want to buy a laptop under 35k.., but m confused dat which preocessor wud b gud for me.
i want a laptop dat could b able to run complex IDEs for programming n games n mulimedia too.
m confused between AMD A8 and Intel C-I5...
plz help me... i can extend my budget 2k-3k...
thanx...

Last edited:

pacificb0y

Broken In
See AMD A8 is good But it has heating issues while Gaming and for Long use . Pair it with a decent cooling Pad and You are Good to go And on the other side You have intel i3 3rd gen or an i5 ,if you go on benchmarks A8 wins over i3 slightly But i5 beats A8

You are Looking for Gaming,complex IDEs for programming and multimedia Well then go for a A8 or i3 Laptops consisting dedicated gpu Like Radeon 7670m or nvidia Geforce GT630
Both are Good

So get and i3 or A8 within 33 to 38 k ,forget about i5 you gonna have to spent much more ,point is you can get a i5 within 35 k easily but it wont have a dedicated GPU For gaming and multimedia

OP
A

amit5ingh

Broken In
thanx for the reply n suggestion...
would u plz suggest me any cooling pad for amd a8 or i sud go fo i3 3rd gen wid dedicated graphic....??
m interested fo a8., cos it comes wid gud config..., wot u say?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you are fine with a 14" laptop, go for this: HP Pavilion G4-2049TX or 15.6" Dell Vostro 3560.

else you can stick to HP 2005AX/2314AX and save upwards of 4k.

OP
A

amit5ingh

Broken In
thanx sam.. :)
m considering hp pavilion g4-2049tx...
would u tell me any gud combination wid i3 as option., as pacificb0y n ppl around me saying no need of i5..?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as per my experience with a friend's HP G6-2230TX(i3 3rd gen+amd 7670M) my suggestion is avoid combination of intel core i 3rd gen+amd graphics.either get intel+nvidia or amd processor+amd graphics.

OP
A

amit5ingh

Broken In
i think hp pavilion g4-2049tx also come wid intel+amd combination.., is dere any serious probs wid d combination...? :O

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not major but there are minor issues.switchable graphics don't work without glitches & sometimes it fails to switch to dedicated graphics even when you made a specific rule for that application.most games will run fine but because of this issue i am not sure if everything will run fine.one thing is for sure that except games dedicated graphics is difficult to use with other applications like video player(if you use dedicated graphics capable renderer for some video enhancement).

powerstarprince

In the zone
I don't know how to download the latest amd drivers for my g4 laptop. The one i'm using right now is the latest one available from hp website and it's something belonging to catalyst 12.8 , They say that the official amd drivers won't work for my laptop as i will need to download intel driver separately and then it would not work for the switchable graphics option. So.. they recommend to get those leshcatlabs modded drivers, while they don't have digital certificate signatures to work flawlessly. I'm confused what i can do now, to get the latest working drivers.

OP
A

amit5ingh

Broken In
hi frnz...
i purchaged a hp g4-2049tx from a local store.., thanx to u guys..
its works very fine.., bt the problem is wid touchpad, when i attach charger it does not work properly.., wot shud i do?

Top Bottom