AMD Vs. Intel, Which is Better?

Amd or Intel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

my post final answer to this dispute or what ??? LOLZ....

no rebuttals??.. no-one intrested... heh :))

shall i take it for granted that ive said everything right and left no place for any dispute?...

in short : did i win? :))

haha..

jus kiddin guys...
but be bit more responsive

regards
bikalp

axxo

99.9% Idle
plz help me...whether should i keep my upgrade from athlon 3000+ to c2d as on or get it postponed?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Actually Intel beats AMD in price today. AMD's 6000+ procy is priced at 7.8k whereas Intels e6750 is priced at 8.2k. Just 400ruppee difference but 400mile difference in performance. So currently Intel beats AMD in all ways.. :D:D:D

azzu

AJJU
^^ perfectly Agree but if u see lower End proceessor's its not like that
but ya i agree Intel Lead's the Way

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
nvidia8800 said:
Actually Intel beats AMD in price today. AMD's 6000+ procy is priced at 7.8k whereas Intels e6750 is priced at 8.2k. Just 400ruppee difference but 400mile difference in performance. So currently Intel beats AMD in all ways.. :D:D:D
You can get a decent AMD X2 board with all the mainstream features, plus onboard nVIDIA/ATi GPU under 4000/-. Decent C2D boards are selling in the 10-15k range.

I'm using AMD X2 6000+ coupled with ASUS M2NPV-VM and extremely satisfied with the setup.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^^ yeah you caught the point...

people in tight budget can really build a good enough AMD system at dirt cheap... intels case is different and AFAIK most computer users are those who need a computer to use it for basic tasks like word processing and net surfing for which even lowly celerons will do.... and i come across people daily who have Pentium 3, 128 mb ram, 20 gb hdd, onboard gfx, at their homes just because they done need anything better... and thats true...
its the end user's choice...

and those kinda people who look for upgrades, AMD fits in.... giving unbeatable VFM... ;)

For people who have dough and will... Go Intel... Im not a Pro-AMD buff whos gonna make his day by drifting customers to intel.. :))

and whatever i was talking about... i didnt actually mean to compare AMD and Intel products side by side....

I mean to compare Intel and AMD as COMPANIES, INDUSTRIES...

i mean im comparing their history, market records, influential and a bit of hit products....

and as Intels had enough of Monopoly in Processors like Microsoft in OS market, i thought AMD is a better in terms of COMPANY.. at least till date...

intel can do wrong and get time to correct it and again do it and set it right... (many of us know about the bugs in earlier core 2 duos as well)

its had enough lead earlier when AMD was not there!! so that works out like insurance.....

its like a Linux distro coming UP and occasionaly beating windows... i mean thats what i would compare it with whenever AMD provides better solutions...

regards
bikalp

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Which one is sasta is better ..

In desktop .. - AMD Athlon64 X2

In Laptop - If everything else is same, as in size and other specs .. - Which one is cheap is better either Turion or Core2Duo

As for my personal exp,

Have been using AMD desktop for almost 7 years now ...
No complaints, ya No heating problems even in the year 2000 when I bought that old K6-2.

So, AMD rulz bcoz of VALUE FOR MONEY

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
AMD is now Light Years behind Intel Now .......

i feel light years is still not a proper parameter to highlight the performance differences... :)

hahahari

In the zone
Value for money-AMD
And since we live live in India...I must say AMD is better.Btw I was a p4 user till one week ago now use AMD 2X 64 bit 4400+ so I am impartial.I have used both ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom